- Tory MPs threaten restrictions rebellion as Johnson promises post-COVID jobs revolution
Boris Johnson is launching a skills revolution to tackle coronavirus job losses, while battling against a Tory backlash over further COVID-19 restrictions.
Sky News. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 23:35:00 +0100.
- Lib Dem leader Sir Ed Davey accuses Boris Johnson of 'ruling by diktat'
The new Liberal Democrat leader Sir Ed Davey has told Sky News his MPs are poised to vote against new COVID-19 laws, as he accused Boris Johnson of "ruling by diktat".
Sky News. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 18:32:00 +0100.
- Boris Johnson earmarks extra 400,000 hectare area for protected status
Boris Johnson will today warn that immediate action is needed to save wildlife and habitats which are disappearing at a 'frightening rate'.
Daily Mail. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 02:09:55 +0100.
- Boris Johnson faces warnings from Tory party donors over 'bleak' economy
Party donors have lined up to accuse Boris Johnson of damaging the economy with his handling of the coronavirus crisis.
Daily Mail. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 01:11:36 +0100.
- Boris Johnson promises to protect 30% of UK's land by 2030
Countries must act now to reverse biodiversity loss, Boris Johnson will tell a UN event later.
BBC News. Sun, 27 Sep 2020 23:01:02 GMT.
- Chaffeur-driven passengers exempt from mandatory face mask rule
Boris Johnson announced further restrictions for England on Tuesday in a bid to stop the spread of coronavirus, including expanded rules over when face coverings should be worn.
Zoe Tidman. The Independent. Wed, 23 Sep 2020 22:01:36 GMT.
- Coronavirus: Climate action cannot be another Covid victim - PM
Boris Johnson will urge leaders to "look ahead to how we will rebuild" after the global pandemic.
BBC News. Wed, 23 Sep 2020 21:46:31 GMT.
- UK PM Johnson calls on leaders to build back greener after coronavirus
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will call on other leaders on Thursday to "build back better" after the coronavirus crisis and commit to net zero emission targets. ...
Yahoo. Wed, 23 Sep 2020 17:33:36 -0400.
- A Somber Boris Johnson Offers Britain a New Plan to Halt the Virus
Fighting a second wave of infections that scientists warn could grow exponentially, the prime minister is imposing new restrictions and penalties for up to six months.
Mark Landler and Stephen Castle. New York Times. Wed, 23 Sep 2020 05:45:56 +0000.
- The Latest: British PM to announce new social restrictions
LONDON - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will announce new restrictions on social interaction Tuesday as the government tries to slow the spread of the coronavirus before it spirals out of control. ...
The Associated Press. Washington Times. Tue, 22 Sep 2020 03:02:21 -0400.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: British PM Boris Johnson may be forced into lockdown again
When Boris Johnson appeared before the House of Commons Liaison Committee at 3.30pm on Wednesday (UK time), he made his distaste for a second national lockdown abundantly clear.Such a measure would be economically "disastrous" ...
New Zealand Herald. Sun, 20 Sep 2020 07:53:54 +1200.
- Brexit drama in the UK as Boris Johnson pushes bill to override EU exit deal
More than four years since Brits voted to leave the European Union, the U.K. ...
Adam Shaw. Fox News. Wed, 16 Sep 2020 01:50:12 GMT.
- Brexit Talks Hit Crisis as Boris Johnson Rejects EU Ultimatum
Europe has demanded the quick withdrawal of draft Brexit legislation that breaks international law. Britain has refused.
Stephen Castle and Mark Landler. New York Times. Fri, 11 Sep 2020 14:22:54 +0000.
- Boris Johnson said Donald Trump was 'making American great again', leaked meeting notes reveal
Boris Johnson privately told US diplomats that Donald Trump was "making America great again", according to a cache of official notes taken during high-level UK-US meetings whose details have leaked to the Telegraph.The British ...
New Zealand Herald. Sun, 06 Sep 2020 09:49:56 +1200.
- British PM Clashes With Opposition in First Parliament Debate Since Recess
Debate between Boris Johnson, opposition leader Keir Starmer turns personal.
Voice of America. Wed, 02 Sep 2020 12:55:36 -0400.
- Time For Boris Johnson To Show He Can Shape The Future
Leaders should get better at understanding the possibilities and better at predicting future outcomes and shaping the future in the way they want to see, says a new book.
By Roger Trapp, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 31 Aug 2020 17:15:32 -0400.
- Boris Johnson and Tory party see popularity slump after exams chaos and local lockdowns
Keir Starmer and Labour now leading in favourability stakes, Ipsos Mori survey finds
Andrew Woodcock. The Independent. Thu, 27 Aug 2020 12:46:00 GMT.
- Boris Johnson says it is a 'moral duty' to reopen schools, warns of widening gap between students
The prime minister faces push back from the National Education Union.
Peter Aitken. Fox News. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 17:47:35 GMT.
- Boris Johnson: Keeping schools closed 'morally indefensible'
LONDON - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson says the government has a moral duty to ensure children return to school next month. Most pupils have been out of the classroom since the U.K. ...
Washington Times. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 05:53:23 -0400.
- UK must heed 'warning light' amid concerns over second coronavirus wave, says Boris Johnson
Boris Johnson has put the brakes on the easing of lockdown measures as the chief medical officer warned that the country may have reached the "limit" on resuming normal life. ...
Yahoo. Fri, 31 Jul 2020 15:53:57 -0400.