- The Front Page: Australian election - Anthony Albanese's victory and what it means for New Zealand
New Zealand could see a slight softening in relations with Australia now that Anthony Albanese is set to be the new Prime Minister - but it's too early to tell what a change in leadership will mean for the most contentious ...
New Zealand Herald. Mon, 23 May 2022 05:00:00 +1200.
- Anthony Albanese to be sworn in as Prime Minister TODAY before going to Tokyo for crucial summit
Anthony Albanese will be sworn in as Australia's 31st Prime Minister on Monday, despite not having reached the required 76 seats for majority government.
Daily Mail. Sun, 22 May 2022 17:34:27 +0100.
- Biden Arrives in Tokyo Seeking to Shore Up Support for Economic Plan
The president will meet with his counterparts from Australia, India and Japan.
Zolan Kanno-youngs. New York Times. Sun, 22 May 2022 14:50:02 +0000.
- Australia election: Anthony Albanese signals climate policy change
Anthony Albanese vows to take the nation in a new direction, creating a renewable energy superpower.
BBC News. Sun, 22 May 2022 11:07:12 GMT.
- Inside the teal wave: How the independent revolution happened
Organisation, money and a political position that the Liberal Party no longer occupies: this is the secret sauce that some think could change the face of Australian politics.
Royce Millar. Sydney Morning Herald. Sun, 22 May 2022 20:12:02 +1000.
- Australia's new leader may have to be sworn in as acting PM, amid poll uncertainty
Australia's newly-elected leader may have to be sworn in as acting prime minister to attend a summit with US President Joe Biden, with votes still being counted in the country's poll.
Sky News. Sun, 22 May 2022 07:52:00 +0100.
- Australia election: A great shock to the system
Politics will now be greener, more feminine, and more emphatically Australian, writes Nick Bryant.
BBC News. Sun, 22 May 2022 06:41:06 GMT.
- Incoming Australian PM Anthony Albanese says to meet US, Japan, India leaders
He will meet one-on-one with the leaders in Tokyo on Tuesday (May 24).
Straits Times. Sun, 22 May 2022 11:33:49 +0800.
- Australia election: PM Scott Morrison concedes defeat as Labor set to win
But both ruling coalition and opposition lose ground to Greens and independents, which could mean a hung parliament
Jane Dalton. The Independent. Sat, 21 May 2022 12:00:53 GMT.
- Australia election: Opposition Labor party wins vote
Incumbent Prime Minister Scott Morrison conceded defeat late on Saturday even though vote counting was incomplete.
Al Jazeera. Sat, 21 May 2022 01:33:15 +0000.
- Block (SQ) Boosts Portfolio Offerings With GoParrot Acquisition
Block (SQ) acquires GoParrot to expand its portfolio offerings and gain traction from restaurants in the United States, Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 19 May 2022 18:54:00 GMT.
- Australia blacklists Russian journalists, officials, organizations
The sanctions-hit companies are Russian private military company Vagner and two Belarusian enterprises: a manufacturer of tracked vehicles, Minotor-service, and the Radar Construction Bureau
Tass. Wed, 18 May 2022 04:47:06 +0300.
- Feral Pigs May Have Helped Boost Crocodile Numbers in the Northern Territory, Australia
Crocodiles have recovered from near extinction in the last few decades, with numbers increasing from only a few thousand to over 100,000
Smithsonian. Tue, 17 May 2022 18:26:05 +0000.
- Chinese intelligence ship tracked close to sensitive Australia-US submarine communications facility
A Chinese intelligence collection ship has been tracked for a week off the West Australian coast and within 50 n miles (93 km) of a sensitive naval communications ...
Janes 360. Mon, 16 May 2022 05:50:21 Z.
- England Is Hoping Brendon McCullum Can Spark Its Slumbering Test Cricket Team
Brendon McCullum, lauded during his captaincy stint with New Zealand, will be aiming to fuel a turnaround in England's slumping Test fortunes.
By Tristan Lavalette, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 13 May 2022 10:23:42 -0400.
Copyright © 2008-2022 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Oceania