- Guantanamo Bay prisoner sues British government claiming MI6 was 'complicit in his torture'
Abu Zubaydah, once described by George W Bush as 'al-Qaida's chief of operations' has been detained without trial by the US authorities since his capture in Pakistan in 2002.
Daily Mail. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 17:49:04 +0000.
- French ex-PM Balladur goes on trial over 'Karachi affair' kickback allegations
Former French prime minister Edouard Balladur goes on trial Tuesday on charges that he used kickbacks from arms deals in the 1990s to fund a failed presidential run, a case known as the "Karachi affair".
France 24. France 24. Tue, 19 Jan 2021 07:11:06 GMT.
- Christian girl chained up in cattle pen for five months after forced marriage to Muslim
A Christian girl has been taken into care in Pakistan after allegedly being abducted by a Muslim man who forced her to marry him and then kept her chained up in a cattle pen.The girl spent five months chained up in the pen in ...
New Zealand Herald. Tue, 19 Jan 2021 10:17:29 +1200.
- Dirty old town: tackling air pollution in Karachi
Government officials put green stickers on vehicles fit for the road while owners of unfit vehicles are fined and given red stickers
Amar Guriro. The Independent. Mon, 18 Jan 2021 15:27:42 GMT.
- Pakistan top court moves to hear #MeToo case against singer Zafar
Supreme Court to hear charges by leading singer and actress Meesha Shafi against another singer and actor, Ali Zafar.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 17:03:43 +0000.
- Afghan Shiite leader in Pakistan after killings of miners
- Hindu shrine desecration: Can Pakistan protect its religious minorities?
The destruction of a sacred shrine by a mob has left Pakistan's Hindu minority feeling vulnerable.
BBC News. Tue, 12 Jan 2021 00:32:21 GMT.
- Pakistan vaccination blitz aims to protect 40 million children against polio
Pakistan has started a five-day vaccination campaign to try to protect tens of millions of children against polio.
Sky News. Mon, 11 Jan 2021 11:49:00 +0000.
- Pakistan power cut plunges country into darkness
Electricity is gradually being restored after a huge outage triggered by a power station fault.
BBC News. Sun, 10 Jan 2021 11:45:47 GMT.
- Massive power outage leaves Pakistan in the dark
A major technical fault in Pakistan's power generation and distribution system caused a massive power outage that plunged the country into darkness.
Sydney Morning Herald. Sun, 10 Jan 2021 18:40:27 +1100.
- Much of Pakistan Loses Power in Massive Blackout
The capital, Islamabad, and most major cities were affected in what was one of the biggest power failures to hit the country of 200 million people.
Salman Masood. New York Times. Sun, 10 Jan 2021 06:37:06 +0000.
- Minister: Massive power outage leaves Pakistan in the dark
ISLAMABAD (AP) - A major technical fault in Pakistan's power generation and distribution system caused a massive power outage that plunged the country into darkness overnight, the energy minister said. ...
Zarar Khan. Washington Times. Sun, 10 Jan 2021 01:00:29 -0500.
The Islamic Republic of Pakistan is an Asian country, located between
India to the east, Afghanistan and Iran to the west, and China to the
north. Its capital city is Islamabad, and its largest city is
Karachi. Pakistan's currency is the Pakistan Rupee.
The primary languages used in Pakistan are Urdu and English, and in 2020,
Pakistan's estimated population was 220,892,340. Approximately 55%
of Pakistanis are Punjabi, 14% are Pashtun, 14% are Sindhi, 8% are
Mohajir, and 9% are other ethnicities.
For more news and information about Pakistan, visit the official
Pakistan government website.
Click on the small Pakistan map shown at right to display a full-size
map of Pakistan.