- Putin to U.S.: I'm ready for another Cuban Missile-style crisis if you want one
Russian President Vladimir Putin said Russia is militarily ready for a Cuban Missile-style crisis if the United States wanted one and threatened to place hypersonic nuclear missiles on ships or submarines near U.S. territorial waters.
Reuters. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 20:27:45 -0500.
- Here's a breakdown of indictments and cases in Mueller's probe
Special counsel Robert Mueller and his team of prosecutors have now indicted 34 individuals and three Russian businesses.
ABC News. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 18:51:47 -0500.
- White House braces for Mueller report
The White House is bracing for Robert Mueller's report, which the special counsel investigating President Trump's campaign and Russia could submit to the Department of Justice as early as next week.The filing ...
Brett Samuels. The Hill. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 23:37:48 +0000.
- Maduro thanks Putin for sending medicines to Venezuela
Earlier, Russia handed over to Venezuela a cargo with medicines and medical equipment in the framework of the World Health Organization
Tass. Fri, 22 Feb 2019 01:04:30 +0300.
- Judge tightens gag order on Roger Stone over threatening Instagram post
Judge Amy Berman Jackson has harsh words for Stone, who is charged in connection with the investigation into the Trump campaign's ties to Russia.
Yahoo. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 16:33:23 -0500.
- New Cuban Missile Crisis? Bring it on says Russia's Putin
Russian leader continues to issue warnings saying he doesn't want a missile crisis but ready to act if provoked by US.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 20:05:20 GMT.
- David Geovanis: Investigators chasing Moscow-based Trump ally over president's 1996 trip to Russia
Investigators want to know more about the president's dealings in Russia in the 1990s
Chris Riotta. The Independent. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 18:58:05 +0000.
- George Papadopoulos says new book will reveal what Trump knew about Russian collusion
George Papadopoulos revealed his new book Deep State Target will drop bombshell details about what Donald Trump knew about Russia interfering in the presidential election.
Daily Mail. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 18:55:27 GMT.
- Robert Mueller wrapping up two-year probe
US Justice Department officials are preparing for the end of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's nearly two-year investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and believe a confidential report could be issued in ...
New Zealand Herald. Fri, 22 Feb 2019 05:00:00 +1200.
- Putin says Russia would be 'OK' with another Cuban Missile Crisis-level confrontation with the US
Vladimir Putin told Russian media that the country doesn't want another Cuban Missile Crisis, but "welcomes" it if "someone wants that" amid rising nuclear tensions.
Anna Hopkins. Fox News. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 16:36:36 GMT.
- Russia charges US investor with fraud in high-profile case
Investor Michael Calvey is accused of embezzling $38m from a Russian bank - a charge he denies.
BBC News. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 16:08:07 GMT.
- Russia's Memorial Says Leader Of Anti-Landfill Protests Is Political Prisoner
Moscow-based Memorial Human Rights Center says the leader of anti-landfill protests in the city of Kolomna near the Russian capital is a political prisoner.
Radio Liberty. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 14:05:18 +0000.
- Aero India 2019: Russian Helicopters works towards local production of Ka-226T helicopter in India
Russian Helicopters has signed memoranda of understanding (MOUs) with five Indian private companies in a bid to localise production of the Kamov Ka-226T helicopter, it announced at Aero India 2019. ...
Caron Natasha Tauro, Bangalore. Janes 360. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 09:00:00 GMT.
- Threatening U.S., Putin Promises Russians Both Missiles and Butter
President Vladimir V. Putin, facing falling popularity, talked of huge social spending and updated weapons. He did not say how he would pay for it all.
Neil Macfarquhar. New York Times. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 08:57:09 GMT.
- The day Stockholm was bombed by the Soviet Union
Seventy-five years ago, Sweden's questionable wartime neutrality, a Russian spy, and three "missing" Soviet bombers led to devastation in Stockholm.
The Local. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 07:59:59 +0100.
- Putin Vows to Target US If Washington Deploys Missiles in Europe
Delivering his annual speech to Russian parliament Feb. ...
Voice of America. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 01:42:00 -0500.
- I'll aim new missiles at US cities, warns Putin
Vladimir Putin has said Russia will train its new nuclear weapons on America if the US deploys missiles to Europe following the demise of a major arms control treaty.
Irish Independent. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 02:30:00 +0000.
- Russia Moves To Mask Military Trail By Telling Troops To Put Down Smartphones
Russian lawmakers have passed a bill restricting social media and smartphone use by service members.
Amy Held. NPR. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 19:54:56 -0500.
- Report: Russia Building Drone to Monitor Arctic
An unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) that can stay in flight for four days and work in Arctic weather is in the works by Russia, according to Defense One.
Newsmax. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 19:05:55 EDT.
- US Justice Department preparing to receive Mueller report: CNN
US Department of Justice may announce as early as next week that the Special Counsel has given the attorney general his report on the federal Russia probe.
Sydney Morning Herald. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 06:11:12 +1100.
The Russian Federation is a republic which occupies much of eastern
Europe and northern Asia. Russia is governed by a President, a
Premier, and a bicameral Federal Assembly. Its capital city is
Moscow, and its national currency is the Rouble. Russian is the
primary language used by Russians, and in 2007, Russia's estimated
population was 141,378,000.
For detailed maps of Russia, visit this
Russia map website.