- Latvian parliament declares Russia 'state sponsor of terrorism' and slams 'genocide' in Ukraine
MPs in the Latvian parliament have declared Russia a 'state sponsor of terrorism' and described its war in Ukraine as a 'targeted genocide against the Ukrainian people', a statement today reads
Daily Mail. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 11:58:52 +0100.
- Ukraine struggles to retake Kherson before Russia annexes it
Russia and Ukraine appear to have fought each other to a standstill, expending increasing energy on a publicity war.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 08:50:00 +0000.
- Damage at Air Base in Crimea Worse Than Russia Claimed, Satellite Images Show
Russian authorities had previously portrayed the blast as minor, but the satellite images show three major craters and at least eight destroyed warplanes. Local officials listed dozens of damaged buildings and declared a state of emergency.
The New York Times. New York Times. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 00:41:36 +0000.
- Two ships with Ukrainian agricultural products enter Turkish territorial waters
Ocean Lion at 21:57 Moscow time was near the entrance to the Bosphorus, Rahmi Yagci is heading towards the strait
Tass. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 00:14:29 +0300.
- Inside Russia's Saratov prison, where inmates claim to have been blackmailed with rape and abuse
Warning: Story contains descriptions of sexual abuse and may cause distress Former inmates at a prison in Russia have spoken out about abuse suffered in the nation's penal system, explaining how they were systematically raped, ...
New Zealand Herald. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 08:50:18 +1200.
- Zaporizhzhia: Russia must exit Ukraine nuclear plant, says G7
Moscow's occupation of the Zaporizhzhia site puts the entire region in danger, say foreign ministers.
BBC News. Wed, 10 Aug 2022 15:34:43 GMT.
- Russians buy last items from H&M and Ikea as stores prepare to exit country
Shoppers in Russia have been snapping up items for the final time from H&M and Ikea, which are about to leave the country following the invasion on Ukraine.
Sky News. Wed, 10 Aug 2022 14:07:00 +0100.
- Druzhba Oil Flows To Resume After Weeklong Suspension Blamed On Russia Sanctions
Russia's pipeline monopoly Transneft and Hungarian energy group MOL say oil flows are poised to resume through the Druzhba pipeline on August 10 after nearly a weeklong stoppage due to complications from sanctions.
Radio Liberty. Wed, 10 Aug 2022 12:22:37 +0000.
- Russian oil shipments to central Europe expected to resume
Oil shipments from Russia through a critical pipeline to several European countries should resume soon after a problem over payments for the transit was resolved, Slovakia's economy minister said on Wednesday.
Washington Times. Wed, 10 Aug 2022 06:41:37 -0400.
- After occupying Ukraine's territories, Russia takes over its cyberspace too
Restricting Internet access is part of a Russian authoritarian playbook that is likely to be replicated further.
Straits Times. Wed, 10 Aug 2022 10:12:40 +0800.
- Ex-inmates reveal details of Russia prison torture scandal
Former prisoners expose how and why rape is being used as a weapon inside Russian jails.
BBC News. Tue, 09 Aug 2022 23:20:37 GMT.
- Russian disinformation spreading in new ways despite bans
Shortly after Russia invaded Ukraine, big tech firms and the European Union moved to ban the country's main propaganda and disinformation channels
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Tue, 09 Aug 2022 05:01:53 GMT.
- U.S. may do '2-for-2' prisoner swap to get Griner, Whelan out of Russia: Ex-ambassador
Basketball star Brittney Griner and former Marine Paul Whelan should hopefully be released from Russia as part of a "two-for-two" prisoner swap, former U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Bill Richardson said Sunday.
Abc. ABC News. Sun, 07 Aug 2022 21:40:22 +0000.
- Biden says he's 'hopeful' about Brittney Griner's plight after Russian conviction
President Biden said he's "hopeful" for a positive result in the case of women's basketball player Brittney Griner, who was convicted of illegally smuggling drugs into Russia and received a nine-year prison sentence.
Jeff Mordock. Washington Times. Fri, 05 Aug 2022 13:55:00 -0400.
- Shaheds For Sukhois: Speculation Iran Will Swap Drones For Russian Su-35 Fighters
The latest speculation about the future of Russia-Iran defense relations is that Tehran might procure Russian Su-35 Flanker fighter jets in return for supplying Moscow with various types of its indigenously-produced drones.
By Paul Iddon, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 05 Aug 2022 08:04:07 -0400.
- Countries could face consequences if they trade in U.S sanctioned commodities- US Ambassador
"If a country decides to engage with Russia where there are sanctions then they are breaking those sanctions. They are breaking our sanctions and in some cases they are breaking UN sanctions with other countries. ...
AfricaNews. Fri, 05 Aug 2022 09:58:45 +0000.
- After Griner Gets Jail, Russia Ready to Discuss Swap With US
Russia and the United States said on Friday they were ready to discuss a prisoner swap, a day after a Russian court sentenced basketball star Brittney Griner to nine years in prison for a drugs offense. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 05 Aug 2022 05:08:47 -0400.
- Mercury, Sun show pregame 'solidarity' for Griner
The Phoenix Mercury and Connecticut Sun locked arms at halfcourt before Thursday's game to "collectively send strength" to Brittney Griner, whose trial in Russia concluded Thursday with a nine-year prison sentence.
ESPN. Thu, 4 Aug 2022 20:11:15 EST.
- Factors Likely to Decide Nu Skin's (NUS) Fate in Q2 Earnings
Nu Skin's (NUS) Q2 results are likely to reflect the impacts of COVID-led headwinds in Mainland China, the ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine, and the global economic downturn.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Wed, 03 Aug 2022 12:57:00 GMT.
- Tensions Rise Between Israel and Russia
Tensions between Jerusalem and Moscow are rising over a Russian attempt to close the Jewish Agency office in Moscow. ....
Voice of America. Tue, 02 Aug 2022 18:44:24 -0400.
Facts About Russia
The Russian Federation is a republic which occupies much of eastern
Europe and northern Asia. Russia is governed by a President, a
Premier, and a bicameral Federal Assembly. Its capital city is
Moscow, and its national currency is the Rouble. Russian is the
primary language used by Russians, and in 2020, Russia's estimated
population was 145,934,462.
For detailed maps of Russia, visit this
Russia map website.
Copyright © 2008-2022 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Russia