- No Covid rules to stop them hugging each other! Photographs show cute koalas cuddling at a park
Whilst locked down Britons can only dream of hugging their loved ones, these cute koalas have no problems at all as these cute photographs taken in the Australian Reptile Park show.
Daily Mail. Sat, 23 Jan 2021 01:57:01 +0000.
- Coronavirus updates LIVE: Western Australia to relax NSW and Queensland border rules; Invasion Day rallies planned
Victoria reached 16 days without community transmission on Friday, while Queensland and NSW also recorded no new local cases.
Roy Ward. Sydney Morning Herald. Sat, 23 Jan 2021 09:19:44 +1100.
- Australian Open 2021: Andy Murray's hopes of playing in tournament over
Andy Murray will miss the Australian Open after failing to find a "workable quarantine" solution following his positive test for coronavirus.
BBC News. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:50:38 GMT.
- Google threatens to pull search engine in Australia over tech giants bill
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison quickly hit back, saying "we don't respond to threats."
Ap. ABC News. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 16:55:09 +0000.
- Google threatens to withdraw search engine from Australia
The tech giant says it will remove its main search function from Australia if it passes a new law.
BBC News. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 16:12:16 GMT.
- Google threatens to pull search engine in Australia
Google is threatening to make its search engine unavailable in Australia if the government proceeds with plans to make tech giants pay for news content
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 15:58:55 GMT.
- An Australia With No Google? The Bitter Fight Behind a Drastic Threat
The big tech platforms are facing a challenge unlike any other as Australia moves to make them pay for news.
Damien Cave. New York Times. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 14:11:00 +0000.
- Suspected shark attack in Australia as pieces of diving equipment found in search for missing man
Rescuers trying to track down an Australian man, who went missing while snorkelling, believe he may have been taken by a shark after they found pieces of diving equipment.
Sky News. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 11:43:00 +0000.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: Why the new strains are so dangerous and how we can stop them spreading
ANALYSIS: With new, more infectious variants of Covid-19 detected around the world, and at New Zealand's border, the risk of further level 3 or 4 lockdowns is increased if those viruses get into the community. These ...
New Zealand Herald. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 16:09:19 +1200.
- Spanish tennis player says she tested positive for COVID-19
A Spanish tennis player ranked in the top 70 who was forced to quarantine in her hotel room after potentially being exposed to the coronavirus on an Australian Open charter flight says she tested positive for COVID-19.
Fox News. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 18:37:14 GMT.
- Facebook (FB) Faces Mounting Heat Over Media Market Monopoly
Facebook (FB) continues to face mounting criticism for misinformation handling and antitrust probes for violating competition law in Australia despite efforts to sustain brand value.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 15:09:00 GMT.
- Is This The End For Tim Paine & Australia?
Tim Paine must be at the end of his tenure as Australia's captain after the final day debacle at the Gabba.
By Mike Meehall Wood, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 19 Jan 2021 23:51:11 -0500.
- 47 Australian Open players in hard quarantine after COVID cases
Tennis Australia says Grand Slam will begin on February 8 despite anger from players forced into hard quarantine.
Al Jazeera. Sun, 17 Jan 2021 07:40:12 +0000.
- Toadlet peptide transforms into a deadly weapon against bacteria
Researchers have discovered remarkable molecular properties of an antimicrobial peptide from the skin of the Australian toadlet. The discovery could inspire the development of novel synthetic drugs to combat bacterial infections.
Science Daily. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 16:38:51 EST.
- This Polynesian Cruise Ship Has a Resident Tattoo Artist
Sailing between Tahiti and the Marquesas, Eddy Tata provides passengers with Polynesian-style tattoos based on their life stories
Smithsonian. Wed, 06 Jan 2021 18:43:26 +0000.