- Princess Mary and Queen Margrethe show off their close bond with a knowing glance amid royal drama
Princess Mary and her mother-in-law Queen Margrethe have showed off their close bond while opening the Danish parliament for the working year as the Danish royals squabble over their titles.
Daily Mail. Wed, 05 Oct 2022 01:28:28 +0100.
- Nord Stream operators: Authorities won't allow us to inspect damaged pipelines
Restrictions have been imposed by Danish and Swedish officials.
Straits Times. Wed, 05 Oct 2022 04:13:13 +0800.
- Nord Stream AG unable to survey gas pipeline due to lack of permits
According to information received from the Danish authorities, the processing time of the Nord Stream AG request for the survey may take more than 20 working days
Tass. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 21:03:25 +0300.
- Sweden to receive thermal cameras to bolster littoral surveillance
Silent Sentinel will provide its long-range thermal cameras to the Swedish Armed Forces.
Janes 360. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 12:05:17 Z.
- Small Leak Is Still Visible From Nord Stream 2 pipeline, Swedish Officials Say
Damage to the gas line was discovered last week under the Baltic Sea.
Melissa Eddy. New York Times. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 08:56:57 +0000.
- Danish Royal Family: Queen 'sorry' after stripping grandchildren's titles
But she did not reverse the decision to remove titles from four of her grandchildren.
BBC News. Mon, 03 Oct 2022 21:27:29 GMT.
- Nobel Prize goes to Svante Paabo for Neanderthal work
Sweden's Svante Paabo wins the prize for discoveries on humanity's extinct relatives.
BBC News. Mon, 03 Oct 2022 10:37:51 GMT.
- Denmark says Nord Stream 1 pipelines stop leaking
Authorities in Denmark say the Nord Stream 1 natural gas pipelines have stopped leaking
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Mon, 03 Oct 2022 07:37:25 GMT.
- Denmark says Nord Stream 1 pipelines have stopped leaking
Authorities in Denmark said yesterday that the Nord Stream 1 natural gas pipelines have stopped leaking, a day after officials said that the ruptured Nord Stream 2 pipelines also appeared to stop leaking.The Nord Stream AG ...
New Zealand Herald. Mon, 03 Oct 2022 09:58:29 +1200.
- Damaged Nord Stream 1 Pipeline Stabilized, Gas Leak Halted
Stable pressure has been achieved in the damaged Nord Stream 1 pipeline, authorities in Denmark say, indicating the outflow of natural gas from the last leaks has now halted.
Radio Liberty. Sun, 02 Oct 2022 16:03:36 +0000.
- Norwegian Cruise Line says NYC reached out to house migrants on cruise ship, final deal not yet made
Norwegian Cruise Line says it has been approached by New York City Mayor Eric Adams to house illegal immigrants but a final agreement has not been reached.
Andrew Miller Louis Casiano. Fox News. Sun, 02 Oct 2022 02:02:56 GMT.
- Danes: Nord Stream 2 pipeline seems to have stopped leaking
The Danish Energy Agency says one of two ruptured natural gas pipelines in the Baltic Sea appears to have stopped leaking natural gas. ...
Voice of America. Sat, 01 Oct 2022 21:29:53 -0400.
- Netflix's (NFLX) Own Studio to Expand Footprint in Mobile Games
Netflix (NFLX) is expanding its development prowess with the creation of its own studio in Helsinki, Finland.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Wed, 28 Sep 2022 17:07:00 GMT.
- US officials speak with Danish counterparts about 'apparent sabotage' of Nord Stream pipelines
Top officials in the Biden administration on Tuesday evening spoke with their counterparts in Denmark to discuss what they called the "apparent sabotage" of two natural gas pipelines that run from Russia to Germany. ...
Zach Schonfeld. The Hill. Wed, 28 Sep 2022 02:29:10 +0000.
- Denmark to allow 'significantly reduced' mink production
Denmark's government said Friday that a temporary ban on mink breeding will expire Jan. 1, allowing mink production to resume in the country but at a "significantly reduced" level than before the coronavirus pandemic.
Jan M. Olsen. Washington Times. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 06:10:15 -0400.
- Heart Aerospace To Build Electric Aircraft Campus In Gothenburg, Sweden
Commercial electric aviation took a step closer to reality this week with the announcement of a new industry campus in Gothenburg, Sweden.
By David Nikel, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 22 Sep 2022 13:39:08 -0400.
- Riksdag Speaker to begin talks to form Swedish government on Monday
The Speaker of the Riksdag will begin talks with the leaders of seven parties to form a new government.
The Local. Sat, 17 Sep 2022 10:13:47 +0200.
- WATCH: Dog howls his way across harbor
Angus, the seafaring Alaskan malamute, howls his way across a Norwegian harbor in a canine salute to passing boats.
ABC News. Thu, 15 Sep 2022 10:12:18 -0400.
- Swedish PM Andersson Concedes Election, Right Bloc Prepares for Power
Sweden's Social Democrat prime minister, Magdalena Andersson, accepted defeat on Wednesday after a close-fought election, handing the four-party right-wing opposition bloc victory and first go at forming a new government. ...
Voice of America. Wed, 14 Sep 2022 14:14:00 -0400.
- Norwegian Cruise Line Officially Welcomes Norwegian Prima
Newest Addition Makes History as First Major Cruise Ship Christened in Reykjavik, Iceland.
Travel Industry Wire. 2022-08-30 10:05:33 EST.
Facts About Scandinavia
The Scandinavian countries of northern Europe include Norway, Sweden,
and Denmark, as well as Finland and Iceland. For more news and
official information about the nations of Scandinavia, please visit
the national government websites highlighted below.
The Kingdom of Norway's
capital city is Oslo, and its currency is the Norwegian Krone.
Norwegian is the official language of Norway, and in 2020, the estimated
population of Norway was 5,421,241.
The Kingdom of Sweden's
capital city is Stockholm, and its currency is the Swedish Krona.
Swedish is the official language of Sweden, and in 2020, the estimated
population of Sweden was 10,099,265.
The Kingdom of Denmark's
capital city is Copenhagen, and its currency is the Danish Krone.
Danish is the official language of Denmark, and in 2020, the estimated
population of Denmark was 5,792,202.
The Republic of Finland's
capital city is Helsinki, and its currency is the Euro.
Finnish is the official language of Finland, and in 2020,
the estimated population of Finland was 5,540,720.
The Republic of Iceland's
capital city is Reykjavik, and its currency is the Krona.
Icelandic is the official language of Iceland, and in 2020,
the estimated population of Iceland was 341,243.
Copyright © 2008-2022 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Scandinavia