- Reluctance to wear neck guards stuns former cricket team doctor
A former Australian cricket team doctor says he is amazed that even some batsmen still refuse to wear neck guards attached to their helmets.
Chloe Saltau. Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 20 Aug 2019 20:52:22 +1000.
- Australia has banned at least four video games in the last three months - CNET
Games like DayZ are being banned left, right and centre.
Mark Serrels. CNET. Tue, 20 Aug 2019 05:25:13 +0000.
- New Zealand gallery has a 'nightmare' 16ft giant hand sculpture installed that terrifies locals
Quasi, was created in 2016 by Ronnie van Hout and was brought to City Gallery Wellington in New Zealand on Monday. It was introduced to look over the Civic Square but it was met with backlash.
Daily Mail. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 20:25:35 GMT.
- Intimidating Speedster Jofra Archer Has Flipped The Ashes And Spooked Australia
Jofra Archer has changed the momentum of the Ashes through his intimidating bowling.
By Tristan Lavalette, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 13:40:32 +0000.
- 'Nightmare' hand statue looms over New Zealand city
The disturbing modern art piece has been installed on the roof of Wellington's City Gallery.
BBC News. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 13:01:15 GMT.
- England unchanged for third Ashes Test, Anderson being assessed
England name an unchanged squad for the third Ashes Test against Australia, which starts on Thursday at Headingley.
BBC News. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 10:07:45 GMT.
- Security Laws Making Australia a Secretive State, Media Leaders Say
Lawmakers look at press freedoms after Australia media raids.
Voice of America. Sat, 17 Aug 2019 03:25:53 -0400.
- WATCH: Victim of Paris bike theft mounts sting operation to catch the thieves
Now bike theft is something of an occupational hazard for cyclists in Paris, but when one Australian living in the city fell victim to thieves, she wasn't taking it lying down.
The Local. Fri, 16 Aug 2019 15:43:11 +0200.
- Hidden 'Jurassic World' of Volcanoes Uncovered in Australia
About 100 volcanoes dating to the Jurassic era were recently discovered buried under the basins of central Australia.
Live Science. Fri, 16 Aug 2019 13:32:14 +0000.
- 'Watered down': Pacific leaders chide Australia on climate change
Pacific leaders criticise Australia over lack of action on 'existential threat' posed by global warming, rising seas.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 16 Aug 2019 09:51:33 GMT.
- Scientists find a way to make sure your food is really gluten-free - CNET
Australian researchers have discovered a way to detect specific glutens in wheat, barley, oats -- and now rye.
Shelby Brown. CNET. Thu, 15 Aug 2019 12:29:28 +0000.
- Good Samaritans capture stabbing rampage suspect accused of killing 1 woman in Australia
A man with a butcher's knife is accused of killing a woman and injuring another in a stabbing rampage in Sydney, Australia.
Kabc. ABC News. Wed, 14 Aug 2019 23:05:49 +0000.
- A Human-Sized Penguin Once Waddled Through New Zealand
The leg bones of Crossvallia waiparensis suggest it was more than five feet tall and weighed up to 176 pounds
Smithsonian. Wed, 14 Aug 2019 19:22:28 +0000.
- Monster penguin find in Waipara, New Zealand
A new species of giant penguin -- about 1.6 metres tall -- has been identified from fossils found in Waipara, North Canterbury in New Zealand.
Science Daily. Wed, 14 Aug 2019 10:16:42 EDT.
- Alleged Christchurch gunman sends letter from prison cell
A six-page letter from the man accused of killing 51 people in a mass shooting in New Zealand was posted this week on 4chan, a website notorious as a place for white supremacists to post their views.
CBC News. Wed, 14 Aug 2019 07:59:19 EDT.