- Updated Heroes Act: Stimulus Checks, Student Loan Relief, And Money For Education
The new $2.2 trillion coronavirus relief package includes much of what was in the original bill passed in May, though is notably about $1 trillion cheaper.
By Wesley Whistle, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 22:18:22 -0400.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: Worldwide death toll eclipses 1 million
The worldwide death toll from the coronavirus eclipsed 1 million today, nine months into a crisis that has devastated the global economy, tested world leaders' resolve, pitted science against politics and forced multitudes to ...
New Zealand Herald. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 14:02:45 +1200.
- Federal government to ship millions of coronavirus tests in push to reopen K-12 schools
The tests can be used as governors see fit, but the administration encourages states to place a priority on schools.
Ap. ABC News. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 01:44:57 +0000.
- Trump Announces Plan to Ship 150 Million Rapid Coronavirus Tests
Governors of both parties welcomed the plan, but some health experts noted limitations of the kits made by Abbott Laboratories.
Katherine J. Wu. New York Times. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 01:30:45 +0000.
- PAUL THOMAS on... students' coronavirus lockdown
'Could be worse, Fingers... we could be university freshers'
Daily Mail. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 02:15:48 +0100.
- On-the-spot coronavirus tests that give results in 15 to 30 minutes set to be rolled out
The rapid coronavirus tests, which will be read by a health worker, will look like a pregnancy test, with two blue lines displayed for positive.
Daily Mail. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 02:10:42 +0100.
- Airline industry applauds Democrats for including aid in coronavirus relief package
The airline industry applauded House Democrats for providing relief for the devastated sector in their $2.2 trillion coronavirus package unveiled on Monday, but stressed the urgent need for the bill to pass ...
Alex Gangitano. The Hill. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 01:04:17 +0000.
- Coronavirus update: World tops 1M deaths; Inovio delays late-stage trial as vaccine race quickens
The coronavirus pandemic neared a grim new milestone of 1 million deaths on Monday, as new diagnoses in the around the world continue to outpace a slowdown in the rate of fatalities.
Yahoo. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 20:59:04 -0400.
- Coronavirus deaths pass one million worldwide
Over the past 10 months, the virus has taken more lives than H.I.V., malaria, influenza and cholera. And as it sows destruction in daily life around the globe, it is still growing quickly.
Richard Pérez-peña. New York Times. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 00:52:04 +0000.
- WHO to roll out 120 million rapid COVID-19 tests to poorer countries
A plan to roll out 120 million rapid-diagnostic tests for coronavirus to help lower and middle-income countries make up ground in a testing gap with richer countries has been agreed.
Sky News. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 01:50:00 +0100.
- Coronavirus death toll hits 1M worldwide
The coronavirus was first deemed a global pandemic in March.
Alexandria Hein. Fox News. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 00:40:58 GMT.
- Worldwide death toll from coronavirus eclipses 1 million
The worldwide death toll from the coronavirus has eclipsed 1 million
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 00:39:46 GMT.
- Democrats unveil scaled-down $2.2T coronavirus relief package
House Democrats on Monday unveiled a scaled-back $2.2 trillion coronavirus relief package, a last-ditch effort to pressure White House negotiators to come back to the table and strike a bipartisan deal before the ...
Scott Wong. The Hill. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 23:33:16 +0000.
- Covid ICU survivor: 'I have come out the other end'
Tam McCue, 64, spent nearly two weeks on a ventilator after he was diagnosed with coronavirus in April.
BBC News. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 23:19:19 GMT.
- Dr Anthony Fauci accuses Trump adviser of misleading the president
Top US infectious diseases expert Anthony Fauci has said he was concerned that White House coronavirus task force member Scott Atlas was providing misleading or incorrect information on the pandemic to the president.
Sky News. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 23:53:00 +0100.
- Coronavirus Rates For Teens Are Nearly Double Rate For Children, CDC Finds
Researchers found the average weekly incidence of Covid-19 in adolescents to be roughly 37 cases per 100,000 children, about double the 19 cases per 100,000 children for kids between the ages of 5 and 11.
By Elana Lyn Gross, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 18:47:10 -0400.
- Biotech ETFs in Focus as the COVID-19 Vaccine Race Intensifies
Johnson & Johnson's entry into the late-stage trials has increased optimism in the coronavirus vaccine development.
Sweta Jaiswal, Frm. Zacks. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 21:10:00 GMT.
- Covid-19 coronavirus: India's confirmed tally reaches six million cases
India's confirmed coronavirus tally reached six million, keeping the country second to the United States in number of reported cases.The Health Ministry reported 82,170 new coronavirus cases in the past 24 hours, driving the ...
New Zealand Herald. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 08:26:26 +1200.
- Twenty-three more coronavirus patients die in Moscow in past day
To date, 1,159,573 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Russia
Tass. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 23:26:07 +0300.
- Coronavirus viral loads declining in US patients since start of pandemic, study finds
By week 5 of the study, 70% of patients with coronavirus were categorized as initial low viral load.
Alexandria Hein. Fox News. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 19:27:49 GMT.