- Queen and the Pope lead world leaders in congratulating Biden
While the contents of Her Majesty's message to Joe Biden were kept private, Boris Johnson heralded the 'step forward' for America following a 'bumpy period' under the Trump administration.
Daily Mail. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 02:03:30 GMT.
- Boris Johnson blasts back at Theresa May after she hit out at his 'moral failure' in government
Writing in yesterday's Daily Mail, Theresa May suggested Boris Johnson has failed to honour British values by threatening to break international law in Brexit talks and tearing up the foreign aid target.
Daily Mail. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 23:33:35 +0000.
- Biden inauguration: Step forward after bumpy period - Boris Johnson
Congratulating Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, the PM said it was a "big moment" for the UK and US.
BBC News. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 20:56:20 GMT.
- PM accused of 'overruling' Priti Patel's call to shut UK's borders
Boris Johnson has been accused of "overruling" Home Secretary Priti Patel - after she claimed she argued for the shutting of the UK's borders at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sky News. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 11:56:00 +0000.
- Theresa May: PM's foreign aid cut damaged UK's moral leadership, says predecessor
The UK has not always "lived up to its values" under Boris Johnson, his predecessor Theresa May says.
BBC News. Tue, 19 Jan 2021 23:36:39 GMT.
- Boris Johnson 'does not have a nap' during the day, Downing Street says
Boris Johnson does not take naps during the day and claims that the prime minister likes an afternoon snooze are "untrue", Number 10 has said.
Sky News. Tue, 19 Jan 2021 13:26:00 +0000.
- Cornwall named as venue for G7 summit of world leaders including Joe Biden
Boris Johnson wants gathering to focus on climate-friendly recovery from coronavirus pandemic
Andrew Woodcock. The Independent. Sat, 16 Jan 2021 23:44:13 GMT.
- Did Boris Johnson do anything wrong by cycling in the Olympic Park on Sunday?
The prime minister seemed to be interpreting the lockdown rules flexibly by travelling seven miles from Downing Street for exercise, writes John Rentoul
John Rentoul. The Independent. Tue, 12 Jan 2021 23:34:40 GMT.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: UK records over 1200 deaths, Boris Johnson blames China for pandemic
The United Kingdom has recorded another 1243 Covid deaths today as Prime Minister Boris Johnson launched an extraordinary broadside at China for its role in the pandemic. British Home Secretary Priti Patel announced the grim ...
New Zealand Herald. Wed, 13 Jan 2021 06:55:17 +1200.
- Britain Launches Largest Ever Vaccination Program
The government hopes to have 15 million people inoculated by the middle of February in what Prime Minister Boris Johnson called 'a race against time'
Voice of America. Mon, 11 Jan 2021 14:03:14 -0500.
- 'Operation Bleach': Boris Johnson's secret plan to rewrite British history
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has secretly ordered civil servants to strip references to the European Union from tens of thousands of laws to stop the opposition Labour Party reversing Brexit after the next election in a ...
New Zealand Herald. Sun, 10 Jan 2021 11:01:21 +1200.
- UK Lockdown: Schools, Colleges to Close as Coronavirus Variant Rages
Prime Minister Boris Johnson closed schools and declared a national lockdown in England, following on the heels of Scotland.
Stephen Castle and Mark Landler. New York Times. Tue, 05 Jan 2021 03:38:29 +0000.
- British PM Johnson Visits Hospital During Oxford Vaccine Rollout
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson was on hand as the first Oxford University and AstraZeneca vaccines were given to British health workers at a London Hospital, Monday, January 4. (REUTERS)
Voice of America. Mon, 04 Jan 2021 14:43:35 -0500.
- UK prime minister's father seeks French citizenship: 'I will always be European'
As Britain prepares to split from the European Union, the father of Prime Minister Boris Johnson appears to be seeking closer ties with the bloc by applying for French citizenship.
Fox News. Thu, 31 Dec 2020 18:24:40 GMT.
- U.K. Mourns the End of Erasmus Program in Wake of Brexit
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has vowed to replace the E.U.-wide Erasmus program with a national version, but former participants and university officials say the decision is shortsighted.
Elian Peltier. New York Times. Wed, 30 Dec 2020 21:53:03 +0000.
- Extend Brexit Transition, Hospital Bosses Beg Boris Johnson As Covid-19 Cases Mount In The U.K.
Hospital bosses have asked British Prime Minister Boris Johnson to extend the Brexit transition period to protect patient safety.
By Katherine Hignett, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 23 Dec 2020 12:16:08 -0500.
- Boris Johnson Calls Emergency Meeting Over New Covid-19 Strain As Growing Number Of Countries Ban U.K. Travel
Many countries, including Canada, Russia, Italy, India and Hong Kong, have cut off travel ties with the U.K. in an attempt to contain a new rapidly-spreading Covid-19 variant.
By Robert Hart, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Mon, 21 Dec 2020 07:41:49 -0500.
- UK to hold emergency meeting amid new coronavirus strain as more countries close borders to Britain
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is to chair a meeting of the government's emergency committee later Monday after France closed its borders to arrivals from the U.K. ...
Fox News. Mon, 21 Dec 2020 11:49:08 GMT.
- European Commission president, U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson to meet Wednesday evening to discus
BRUSSELS (AP) - European Commission president, U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson to meet Wednesday evening to discuss post-Brexit deal.
Washington Times. Tue, 08 Dec 2020 13:05:01 -0500.
- Britain's Boris Johnson in self-isolation; has no virus symptoms
In April, Johnson was hospitalized in intensive care for three nights after contracting COVID-19.
Ap. ABC News. Mon, 16 Nov 2020 00:17:02 +0000.