- What Californias Should Know about Omicron
California officials are watching for evidence of the new coronavirus variant and increasing testing at airports.
Soumya Karlamangla. New York Times. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 02:16:48 +0000.
- Czech President Appoints Prime Minister From Inside a Cube
President Milos Zeman tested positive for the coronavirus on Thursday and went into isolation, delaying the ceremony for three days.
Daniel Victor. New York Times. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 00:23:21 +0000.
- Covid 19 Omicron outbreak: Why new variant might be a good thing
Experts have said the emergence of Omicron could be a good thing for public health.The possibly more infectious but less virulent variant of coronavirus has researchers daring to hope it is the strain that drops the severity ...
New Zealand Herald. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 10:56:05 +1200.
- WHO says new coronavirus variant poses 'very high' risk of global infection surges
The world struggled to come to terms with a new turn in the pandemic, with the World Health Organization warning Omicron poses a risk of new outbreaks.
Laura King. Los Angeles Times. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 21:10:37 GMT.
- LAPD investigating anti-Jewish flyers in Beverly Hills on the first night of Hanukkah
An anti-Semitic flyer attributing the coronavirus pandemic to prominent Jewish people was left on the doorsteps of unsuspecting Beverly Hills residents on Sunday, the first night of Hanukkah.
Daily Mail. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 20:01:43 GMT.
- How many cases in your area?
Explore the data on coronavirus in the UK and find out how many cases there are in your area.
BBC News. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 19:24:19 GMT.
- 5 Tech/Internet ETFs to Buy on Cyber Monday
Tech ETFs appear to be a safe bet currently due to the double tailwind of Cyber Monday and the fear of Omicron strain of coronavirus.
Sanghamitra Saha. Zacks. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 19:13:00 GMT.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: Joe Biden pushes shots, not more restrictions as Omicron spreads
US President Joe Biden called the new coronavirus variant Omicron a cause for concern but "not a cause for panic" today and said he was not considering any widespread U.S. lockdown. He urged Americans anew to get fully ...
New Zealand Herald. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 07:01:49 +1200.
- Omicron Fears Fuel Rally in Vaccine Stocks: Will It Continue?
Another variant of the coronavirus, Omicron, is up on the WHO-identified list. Several mutations of this variant spark fears of high resistance to the COVID-19 vaccines.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 19:00:00 GMT.
- OPEC+ postpones monitoring meeting to assess effect of new coronavirus strain on oil
At the same time, the OPEC+ ministerial meeting will be held on December 1 as planned
Tass. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 21:54:58 +0300.
- Nicola Sturgeon calls for eight-day isolation for ALL travellers
Tory MPs today demanded a guarantee from Boris Johnson that he will 'never, ever go back to locking this country down' amid rising alarm at the spread of the Omicron coronavirus variant.
Daily Mail. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 17:51:05 +0000.
- Decisions on anti-Omicron-strain restrictions depend on government center - Kremlin
On November 26, the WHO marked the coronavirus strain B.1.1.529, discovered in southern Africa, with the Greek letter omicron
Tass. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 20:49:20 +0300.
- COVID-19 public inquiry should examine 'mishandling' by NHS 111 service during first wave of pandemic
Families who have lost loved ones to coronavirus believed the public inquiry into pandemic should examine the alleged "mishandling" of the crisis by the NHS 111 service.
Sky News. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 16:50:00 +0000.
- How big a threat is the Omicron variant of coronavirus? Here's what we know
The recent discovery of the Omicron variant of the coronavirus has upended the outlook for a pandemic that was expected to get worse over the winter.
Rong-gong Lin Ii, Luke Money. Los Angeles Times. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 16:09:19 GMT.
- Covid in Scotland: Where are the latest cases?
A daily update on the number and location of coronavirus cases in Scotland.
BBC News. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 15:35:32 GMT.
- The Latest: Local transmission of virus variant in Scotland
Scotland's first minister there is evidence of local transmission of the new omicron variant of the coronavirus after the country reported its first six cases
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 11:43:25 GMT.
- South Africa disappointed at the EU over travel ban
South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has expressed disappointment at the European Union over what he describes as unjustified travel bans linked to the discovery of the new highly-mutated coronavirus variant, Omicron.
AfricaNews. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 10:57:12 +0000.
- Stock markets stage recovery despite ominous Omicron implications for global COVID fightback
Stock markets have recovered some losses despite lingering fears the Omicron variant will knock the global economic recovery from coronavirus pandemic damage.
Sky News. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 06:37:00 +0000.
- Two cases of Omicron variant detected in Canada, govt says
Two cases of the Omicron variant of the coronavirus, first detected in Southern Africa last week, have been confirmed in Canada, provincial health officials said on Sunday.
Fox News. Sun, 28 Nov 2021 23:27:52 GMT.
- VOA Asia - Protests and unrest in Solomon Islands
Solomon Islands discontent erupts. A new coronavirus variant. Creators of a unique COVID vaccine. Afghan refugees resettle. A slick tourist problem. Coping with challenging times. Jim Stevenson hosts VOA Asia.
Voice of America. Sun, 28 Nov 2021 17:05:00 -0500.