< a href="https://www.news-articles.org/maps/russia-1232.jpg" target="_blank">
- Kinross (KGC) Completes Acquisition of Chulbatkan for $283M
Kinross (KGC) expects the acquisition to build on its operational and development experience as well as successful 25-year track record in Russia.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 14:06:00 GMT.
- Syria ceasefire has failed as civilians killed daily: UN
Some 350,000 Syrians have fled a renewed Russian-backed offensive in opposition-held Idlib province since December.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 13:59:54 GMT.
- Critics demand to know how Russia's new Prime Minister and his wife earned their fortune
The first image of Vladlena Mishustina, wife of Russia's new prime minister Mikhail Mishustin, emerged on Friday as questions were raised about how they obtained their wealth.
Daily Mail. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 13:34:59 GMT.
- Ukraine Asks FBI to Help Probe Suspected Russian Hack of Burisma
Burisma was at the center of attempts by Trump in July to persuade Ukraine to announce an investigation into Joe Biden.
Voice of America. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 03:51:56 -0500.
- Putin puts unknown into power as his grip tightens
Russia's ruling party has unanimously backed President Vladimir Putin's surprise choice for prime minister, Mikhail Mishustin - a man with nearly no political profile.
Irish Independent. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 02:30:00 +0000.
- NY Times: James Comey Focus of FBI Leak Investigation
A leak of classified information about a Russian government document is being investigated by federal prosecutors, focusing on whether ex-FBI Director James Comey played a part, according to The New York Times.
Newsmax. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 21:33:04 EDT.
- James Comey under investigation in classified data leak: Report
Federal prosecutors are reportedly looking into whether former FBI Director James B. Comey illegally leaked classified details about a Russian-intelligence document. ...
Victor Morton. Washington Times. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 18:29:36 -0500.
- FBI Vows To Warn More Election Officials If Discovering A Cyberattack
The bureau was faulted after the Russian attack on the 2016 election for keeping too much information from state and local authorities. It says it'll use a new policy going forward.
Miles Parks. NPR. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 16:34:00 -0500.
- Putin's plans: What Russian president's surprise means
New PM, new government and plans to change the constitution - the BBC's Sarah Rainsford explains what's going on in Russia.
BBC News. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 20:43:35 GMT.
- What do Putin's plans mean for Russia?
President Putin's major reform of the constitution looks like the start of his "transition".
BBC News. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 20:23:34 GMT.
- Putin's political gambit suggests plan to rule Russia forever
Russia's risk-averse political system seems set for a big shake-up, with proposed constitutional changes that appear to ensure that Vladimir Putin will hold power indefinitely.
CBC News. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 09:40:33 EST.
- Next Russian PM a career bureaucrat with no political desire
MOSCOW (AP) - Mikhail Mishustin never had any political ambitions as a career bureaucrat and his name didn't came up as a top candidate to become Russia's next prime minister. ...
Daria Litvinova. Washington Times. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 06:07:21 -0500.
- Analyst: Putin Proposes Changes that Could Help Keep Him in Power After 2024
In a major speech Wednesday Russian President Vladimir Putin announces constitutional changes.
Voice of America. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 03:03:42 -0500.
- Twitter says it hasn't found evidence that bots fueled 'NeverWarren' hashtag - CNET
Some Twitter users speculated that Russian trolls were amplifying the US trending hashtag.
Queenie Wong. CNET. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 23:38:00 +0000.
- Russian government resigns as Putin proposes constitutional changes
Russia's cabinet has resigned after President Vladimir Putin suggested changing the country's constitution to grant parliament more authority in selecting governments.
ABC News. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 17:33:39 -0500.
- Entire Russian government resigns after Vladimir Putin speech
The unexpected announcement came shortly after Putin proposed a nationwide vote on sweeping changes that would shift power from the presidency to parliament.
Bevan Shields. Sydney Morning Herald. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 02:50:27 +1100.
- Russian Government Resigns As Putin Proposes Changes To The Constitution
Putin appears to be consolidating power with a big shakeup in government.
By Sergei Klebnikov, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 14:53:34 +0000.
- Reuters: Belarus starts maintenance on Druzhba pipeline
Belarus has started planned maintenance on the Druzhba oil pipeline, the main transit route for Russian oil exports to Europe, resulting in reduced oil supplies to Poland, a source familiar with the plan told Reuters. Read more here. ...
Helen Mukhina. Kyiv Post. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 09:58:13 +0000.
- PLM to boost collection development at Finn Flare
Russian casual wear brand Finn Flare has replaced its legacy Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) product with a new solution to enhance data management and analysis and help reduce development time for new collections.
Just Style. Tue, 14 Jan 2020 08:41:00 GMT.
- Russian hackers reportedly hit Ukrainian gas firm at heart of Trump impeachment - CNET
The attacks had the earmarks of the 2016 hack on the DNC.
Steven Musil. CNET. Tue, 14 Jan 2020 01:12:00 +0000.
The Russian Federation is a republic which occupies much of eastern
Europe and northern Asia. Russia is governed by a President, a
Premier, and a bicameral Federal Assembly. Its capital city is
Moscow, and its national currency is the Rouble. Russian is the
primary language used by Russians, and in 2007, Russia's estimated
population was 141,378,000.
For detailed maps of Russia, visit this
Russia map website.