- Kiwi brother and sister sentenced over brutal attack on police
An Australian judge has blasted a Kiwi brother and sister who repeatedly strangled a female police officer to near unconsciousness and restrained her using her own handcuffs, telling the pair: "Shame on you both".Hylton Miharo ...
New Zealand Herald. Tue, 07 Jul 2020 12:06:23 +1200.
- How the US steamrolled Chinese tech giant out of Five Eyes
Huawei has lost the anglosphere. The telecommunications giant that symbolised China's economic rise will no longer build 5G networks across Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States and now Britain.
Eryk Bagshaw. Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 07 Jul 2020 06:00:00 +1000.
- Coronavirus Australia: Victoria outbreak spreads to NSW
All residents of the greater Melbourne area were banned from New South Wales as of 12.01am on Tuesday - and all Victorians will be stopped from crossing the border 24 hours later.
Daily Mail. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 19:57:38 GMT.
- Border between Australia's most populous states closed
Border between New South Wales and Victoria shut down indefinitely as COVID-19 cases soar.
Al Jazeera. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 13:54:43 GMT.
- Australia Considers Safe Haven for Hong Kong Protesters
Prime Minister Scott Morrison says new resettlement plans are being drafted.
Voice of America. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 06:00:08 -0400.
- Luton family reunites Australian relatives with lost photo
The wedding day snap of three men taken in 1952 was found in a thrift shop in Brisbane.
BBC News. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 09:10:37 GMT.
- Coronavirus: Australia to close busy Victoria-New South Wales border for first time in 100 years
Move follows order for more than 300,000 people in Melbourne suburbs to go under lockdown
Zoe Tidman. The Independent. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 07:00:00 GMT.
- Coronavirus: Australia to close Victoria-New South Wales border
The first closure of the border since the pandemic began follows a sharp rise in cases in Melbourne.
BBC News. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 05:18:53 GMT.
- The Australian Air Force Can Send Just Two Fighters Into Battle With China
The tyranny of distance weighs heavily on Australia's ability to deploy air power.
By David Axe, Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 05 Jul 2020 08:00:00 -0400.
- Rocket Lab: Latest mission from New Zealand lost in flight
An Electron rocket launched from New Zealand's North Island fails in flight, destroying its satellites.
Yahoo. Sun, 05 Jul 2020 07:39:03 -0400.
- 3,000 people put into 'hard lockdown' as coronavirus cases soar in Oz tower blocks
Nine inner-city tower blocks, home to 3,000 people, have been placed in "hard lockdown" after a surge in coronavirus infections in Melbourne, Australia.
Sky News. Sun, 05 Jul 2020 12:27:00 +0100.
- Australia Faces its Own Reckoning Over Diversity in Media
The Black Lives Matter movement has inspired Australians to examine issues of race in our own country.
Besha Rodell. New York Times. Sun, 05 Jul 2020 03:01:58 +0000.
- Australia to receive first three Triton HALE UAVs by 2025
Australia can expect delivery of its first Northrop Grumman MQ-4C Triton high-altitude, long-endurance (HALE) unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) in 2023, and of the ...
Janes 360. Fri, 03 Jul 2020 13:09:13 Z.
- New Zealand Health Minister Quits After COVID-19 Mistakes
He ignored lockdown measures, took family to beach.
Voice of America. Fri, 03 Jul 2020 03:59:44 -0400.
- First confirmed underwater Aboriginal archaeological sites found off Australian coast
Ancient submerged Aboriginal archaeological sites await underwater rediscovery off the coast of Australia, according to a study.
Science Daily. Wed, 01 Jul 2020 15:17:22 EDT.