- Boris Johnson risks 'robbing' a generation of young people of their future as students await A-level results
Sir Keir Starmer's comments follow chaos in Scotland where predicted grades are to be reinstated after thousands of pupils were downgraded by a statistical model
Ashley Cowburn. The Independent. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 23:31:05 GMT.
- Boris Johnson warns 'long, long way to go' for UK economy
The number of people employed between April and June fell by the most since the financial crisis.
BBC News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 15:53:51 GMT.
- Boris Johnson considers law change amid rising migrant crossings
Immigration minister holds talks in Paris with French authorities to make Channel route "unviable".
BBC News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 11:35:00 GMT.
- Downing Street denies Boris Johnson plans to set police targets to boost number of rape prosecutions
It follows reports that the Prime Minister's crime and justice taskforce was considering goals for police to refer more cases to the Crown Prosecution Service to prosecute and bring more cases to trial.
Daily Mail. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 01:22:55 +0100.
- A&E 'safe', says PM, after fears led to '16,000' non-COVID deaths
Boris Johnson is attempting to persuade people it is safe to visit A&E, after it was revealed patients' reluctance to attend because of coronavirus may have caused 16,000 more deaths.
Sky News. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 21:20:00 +0100.
- Met Police is urged to release bodycam video from Dawn Butler car stop so PUBLIC can decide
Prime Minister Boris Johnson today said Scotland Yard should act with 'fairness and equality' after it apologised to Dawn Butler for 'racially profiled' vehicle stop in Hackney over the weekend
Daily Mail. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 20:19:54 +0100.
- Coronavirus: Boris Johnson insists schools are safe hours after children's commissioner calls for more testing
Prime minister praised efforts to make schools safe.
Ashley Cowburn, Kate Devlin. The Independent. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 10:14:00 GMT.
- Boris Johnson says it is a 'moral duty' to reopen schools, warns of widening gap between students
The prime minister faces push back from the National Education Union.
Peter Aitken. Fox News. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 17:47:35 GMT.
- Boris Johnson: Keeping schools closed 'morally indefensible'
LONDON - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson says the government has a moral duty to ensure children return to school next month. Most pupils have been out of the classroom since the U.K. ...
Washington Times. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 05:53:23 -0400.
- Shops could close to keep schools open as PM insists all pupils must get back in class
Boris Johnson says it is a "national priority" and a "moral duty" to get all pupils back in class next month, raising the prospect of closing shops, pubs and restaurants in local lockdowns to allow schools to stay open.
Sky News. Sat, 08 Aug 2020 22:02:00 +0100.
- Brexit Behind Him, Boris Johnson Tries to Stop Scotland From Leaving U.K.
Scottish polling shows a majority favor independence. The prime minister is concerned.
Mark Landler. New York Times. Fri, 07 Aug 2020 20:28:52 +0000.
- Conservative U.K. Lawmaker Is Arrested Over Rape Accusations
The arrest of the lawmaker, who has not been publicly identified, poses problems for the government of Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
Benjamin Mueller. New York Times. Sun, 02 Aug 2020 17:38:51 +0000.
- UK must heed 'warning light' amid concerns over second coronavirus wave, says Boris Johnson
Boris Johnson has put the brakes on the easing of lockdown measures as the chief medical officer warned that the country may have reached the "limit" on resuming normal life. ...
Yahoo. Fri, 31 Jul 2020 15:53:57 -0400.
- PM Boris Johnson announces halt to easing lockdown in England: report
The restrictions will remain in place for another two weeks before the government plans to reassess its position.
Peter Aitken. Fox News. Fri, 31 Jul 2020 15:01:11 GMT.
- Covid-19 coronavirus: 'Second wave' may be part of one giant wave
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson warned yesterday that there were signs of a "second wave" of coronavirus infections emerging in Europe.That triggered concerns that there may be a return to the dark days of March and April ...
New Zealand Herald. Thu, 30 Jul 2020 12:12:00 +1200.
- Boris Johnson says Europe is being hit by a 2nd coronavirus wave as countries bring back restrictions
The number of daily coronavirus cases has ticked up again in countries including Spain, Belgium, and France.
Yahoo. Tue, 28 Jul 2020 07:23:46 -0400.
- 'So last year': World leader's dig at Boris Johnson over Jacinda Ardern-inspired video
We all know Jacinda Ardern is a trendsetter around the world.And now she's been caught up in a friendly international tussle after Scottish Prime Minister Nicola Sturgeon called out UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson over a ...
New Zealand Herald. Tue, 28 Jul 2020 08:06:48 +1200.
- Fight Coronavirus By Bicycling To Work, Boris Johnson To Tell Brits
U. K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson is to tell overweight Britons they need to increase their exertion levels to better fights against COVID-19.
By Carlton Reid, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 25 Jul 2020 18:48:21 -0400.
- US, Britain Increasingly See Eye-to-Eye on China
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo met with British Prime Minister Boris Johnson for talks that covered China, security concerns and other issues.
Voice of America. Tue, 21 Jul 2020 11:10:23 -0400.
- The Latest: British PM moves to ease virus restrictions
LONDON - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced the next tentative steps to reopen society, allowing live indoor performances, the reopening of leisure centers and bowling alleys starting on Aug. 1. ...
The Associated Press. Washington Times. Fri, 17 Jul 2020 02:23:21 -0400.