- Casa Bonita restaurant in Colorado files for bankruptcy
DENVER (AP) - A well-known restaurant in Colorado that has been closed since the coronavirus pandemic took hold in March 2020 has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 12 Apr 2021 14:19:03 -0400.
- Asia Today: India overtakes Brazil as 2nd-worst hit country
NEW DELHI (AP) - India reported another record daily surge in coronavirus infections Monday to overtake Brazil as the second-worst hit country. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 12 Apr 2021 03:14:14 -0400.
- 'Maybe a vaccine is part of God's plan' Pete Buttigieg urges evangelicals to get COVID vaccine
Pete Buttigieg told Christians Sunday that getting vaccinated against coronavirus is 'part of God's plan' as a new poll shows 30% of white evangelicals will definitely refuse to get inoculated.
Daily Mail. Sun, 11 Apr 2021 17:35:46 GMT.
- Cairo hopes Russia resumes flights to Egyptian resorts in immediate future - minister
According to Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry, the Egyptian leadership takes every precautionary measure to prevent and mitigate the spread of coronavirus in resort cities
Tass. Sun, 11 Apr 2021 20:33:38 +0300.
- Illinois COVID-19 Update: IL reports 2,942 new coronavirus cases, 16 deaths
Illinois health officials announced 2,942 new cases of COVID-19 and 16 related deaths Sunday.
Wls. ABC News. Sun, 11 Apr 2021 17:33:13 +0000.
- Israel COVID-19 study finds South Africa variant able to 'break through' Pfizer vaccine
A new study from Israel indicates the South Africa variant of the coronavirus can "break through" the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine to some degree.
Peter Aitken. Fox News. Sun, 11 Apr 2021 16:18:04 GMT.
- How many cases in your area?
Explore the data on coronavirus in the UK and find out how many cases there are in your area.
BBC News. Sun, 11 Apr 2021 16:14:48 GMT.
- Covid in Scotland: Cases rise by 250 as recorded deaths fall to zero
No new deaths are registered as a further 250 cases of coronavirus are detected in Scotland.
BBC News. Sun, 11 Apr 2021 13:28:37 GMT.
- Italy fears the MAFIA have infiltrated nation's vaccine supply to divert jabs to friends
Italian authorities are investigating whether the mafia is redirecting some of the country's supply of coronavirus vaccine in the south as the prime minister lashed out at queue jumpers.
Daily Mail. Sun, 11 Apr 2021 11:59:56 +0100.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: China considering other vaccines after admitting its version has 'low protection rates'
In a rare admission of the weakness of Chinese coronavirus vaccines, the country's top disease control official says their effectiveness is low and the government is considering mixing them to give them a boost.Chinese ...
New Zealand Herald. Sun, 11 Apr 2021 18:12:25 +1200.
- Turkey has not introduced extra requirements to PCR tests
Reports appeared earlier in Russian mass media that Turkish authorities started requesting coronavirus test results in hardcopy only
Tass. Sun, 11 Apr 2021 01:22:03 +0300.
- Bill Maher blasts Oscar picks: Hollywood movies now are 'just depressing'
HBO's Bill Maher on Friday blasted this year's Oscar nominations, arguing that Hollywood movies are "depressing" and that he would have preferred "a little escapism" after a year plagued by the coronavirus ...
Celine Castronuovo. The Hill. Sat, 10 Apr 2021 16:55:46 +0000.
- Denver bar requires COVID-19 vaccine for dine-in customers, employees
Bar Max, a cocktail bar in Denver, announced it would only allow customers who have been fully vaccinated against the coronavirus to dine in. The bar also requires all staff to be vaccinated.
Ann Schmidt. Fox News. Sat, 10 Apr 2021 13:48:40 GMT.
- David Cameron 'told friends it was a mistake' to text chancellor to lobby him for his employer
David Cameron has reportedly told friends it was a mistake to send private text messages to Chancellor Rishi Sunak to help his employer gain access to a coronavirus loan scheme.
Sky News. Sat, 10 Apr 2021 10:58:00 +0100.
- India Covid-19 Crisis Deepened by Missteps and Complacency
The new wave will hurt global efforts and vaccine supplies, experts say. Researchers are scrambling to assess whether new coronavirus variants are playing a role in India.
Mujib Mashal and Hari Kumar. New York Times. Sat, 10 Apr 2021 08:20:02 +0000.
- 'Shocking imbalance': WHO chief hits out at lack of vaccine doses for poorer countries
There remains a "shocking imbalance" in the global distribution of coronavirus vaccines, the head of the World Health Organisation has said.
Sky News. Sat, 10 Apr 2021 08:57:00 +0100.
- Stalled at first jab, vaccine shortages hit poor countries
As many as 60 countries, including some of the world's poorest, might be stalled at the first shots of their coronavirus vaccinations because nearly all deliveries through the global programme intended to help them are blocked ...
New Zealand Herald. Sat, 10 Apr 2021 19:08:05 +1200.
- Illinois COVID-19 Update: IL reports 4,004 new coronavirus cases, 21 deaths, record-high vaccine doses
Illinois health officials announced 4,004 new cases of COVID-19 and 21 related deaths Friday. There was also a record number of vaccine doses administered.
Craig Wall. ABC News. Sat, 10 Apr 2021 02:16:42 +0000.
- Atlantic City casinos saw 80 percent profit drop in 2020
Casinos in Atlantic City, a gambling hot spot, saw an 80 percent drop in profits last year as the coronavirus pandemic ravaged the country, ...
Sarah Polus. The Hill. Fri, 09 Apr 2021 23:12:10 +0000.
- Growth ETFs to Gain From US Market Optimism in April
Strong fiscal stimulus support and improved coronavirus vaccine rollout are making a strong case in favor of faster U.S. economic recovery in 2021.
Sweta Jaiswal, Frm. Zacks. Fri, 09 Apr 2021 22:00:00 GMT.