- Australia bushfires: Pregnant firefighter defends decision to fight fires
Fourteen weeks pregnant, Kat Robinson-Williams says she must help while Australia is "in flames".
BBC News. Wed, 13 Nov 2019 04:22:58 GMT.
- Australia bushfires: Fresh warnings in Queensland and New South Wales
Huge blazes continue to rage in two drought-hit states, amid warnings of a dangerous summer.
BBC News. Wed, 13 Nov 2019 03:04:41 GMT.
- 'Highly unlikely': Bancroft concedes Test call-up is out of reach
The only gunslinger to fire a shot in the Australia A bat-off, Cameron Bancroft concedes he probably hasn't done enough to force his way back into the Test side.
Sydney Morning Herald. Wed, 13 Nov 2019 08:04:09 +1100.
- Australian gets 4 months in jail over drunken Bali rampage
Nicholas Carr carried out a campaign of destruction in Seminyak, a popular tourist area on the Indonesian island.
Al Jazeera. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 19:56:48 GMT.
- Taliban to release US, Australian hostages in potential swap with Afghan government
The Taliban will release U.S., Australian hostages in a swap with the Afghan government, according to its president.
ABC News. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 14:20:37 -0500.
- Revealed! Worst constructions fails from around the globe
Trevor Lahey, believed to be from Australia, has shared various snaps of worst DIY fails from across the globe - and added a witty caption trying to 'justify' the shoddy construction work.
Daily Mail. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 18:43:42 GMT.
- First evidence of feathered polar dinosaurs found in Australia
A cache of 118 million-year-old fossilized dinosaur and bird feathers has been recovered from an ancient lake deposit that once lay beyond the southern polar circle.
Science Daily. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 11:02:35 EST.
- Winds fan ferocious fires in Australia's most populous state
Ferocious wildfires were burning at emergency-level intensity across Australia's most populous state and into Sydney suburbs on Tuesday as authorities warned most people in their paths that there was no longer time to flee.
CBC News. Mon, 11 Nov 2019 22:29:16 EST.
- Pamela Anderson claims WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has been subjected to 'traumatic psychological torture'
Pamela Anderson says WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has been subjected to "traumatic psychological torture", as she urged his home country Australia to stop him being extradited to the US.
Irish Independent. Mon, 11 Nov 2019 22:10:29 +0000.
- Fat-shamed reporter reveals his new six-pack abs
After getting publicly fat-shamed, a journalist from Australia decided that enough was enough.
Michael Hollan. Fox News. Mon, 11 Nov 2019 17:03:18 GMT.
- Your Weekly Juice For 2nd Week of November: Five Stories in Five Minutes
Energy news from first full week of November: Teslas getting max mileage; offshore wind turbines getting even bigger; Australia, California and New England grappling with renewables and uncertainty in grid planning, and free fracked gas.
By Peter Kelly-detwiler, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 11 Nov 2019 16:00:41 +0000.
- Planet Fitness Signs Agreement to Open 35 Stores in Australia
Planet Fitness (PLNT) has been focusing on strategic partnerships and international expansions. The company is set to open 35 Planet Fitness locations in Australia.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 11 Nov 2019 13:23:00 GMT.
- 3 Dead as Australia Battles Bushfires
Officials warn of "catastrophic" fire conditions ahead, including near country's biggest city of Sydney.
Voice of America. Sun, 10 Nov 2019 03:42:51 -0500.
- Two Dead, Dozens Hurt, 150-plus Homes Lost in Australia Wildfires
The fire danger in New South Wales on Friday reached levels never seen before, fire officials said.
Voice of America. Sat, 09 Nov 2019 02:07:41 -0500.
- Wildfires Rage In Australian State: 'We've Simply Never Had This Number Of Fires'
Officials say persistent drought caused a massive outbreak of fires in New South Wales, which is the country's most populous state. Dangerous conditions are expected to continue in the coming months.
Paolo Zialcita. NPR. Fri, 08 Nov 2019 17:53:14 -0500.