- Sajid Javid: 'Boris must do more to challenge racial inequality in Britain'
Former Chancellor Sajid Javid urged PM Boris Johnson to do more to address racial equality in Britain following the brutal killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis on May 25.
Daily Mail. Sun, 07 Jun 2020 03:09:58 +0100.
- Boris Johnson orders new lockdown easing for pubs and restaurants to save THREE MILLION jobs
The PM will unveil plans to ease restrictions on weddings and funerals from next month, as well as possible measures to reopen hairdressers before July 4.
Daily Mail. Sun, 07 Jun 2020 03:07:36 +0100.
- UK's Johnson eyes relaxation of COVID lockdown, extra spending
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is planning to relax rules on outdoor dining and weddings, as well as speeding up government investment plans in a bid to limit the economic damage from the coronavirus, newspapers reported on Saturday.
Reuters. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 18:07:34 -0400.
- Scotland-Northern Ireland bridge: No feasibility study commissioned
No feasibility study has yet been commissioned into the bridge idea, which was floated by Boris Johnson.
BBC News. Fri, 05 Jun 2020 10:06:32 GMT.
- PM urges countries to unite in quest to beat 'common enemy' of COVID-19
A global alliance on vaccines has raised £7bn - as Boris Johnson urged all nations to unite in the quest to defeat coronavirus.
Sky News. Thu, 04 Jun 2020 20:52:00 +0100.
- How Boris Johnson dropped his promise to reject America's chlorinated chicken
A timeline of events shows how the UK easily folded to American pressure, Jon Stone reports
Jon Stone. The Independent. Thu, 04 Jun 2020 17:53:00 GMT.
- Boris Johnson facing backlash after scrapping pledge to keep chlorinated chicken out of British supermarkets
Government accused of not standing up to Donald Trump's trade negotiators
Jon Stone. The Independent. Thu, 04 Jun 2020 16:00:00 GMT.
- Boris Johnson Pledges to Admit 3 Million From Hong Kong to U.K.
The promise, in reaction to a new security law China is trying to impose on the semiautonomous city, a former British colony, would sharply raise the stakes in a developing standoff.
Mark Landler. New York Times. Thu, 04 Jun 2020 08:16:25 +0000.
- British PM Johnson hosts global vaccine summit, calls for funding
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will host a global vaccine summit on Thursday, urging nations to pledge funding for vaccinations against infectious diseases to help the poorest countries tackle the coronavirus crisis.
Reuters. Wed, 03 Jun 2020 17:43:38 -0400.
- People urged not to gather with others indoors as weather worsens
Boris Johnson has urged people not to start gathering indoors as the weather worsens, warning it could undermine the progress made in the fight against the coronavirus.
Sky News. Wed, 03 Jun 2020 18:50:00 +0100.
- PM urges public not to gather inside as weather worsens
With rain forecast in the coming days, Boris Johnson has urged the public not to gather inside.
BBC News. Wed, 03 Jun 2020 17:38:11 GMT.
- Why Is Boris Johnson Defending Dominic Cummings?
The aide, Dominic Cummings, has the ideas and organizational skills that the British prime minister himself knows he lacks and badly needs.
Mark Landler and Stephen Castle. New York Times. Wed, 27 May 2020 19:51:17 +0000.
- UK lawmakers set to quiz Johnson amid pressure to fire aide
LONDON (AP) - Senior British lawmakers are set to question Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Wednesday amid growing pressure to fire his closest adviser for allegedly flouting COVID-19 lockdown rules. ...
Danica Kirka. Washington Times. Wed, 27 May 2020 06:38:41 -0400.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: UK PM Boris Johnson stands by aide over 400km lockdown trip
Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Sunday he wouldn't fire his chief aide for allegedly violating the national lockdown rules that he helped to create by driving the length of England to his parents' house while he was infected ...
New Zealand Herald. Mon, 25 May 2020 05:40:18 +1200.
- Boris Johnson resists calls to fire top aide who drove 250 miles to visit parents during lockdown
Johnson defended the actions of an aid who defied lockdown measures to visit the other end of the country.
Peter Aitken. Fox News. Sat, 23 May 2020 17:20:47 GMT.
- Boris Johnson accepts mounting frustration over lifting coronavirus restrictions
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Sunday accepted public frustration with the government's moves to lift some restrictions as the country seeks to reopen its economy amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. ...
Lauren Meier. Washington Times. Sun, 17 May 2020 10:32:27 -0400.
- UK PM Johnson's 'Go to Work' Advice Sparks Wide Confusion
In a televised statement Sunday, Prime Minister Boris Johnson extended most of the draconian restrictions on daily life imposed March 23 to slow the spread of the coronavirus, including closing schools, restaurants and most shops.
Voice of America. Mon, 11 May 2020 07:44:01 -0400.
- British PM Delays Lifting Coronavirus Restrictions
Boris Johnson will keep Britain under a lockdown until at least next month, to the frustration of some in his Cabinet.
Voice of America. Fri, 08 May 2020 14:46:51 -0400.
- UK passes 200,000 coronavirus cases and 30,000 deaths
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson last week announced that the country had passed the peak of the epidemic
Tass. Wed, 06 May 2020 21:55:33 +0300.
- UK PM Johnson back to work after coronavirus hospitalization
Earlier this month, the UK PM Boris Johnson spent three nights in intensive care with coronavirus. Now he's back to work, amid criticism of his policies.
ABC News. Mon, 27 Apr 2020 20:03:28 -0400.