- Coronavirus Live Updates: Worldwide Cases Reach 20 Million
Clusters at schools and their sports teams are emerging. Russia approved a vaccine that has yet to complete clinical trials, and its announcement raises fears that the country is rushing for political purposes.
New York Times. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 02:27:51 +0000.
- Coronavirus updates: CDC issues school guidance on 'mask bullying'
A pandemic of the novel coronavirus has now killed more than 738,000 people worldwide.
ABC News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 22:10:49 -0400.
- Coronavirus US: Big Ten postpones fall 2020 sports season
The Big Ten and Pac-12 have become the first 'Power Five' football conferences to cancel the upcoming fall season. The moves come after Donald Trump urged schools to play amid the pandemic.
Daily Mail. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 01:40:42 GMT.
- Head of Russian fund backing Sputnik coronavirus vaccine is fully confident it will work
The head of the Russian fund which has declared full confidence in a coronavirus vaccine that President Vladimir Putin is so confident about he has injected one of his daughters with it.
Amy Kellogg. Fox News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 01:28:37 GMT.
- Tate Modern lights up in call for ministers to save one million creative industry jobs
The Tate Modern illuminated red tonight in an effort to warn the government of the one million creative industry jobs which are now in jeopardy due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Daily Mail. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 02:22:47 +0100.
- Coronavirus: France's champagne industry goes flat amid pandemic
The coronavirus pandemic has led to plummeting demand - leaving growers and producers at loggerheads.
BBC News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 01:02:48 GMT.
- Azar defends Taiwan trip, says China should worry about 'getting more transparent, more open' on coronavirus
Chinese officials should be more concerned with transparency and cooperation with the international community than with a U.S. ...
Charles Creitz. Fox News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 00:58:24 GMT.
- Top US college sports leagues halt autumn season
The Big Ten and Pac-12 conferences say the decision was taken because of coronavirus fears.
BBC News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 23:34:25 GMT.
- Face masks advert banned over misleading claims about protection
An advert which "implied" a range of face masks could protect the wearer from coronavirus has been banned for being misleading.
Sky News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 00:27:00 +0100.
- Should You Invest in COVID Themed ETFs?
We highlight three new ETFs that seek to capitalize on coronavirus
Neena Mishra. Zacks. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 23:21:00 GMT.
- Russia Approves Coronavirus Vaccine Before Completing Tests
The country became the first in the world to approve a possible vaccine against the virus, despite warnings from the global authorities against cutting corners.
Andrew E. Kramer. New York Times. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 22:43:41 +0000.
- U.S. To Buy 100 Million Doses Of Moderna Coronavirus Vaccine
The federal government has inked similar deals with other vaccine makers.
By Rachel Sandler, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 18:29:03 -0400.
- Covid-19 coronavirus: World passes grim new milestone with 20 million cases
Global coronavirus cases have passed a grim new milestone, with more than 20 million infections since the pandemic first began.The most worrying part is not the numbers themselves, but the speed at which those numbers are ...
New Zealand Herald. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 07:46:04 +1200.
- Russia Approves Sputnik-V, the World's First Coronavirus Vaccine
But without completing the final phase of testing, the Russians are rushin' it.
Yahoo. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 15:27:00 -0400.
- Trump claims college football players wouldn't die of coronavirus as Big Ten postpones season
College officials are worried about the long-term effects of the virus, ESPN reported
John T Bennett. The Independent. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 18:48:00 GMT.
- How coronavirus bailout money flowed to sprawling companies
The PPP has benefited some corporations with more than one subsidiary. ...
Yahoo. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 14:38:37 -0400.
- UK records highest number of coronavirus cases for nearly two months
The UK has recorded the highest number of daily coronavirus cases in nearly two months.
Sky News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 19:18:00 +0100.
- Polls: Voter concern over climate change sinking as coronavirus steals thunder
Even as Democrats place climate change at the forefront of their election strategy, polls show the novel coronavirus pandemic is taking the wind out of the climate issue's sails. ...
Valerie Richardson. Washington Times. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 13:50:29 -0400.
- Israel scrutinizes Russian coronavirus vaccine
According to official information, Russia received preliminary applications to purchase more than one billion doses of its breakthrough vaccine from 20 countries
Tass. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 20:36:49 +0300.
- Jordan eyes Russian coronavirus vaccine
The health minister underlined that the vaccine created in Russia was not initially up for sale commercially unlike in the case of many international companies that offered vaccines for pre-order
Tass. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 19:41:13 +0300.