- Australia fires: Is arson to blame?
There has been speculation about how many of the bushfires were caused by arson - what do the figures show?
BBC News. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 15:53:50 GMT.
- Focus on opioids and cannabis in chronic pain media coverage
New Zealand media reports on chronic pain are focusing on treatments involving opioids and cannabis at the expense of best practice non-drug treatments, researchers have found.
Science Daily. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 09:43:23 EST.
- Australia loses one of its classical greats, Barry Tuckwell
Considered a talent on a par with Joan Sutherland or Nellie Melba, Tuckwell's French horn recordings are still considered all-time masterpieces.
Barney Zwartz. Sydney Morning Herald. Sat, 18 Jan 2020 01:39:25 +1100.
- Caring Camilla: Duchess of Cornwall made a 'generous' donation to an Australian bushfire appeal
GIVIT, an Australian-based organisation that matches donations with those in need, said it was 'excited and humbled' by the Duchess of Cornwall's support in a tweet posted yesterday.
Daily Mail. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 13:49:55 +0000.
- Fires, Then Floods: How Much Can a Koala Bear Take?
The bushfires, which began in September, have claimed 28 lives and are estimated to have killed more than a billion animals across eastern and southern Australia.
Voice of America. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 03:39:26 -0500.
- Australia fires: 'Apocalypse' comes to Kangaroo Island
Australia's Kangaroo Island has been likened to Noah's Ark - but its unique wildlife is under threat.
BBC News. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 05:46:46 GMT.
- LaMelo Ball Remains A Top-3 NBA Draft Pick After Shutting It Down in Australia
LaMelo Ball remains a projected top-3 pick in the upcoming NBA Draft after shutting it down in the Australian NBL due to a foot injury.
By Adam Zagoria, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 01:24:43 +0000.
- Parts of Australia finally get some much-needed heavy rain
Intense thunderstorms with heavy rains dampened bushfires on Australia's east coast on Friday and brought relief to farmers in three states battling a drought that has left much of the country tinder dry.
CBC News. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 20:23:00 EST.
- 'Dinosaur' trees in Australia saved from wildfires in secret mission
Firefighters saved Wollemi Pines from the Australia wildfires in a secret government mission.
ABC News. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 16:43:02 -0500.
- Australian bushfires: Blazes taking toll on economy
Years of work up in flames - counting the economic cost of Australia's unprecedented bushfire season.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 10:37:29 GMT.
- Bose is closing all retail locations in North America, Europe, Australia and Japan - CNET
The move is due to "the dramatic shift to online shopping."
Abrar Al-heeti. CNET. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 23:32:00 +0000.
- Toyota Supra 2.0L Turbo lands in Europe, is the US next? - Roadshow
So far, the turbo-four has only been offered in Japan and Australia.
Sean Szymkowski. CNET. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 19:49:00 +0000.
- Enphase Energy-OpenSolar to Promote App-Based Solar Solution
Enphase Energy's (ENPH) joint venture with OpenSolar is expected to boost its business in Australia.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 14:08:00 GMT.
- Hudson's Bay Co names Nairn as president
Canadian department store retailer Hudson's Bay has appointed Iain Nairn, former CEO of Australian retailer David Jones, as its new president.
Just Style. Tue, 14 Jan 2020 10:55:00 GMT.
- Outrage in Germany as Siemens backs Aussie mine project
Environmental activists across the world have slammed German engineering conglomerate Siemens after it decided to carry on with a controversial coal mine project in Australia.
The Local. Mon, 13 Jan 2020 17:29:33 +0100.