- Victorian healthcare workers brace for record numbers of coronavirus patients
The mood at the Austin Hospital is one of trepidation. Staff are bracing for a volume of COVID-19 patients never before experienced in Australia.
Melissa Cunningham. Sydney Morning Herald. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 19:31:15 +1000.
- How Huge Military Contractors Will Get Even Richer Off The Australian Submarine Deal
Under the cloud of smoke around the Australian submarine deal, are the unspoken aspects of the enrichment of American military contractors.
By Charles Tiefer, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 23:30:11 -0400.
- Doctor, 40, charged with murdering her three girls is remanded in a secure mental health unit
Lauren Dickason, 40, stood silently in the dock at Timaru District Court in New Zealand yesterday after the bodies of her three daughters were found by her husband Graham.
Daily Mail. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 02:20:00 +0100.
- France recalls US ambassador in protest at Australia submarine deal
The decision was made by French president Emmanuel Macron
Helen Elfer. The Independent. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 01:09:41 GMT.
- Covid 19 Australia: NSW records 1331 cases, Victoria records 535
New South Wales has recorded 1331 new local cases of Covid-19.Six Covid-related deaths were also reported by NSW Health. One person was in their 40s, one person was in their 60s, two people were in their 70s and two people ...
New Zealand Herald. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 13:00:00 +1200.
- The Sharp U.S. Pivot to Asia Is Throwing Europe Off Balance
The new U.S. alliance with Australia and Britain against China has put Europe closer to a question it has tried to avoid: Which side are you on?
Steven Erlanger. New York Times. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 00:09:11 +0000.
- Aukus: France recalls envoys amid security pact row
The "exceptional decision" follows a pact between Australia, the US and UK, which scuppered a French deal.
BBC News. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 21:58:32 GMT.
- France recalls ambassadors to US and Australia in response to AUKUS nuclear submarine pact
France has recalled its ambassadors to the United States and Australia in response to a pact signed by the two countries along with the United Kingdom that they referred to as a stab in the back.
Andrew Miller. Fox News. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 20:50:45 GMT.
- France recalls ambassadors to US, Australia over sub deal
France on Friday recalled its ambassadors to the U.S. and Australia over President Biden’s nuclear-powered submarine deal with Australia, undercutting their previous submarine deal with the French. ...
Joseph Clark. Washington Times. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:39:33 -0400.
- France recalls ambassadors from US, Australia over submarines row
The move by France against such key allies is unprecedented.
Straits Times. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 04:28:40 +0800.
- New Zealand Kids Discovered This Fossil of New Giant Penguin Species on a Field Trip
Paleontologists say the bird would have been roughly the size of a ten-year-old child
Smithsonian. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 20:13:19 +0000.
- France pulls ambassadors to US, Australia in protest of submarine deal
France on Friday recalled its ambassadors to the U.S. and Australia in protest of a new partnership between the two countries to deliver Australia nuclear-powered submarines.
Morgan Chalfant. The Hill. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 20:09:30 +0000.
- France recalls US and Australia envoys over submarine deal
France recalls ambassadors to US and Australia for consultations - an unprecedented move taken over a submarine deal.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 20:05:07 +0000.
- Biden's climate commitment tested as greens fight Nevada lithium mine
President Biden is calling for an electric vehicle revolution, but a major mining project proposed for remote western Nevada could soon show whether his administration intends to walk the talk. All the Australian company ioneer Ltd. ...
Valerie Richardson. Washington Times. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 13:26:08 -0400.
- Aukus: Defence pact an awkward wake-up call for Europe
As Australia, the UK and the US seal a security pact, the EU does not quite know where to look.
BBC News. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 17:11:00 GMT.