- US Department of State regrets Russia's closure of OSCE border observer mission
"We continue to call on Russia to allow the Border Observer Mission mandate to be extended," a spokesperson said
Tass. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 05:04:00 +0300.
- Russia is accused of rigging gas prices to damage Britain's Covid recovery
Russia's state-owned energy firm, Gazprom, is now facing an investigation into the rise in price and more than 40 MEPs last night accused the company of 'deliberate market manipulation'.
Daily Mail. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 02:39:26 +0100.
- Apple removed Russia opposition app after arrest threats: Source
Russian authorities reportedly threatened to arrest local staff of the tech giant.
Straits Times. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 03:40:02 +0800.
- Russian Oligarch Vows To Appeal Swiss Prosecutor's Decision To Drop Case Against Art Dealer
Lawyers for Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev say he will appeal a decision by Swiss prosecutors to close his case against a top art dealer he accused of swindling him out of more than $1 billion.
Radio Liberty. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 19:39:47 +0000.
- Russian election: Opposition smart app removed as vote begins
The Smart Voting app promoted candidates most likely to defeat President Vladimir Putin's party.
BBC News. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 18:07:34 GMT.
- UK to deploy more intelligence personnel to monitor Russia and China
Additional UK military intelligence personnel are being deployed to overseas locations as part of growing strategic competition with Russia and China, according to ...
Janes 360. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:35:07 Z.
- Lawyer indicted in Durham probe resigns from Washington law firm
The Democratic Party-allied lawyer charged with lying to advance the FBI's Trump-Russia collusion probe has resigned from his law firm, the firm said Friday. ...
Jeff Mordock. Washington Times. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 11:30:00 -0400.
- Russian election: Google and Apple remove Navalny app as Russia goes to the polls
The Kremlin secured a major concession from Apple and Google on Friday as the tech giants blocked tactical voting tools promoted by jailed opposition leader Alexei Navalny
Oliver Carroll. The Independent. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 12:31:48 GMT.
- Google takes down anti-government app in Russia amid claims tech giant's staff were threatened
Google deleted a Russian tactical voting app from its online store after staff were threatened, Sky News understands.
Sky News. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 12:29:00 +0100.
- Russians Start Voting in Parliamentary Polls After Historic Crackdown
Russians in the Far East began voting in a three-day parliamentary election in which vocal Kremlin critics have been barred from running following a historic crackdown on the opposition. ...
Voice of America. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 21:01:50 -0400.
- Trump-Era Special Counsel Secures Indictment of Lawyer for Firm With Democratic Ties
The defendant, Michael Sussmann, is accused of lying to the F.B.I. in a meeting about Trump and Russia. He denies wrongdoing.
Charlie Savage and Adam Goldman. New York Times. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 00:03:13 +0000.
- Clinton-linked lawyer charged for lying in Trump-Russia origins probe
He is accused of hiding ties to the Clinton campaign when submitting a tip about Donald Trump.
BBC News. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 22:52:09 GMT.
- Baby killer whale rescued in Russia's Far East
A baby killer whale that had been stranded in Russia's Far East, was rescued, footage from Russian State TV RU-RTR showed. ...
AfricaNews. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 21:27:11 +0000.
- Clinton campaign lawyer Michael Sussmann indicted for allegedly lying to FBI during Russia investigation
A federal grand jury returned the indictment sought by sought by Special Counsel John Durham
Michael Lee. Fox News. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 21:15:54 GMT.
- Rigged Russian vote unexpected to change anything
After a few weeks of desultory campaigning but months of relentless official moves to shut down significant opposition, Russia is holding three days of voting this weekend in a parliamentary election that is unlikely to change ...
New Zealand Herald. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 18:38:05 +1200.
- China responsible for two thirds of state-sponsored cyber attacks
Foreign governments like China and Russia are increasingly blending their cyber capabilities with criminal networks to hide their identity.
Anthony Galloway. Sydney Morning Herald. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 05:00:00 +1000.
- Repression, Voter Apathy Mark Russia Election Campaign
Russia is preparing for parliamentary and local elections Sunday in what the opposition says is an atmosphere of repression in which a number of candidates not aligned with the ruling party have been excluded. ....
Voice of America. Wed, 15 Sep 2021 14:00:00 -0400.
- France warns Mali against Russian Wagner mercenary deal
Deal could push relations between France and Mali to breaking point, and underscore growing Russia influence in region.
Al Jazeera. Tue, 14 Sep 2021 18:25:45 +0000.
- Russia's Vladimir Putin is in self-isolation due to COVID cases in his inner circle
Putin is fully vaccinated with Russia's Sputnik V.
Ap. ABC News. Tue, 14 Sep 2021 14:40:18 +0000.
- Quietly, Russia Beating The Market. Now Wall Street Eyes New IPOs
Russia is beating the Nasdaq. Clobbering China. Here are nine Russian IPOs to watch for.
By Kenneth Rapoza, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 12 Sep 2021 17:00:19 -0400.
The Russian Federation is a republic which occupies much of eastern
Europe and northern Asia. Russia is governed by a President, a
Premier, and a bicameral Federal Assembly. Its capital city is
Moscow, and its national currency is the Rouble. Russian is the
primary language used by Russians, and in 2020, Russia's estimated
population was 145,934,462.
For detailed maps of Russia, visit this
Russia map website.