- Air New Zealand to cut up to 3500 jobs amid coronavirus pandemic
The airline announces job cuts are on the way as it grapples with the coronavirus that has led to the cancellation of nearly all its flights.
Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 07:14:34 +1100.
- Watching Australia documentary motivates me for Ashes - Root
England Test captain Joe Root says watching the documentary series about Australia has helped motivate him for next winter's Ashes.
BBC News. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 17:00:42 GMT.
- Peacock spiders show more of their colours
A new batch of these ostentatiously coloured and popular arachnids is described in Australia.
BBC News. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 15:18:24 GMT.
- Up to a million Britons stranded abroad are still scrambling to return to the UK
New Zealand has imposed a strict lockdown to battle the disease, and has grounded international flights, leaving Brits desperate to get home.
Daily Mail. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 12:13:42 +0100.
- COVID-19 Crisis Could Cost Australia 1 Million Jobs; Government Responds with Stimulus
Australia launches massive government stimulus to save jobs.
Voice of America. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 00:31:56 -0400.
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson return to Los Angeles after testing positive for coronavirus in Australia
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have returned home to the United States after testing positive for COVID-19, the novel coronavirus, in Australia.
Melissa Roberto. Fox News. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 01:54:58 GMT.
- Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson return home to US after coronavirus isolation in Australia - CNET
"We carry on with sheltering in place and social distancing," Hanks says in a tweet.
Bonnie Burton. CNET. Sat, 28 Mar 2020 20:18:00 +0000.
- Fires Where They Are 'Not Supposed To Happen' In Australia's Ancient Rainforest
Australia's unprecedented fire season scorched sections of rare, ancient rainforests. It's another signal that climate change is intensifying and expanding wildfires globally.
Nathan Rott. NPR. Sat, 28 Mar 2020 07:00:33 -0400.
- Tiny newly discovered spider looks like Vincent van Gogh's Starry Night - CNET
It's one of seven new peacock spiders discovered by an Australian arachnologist and citizen scientists.
Bonnie Burton. CNET. Fri, 27 Mar 2020 23:31:00 +0000.
- European markets lower after stimulus surge on Wall Street
BANGKOK (AP) - Shares skidded early Friday in Europe after a mixed day in Asia, where Tokyo's Nikkei 225 jumped while Australia's benchmark sank 5%. U.S. ...
Elaine Kurtenbach. Washington Times. Fri, 27 Mar 2020 02:11:05 -0400.
- FraudWatch International to Actively Target and Take-Down COVID-19 Online Scams
MELBOURNE, Australia, March 26, 2020 -- FraudWatch International, a global Digital Risk Protection company, will begin actively targeting all COVID-19 Online Scams to protect all Internet users from cyber criminals. ...
PR Newswire. Fri, 27 Mar 2020 03:53:00 +0000.
- Enphase & Rexel Collaborate to Expand Australian Network
Enphase Energy's (ENPH) products will be made available to solar installers via Rexel's extensive electrical wholesale network in both metro and regional Australia.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 26 Mar 2020 14:09:00 GMT.
- Travel Restrictions Create A Direct A380 Australia To London Flight
With travel restrictions grounding airlines and closing airports all across the world, there are some unusual flight routings emerging. Qantas introduced, briefly, at the A380 superjumbo from Sydney to London, with a stop in Darwin. ...
By James Asquith, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 26 Mar 2020 07:34:27 +0000.
- Man Pleads Guilty to Killing 51 in New Zealand Mosque Massacre
The man who committed the worst atrocity in New Zealand's modern history when he slaughtered 51 worshipers at two Christchurch mosques unexpectedly pleaded guilty to all charges Thursday. ...
Newsmax. Wed, 25 Mar 2020 21:00:51 EDT.
- Christchurch mosque attacks: Gunman changes plea to guilty
Brenton Tarrant, an Australian white supremacist, is accused of killing 51 people at two mosques in New Zealand in 2019.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 26 Mar 2020 01:00:12 GMT.