- Leaders to Gather at UN Against COVID-19 Backdrop
New York next week will see one of its first large gatherings since the coronavirus pandemic, when more than a hundred world leaders are expected to return to the United Nations for their annual meetings. VOA U.N. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 20:00:00 -0400.
- Coronavirus Briefing: What Happened Today
The F.D.A. rules on boosters
Amelia Nierenberg and Jonathan Wolfe. New York Times. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 23:50:21 +0000.
- Memorial Along National Mall Honors Pandemic Victims
Hundreds of thousands of white flags honor the more than 670,000 people in the United States who have died from the coronavirus.
Chris Cameron. New York Times. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 22:10:04 +0000.
- ETF Areas to Gain From the Upcoming Holiday Shopping Season
Here we highlight some ETF areas that are well-positioned to gain from a busy shopping season this year despite the coronavirus crisis.
Sweta Jaiswal, Frm. Zacks. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 19:40:00 GMT.
- IOC urges Olympic teams to ask for more vaccines
Olympic teams were urged Friday to contact the IOC about getting more vaccines ahead of the 2022 Beijing Winter Games, which will be held in the country where the coronavirus outbreak started.
Fox News. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 19:08:50 GMT.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: September 17, 2021
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: September 17, 2021
Fda. Food and Drug Administration. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 15:05:22 EDT.
- A THIRD of adult coronavirus patients may suffer from long Covid, CDC report suggests
A new CDC report found that than one-third of patients, or 35%, in Long Beach, California, reported symptoms of COVID-19 at least two months after initially contracting the virus
Daily Mail. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 17:11:42 GMT.
- How many cases in your area?
Explore the data on coronavirus in the UK and find out how many cases there are in your area.
BBC News. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:22:33 GMT.
- Las Vegas Sands (LVS) Falls 42% in 6 Months: What's Hurting It?
Las Vegas Sands (LVS) hurt by news of tougher Macau casinos rules and coronavirus pandemic.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 15:22:00 GMT.
- Covid in Scotland: Where are the latest cases?
A daily update on the number and location of coronavirus cases in Scotland.
BBC News. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 14:44:36 GMT.
- Russia administers COVID-19 vaccine doses to 38% of population
Deputy Director for Clinical and Analytical Work at the Central Scientific Research Institute of Epidemiology Vladimir Chulanov noted that the number of new coronavirus infections seemed to be on the decline
Tass. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 15:41:47 +0300.
- Covid 19 Delta outbreak: Cambodia vaccinating 6-to-11-year-olds before schools reopen
Cambodia began vaccinating 6-to-11-year-olds so students can safely return to schools that have been closed for months due to the coronavirus.Prime Minister Hun Sen inaugurated the campaign to vaccinate the children, speaking ...
New Zealand Herald. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 20:21:32 +1200.
- California at risk of losing out on hundreds of millions in federal rental assistance, auditor warns
The California state auditor is warning that residents could potentially lose hundreds of millions of dollars in federal rental assistance granted amid the coronavirus pandemic due to state officials' delayed ...
Celine Castronuovo. The Hill. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 02:06:51 +0000.
- NHL expects 98% of players to be vaccinated before season
Jacob Trouba was the first NHL player who allowed himself to be publicly photographed getting jabbed with a dose of coronavirus vaccine, and his wife did rotations in the emergency room in Florida with the pandemic raging.
Fox News. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 23:52:06 GMT.
- Declining child coronavirus cases indicate generally safe school reopenings in L.A. County
The low rates will allow school district to adopt relaxed quarantine policies so students can stay in class.
Melissa Gomez, Rong-gong Lin Ii, Luke Money. Los Angeles Times. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 23:23:47 GMT.
- Judge orders Biden administration to stop expelling migrant families using Title 42
Judge Emmett Sullivan has ordered the Biden administration to stop using Title 42, a coronavirus public health order, to expel migrants with children from the country.
Daily Mail. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 22:25:21 GMT.
- VOA Asia - Taliban find some support
Taliban support. Bolstering Asia regional security. India farmers persist. The business of coronavirus and organic food. A rare election. Keeping people in their homes. Jim Stevenson hosts VOA Asia.
Voice of America. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 18:05:00 -0400.
- GOP prosecutors threaten lawsuits over vaccine requirement
Two dozen Republican attorneys general are warning the White House of impending legal action if a proposed coronavirus vaccine requirement for as many as 100 million Americans goes into effect
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 19:59:54 GMT.
- L.A. County sees big drops in coronavirus cases, hospitalizations
About a month ago, L.A. County was averaging more than 3,400 new coronavirus infections a day. As of Tuesday, it was averaging fewer than 1,800 a day.
Rong-gong Lin Ii. Los Angeles Times. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 17:08:21 GMT.
- Iran Approves Use Of U.S-Made Johnson & Johnson Coronavirus Vaccine
Authorities in Tehran have approved use of the coronavirus vaccine produced by U.S. pharmaceutical giant Johnson & Johnson as Iran faces a fifth wave of COVID-19 infections.
Radio Liberty. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 16:58:25 +0000.