- Father saves son after dingo grabs sleeping toddler from camper van on Australian island
'The parents woke up to the baby screaming and chased after him and had to fight the dingoes off', paramedic says
Samuel Osborne. The Independent. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 19:00:53 GMT.
- Andrew Hastie's campaign bus survives 'dead of night' arson attack
The campaign bus of high-profile West Australian MP Andrew Hastie has survived an arson attack on Thursday night after the grass in a paddock where it was parked was doused in petrol and set alight.
Nathan Hondros. Sydney Morning Herald. Sat, 20 Apr 2019 01:05:02 +1000.
- Father Saves Toddler After Dingo Drags Him Away From Sleeping Family
The 14-month-old boy suffered a fractured skull and puncture wounds in the attack by a dingo on Fraser Island in Australia, where the wild dogs have attacked people three times this year.
Daniel Victor. New York Times. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 10:00:26 GMT.
- Dingoes drag 14-month-old baby out of caravan as his parents sleep
A father has saved his baby son from being dragged away by a pack of wild dogs at an Australian holiday home.
Sky News. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 09:32:00 +0100.
- Premium New Zealand honey producer admits adding chemicals: media
A New Zealand company pleaded guilty on Thursday to charges of adding artificial chemicals to its premium manuka honey, media reported, in a flagship prosecution over a product that is high-value export for the country.
Reuters. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 03:09:36 -0400.
- Father saves toddler being dragged away by dingoes
A man has fought off several dingoes to save his 14-month-old son from one of the wild dogs that was dragging the boy from their camper van on an Australian holiday island, rescue workers said.
Irish Independent. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 07:10:18 +0100.
- Homeless Australian man reunited with lost rat pet by police
Lucy the rat went missing in downtown Sydney, sparking a social media search and emotional reunion.
BBC News. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 03:57:52 GMT.
- Australia dingo attack: Father saves toddler from wild dog
The boy had been sleeping inside a campervan when a dingo came and dragged him away.
BBC News. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 02:35:20 GMT.
- Australian father rescues toddler from dingo's jaws
SYDNEY (AFP) - A father rescued his son from a dingo's jaws after the infant was dragged from a campervan at an Australian tourist island, authorities said Friday (April 19), in the third such attack this year.
Straits Times. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 09:55:05 +0800.
- Rare Kakapo parrot produces strong breeding season, scientists say
The kakapo, a rare parrot that resides in New Zealand, has reportedly had quite a few babies as of late, marking an impressive mating season.
Elizabeth Zwirz. Fox News. Thu, 18 Apr 2019 23:32:02 GMT.
- U.S backpacker, 27, issues desperate plea for help after surviving a horror car crash
An American backpacker who survived a horror head on collision on an Australian freeway is pleading for help to pay her mounting medical bills.
Daily Mail. Thu, 18 Apr 2019 22:48:22 GMT.
- Kakapow! Rare world's fattest parrot has record breeding season
The world's fattest parrot, the critically endangered kakapo, has enjoyed a record breaking breeding season, New Zealand scientists said Thursday, with climate change possibly aiding the species' unique mating spree. ...
Yahoo. Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:11:24 -0400.
- Australia: Criminalising Women
Investigating why more Australian women are behind bars than ever before and the challenges they face once released.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 18 Apr 2019 08:52:41 GMT.
- Australia officials work with social media to safeguard poll
Australian electoral authorities say they have for the first time set up a cybersecurity task force and are working with social media companies to tackle misinformation in the run up to general elections on May 18.
ABC News. Thu, 18 Apr 2019 01:24:27 -0400.
- Australian Borce Ristevski jailed for killing Kiwi wife Karen
Melbourne man Borce Ristevski who killed his wife Karen and dumped her body in bushland has been sentenced for her manslaughter.Supreme Court Justice Christopher Beale jailed Ristevski for nine years. He will not be eligible ...
New Zealand Herald. Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:38:50 +1200.