- Lebanon extends lockdown to Feb. 8 as virus numbers rise
BEIRUT (AP) - Authorities in Lebanon on Thursday extended a nationwide lockdown by a week to Feb. 8 amid a steep rise in coronavirus deaths and infections that has overwhelmed the health care system. ...
Washington Times. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 07:54:54 -0500.
- India gives 1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine to Nepal
KATHMANDU, Nepal (AP) - India sent 1 million doses of a coronavirus vaccine to Nepal on Thursday, a gift that is likely to help repair strained ties between the two neighbors. ...
Binaj Gurubacharya. Washington Times. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 05:20:24 -0500.
- Biden to Discuss Coronavirus Response Efforts
In inauguration address, new president called on Americans to unite in 'a winter of peril and significant possibilities'
Voice of America. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 03:34:27 -0500.
- Climate, Coronavirus, Border Wall Among Targets of Biden Orders
New US leader signs first-day orders targeting a number of Trump administration policies.
Voice of America. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 02:48:03 -0500.
- Joe Biden signs executive orders on COVID, climate, immigration in 1st act as president
Joe Biden is signing executive orders on a broad range of issues, from the coronavirus pandemic to climate change and immigration, to fulfill campaign promises.
Ap. ABC News. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 02:41:53 +0000.
- Father, 27, who went to A&E with chest pain but discharged himself over Covid fears died at home
David Warner, 27, from Guildford, was suffering with chest pains when he was admitted to a hospital in South East earlier this month and 'placed on a Covid ward' whilst waiting for coronavirus test results.
Daily Mail. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 02:19:13 +0000.
- Covid UK: Coronavirus cases 'DIDN'T fall during the first ten days of Lockdown 3.0'
Researchers from Imperial College London, who run the study with Government funding, said they hoped more positive signs of a decline in cases as lockdown effects set in over January.
Daily Mail. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 01:57:53 +0000.
- Ovechkin on COVID list, Caps fined $100K; Canes games off
Alex Ovechkin and three other Washington Capitals players were added to the NHL's COVID-19 list Wednesday and the team was fined $100,000 by the league for violating coronavirus protocols.
Fox News. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 01:02:12 GMT.
- A.S.L. Interpreter Who Gave Coronavirus Updates Dies of Covid-19 Complications
Patty Sakal worked as an interpreter in Hawaii for nearly 40 years before her death on Jan. 15.
Concepción De León. New York Times. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 00:42:31 +0000.
- Stars who've received the COVID-19 vaccine
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Queen Elizabeth II and more public figures have received the vaccination for coronavirus.
Nate Day. Fox News. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 00:39:50 GMT.
- Trump Financial Disclosure Reveals a Business Upended by the Coronavirus Pandemic
Revenues for the Trump Organization fell nearly 38 percent in 2020 as the coronavirus took a steep toll on the hospitality industry. Mar-a-Lago was a bright spot.
Ben Protess, Steve Eder and Michael H. Keller. New York Times. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 00:22:20 +0000.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: US states report vaccine shortages and cancel appointments
The push to inoculate Americans against the coronavirus is hitting a roadblock: A number of states are reporting they are running out of vaccine, and tens of thousands of people who managed to get appointments for a first dose ...
New Zealand Herald. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 09:54:52 +1200.
- Third Arkansas Lawmaker Tests Positive For Coronavirus Since Session Began
Another Arkansas lawmaker has tested positive for the coronavirus. That's the third member of the Legislature to be infected since lawmakers convened this year's session last week. Rep. ...
NPR. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 20:14:44 +0000.
- Van Morrison launching legal action against ban on live music
Sir Van Morrison is launching legal action against a ban on indoor gigs due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Sky News. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 16:16:00 +0000.
- Covid in Scotland: FM insists vaccine roll-out 'not lagging behind'
The first minister says the delivery of coronavirus vaccinations in Scotland is not slower than in other parts of the UK.
BBC News. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 14:47:43 GMT.
- Gritstone (GRTS) to Begin Coronavirus Vaccine Study, Stock Up
Gritstone (GRTS) will develop a second generation vaccine candidate against COVID-19 with the potential for both prolonged protection and potency against spike mutants of the virus. Stock rises.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 14:25:00 GMT.
- 1,820 more coronavirus deaths in UK - highest number reported on a single day
A further 1,820 people have died within 28 days of testing positive for COVID-19 - the highest number of UK deaths reported on a single day since the outbreak began.
Sky News. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 13:59:00 +0000.
- Cloud Business Set to Score Big on Coronavirus Fears: 4 Winners
Tech companies like Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL) and Cisco Systems (CSCO) have been benefiting as more companies are shifting data and information to cloud since the coronavirus outbreak.
Ritujay Ghosh. Zacks. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 13:03:00 GMT.
- South Africa's Health Minister Urges COVID-19 Caution Among Citizens
South Africa's Health Minister advises citizens to continue being vigilant in the fight against the coronavirus health crisis.
AfricaNews. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 11:37:36 +0000.
- Over 60,000 students involved in treatment of COVID patients in Russia
Efforts to provide medical treatment to coronavirus patients currently involve over 550,000 health workers, according to the minister
Tass. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 12:53:48 +0300.