- Delta Coronavirus Variant Appears in Sri Lanka
South Korea to mix vaccine inoculations.
Voice of America. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 07:02:14 -0400.
- MLB loosens COVID restrictions, drops masks for vaccinated
All fully vaccinated players and staff can stop wearing masks in dugouts, bullpens and clubhouses under the latest change to Major League Baseball's coronavirus protocols.
Fox News. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 23:04:37 GMT.
- Covid: All adults able to book coronavirus vaccination in England
People aged 18 and over will be invited to make an appointment for their first vaccination.
BBC News. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 23:02:30 GMT.
- The Gurkha veterans fighting for Covid care in Nepal
Ghurkas living in a remote part of Nepal say they're struggling to access life-saving treatment for coronavirus.
BBC News. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 23:00:07 GMT.
- Jay Inslee, Washington governor, recall petition dismissed by judge
OLYMPIA, Wash. — Washington state officials have said a petition that was filed last month to recall Democratic Gov. Jay Inslee over his handling of the coronavirus pandemic was dismissed this week. ...
Washington Times. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 18:35:09 -0400.
- Coronavirus Briefing: What Happened Today
Could the U.S. have saved lives?
Jonathan Wolfe. New York Times. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 21:58:24 +0000.
- Wales to delay further easing of lockdown restrictions for four weeks
Wales is delaying further easing of lockdown restrictions for four weeks after seeing a spike in cases of the Delta coronavirus variant, as the nation again faces a "serious public health situation".
Sky News. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 22:37:00 +0100.
- Hospitals running out of beds for coronavirus patients - Moscow mayor
Moscow authorities will have to repurpose hospitals to treat COVID-19 patients, Sergey Sobyanin said
Tass. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 00:01:48 +0300.
- Hit Hard by Pandemic, Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center to Merge
By joining forces, the two institutions hope to bounce back from the severe losses brought by the coronavirus.
Javier C. Hernández. New York Times. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 21:00:07 +0000.
- Coronavirus: Risk of Covid plummets three weeks after first vaccine dose
An Office for National Statistics report found that only 0.5 per cent of people in the UK tested positive for coronavirus in the six months after their first jab, along with 0.1 per cent after the second dose.
Daily Mail. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 21:35:41 +0100.
- Coronavirus outbreak at US Embassy in Kabul turns deadly, over 100 infected
A coronavirus outbreak at the U.S. Embassy in Afghanistan left at least one dead and over 100 infected, spurring a lockdown Thursday with few exceptions.
Kayla Rivas. Fox News. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 20:20:15 GMT.
- Variants And Vaccination Rate Cause For Concerns In Arkansas
In Arkansas, six variants of the coronavirus that cause Covid-19 have been identified as those labeled as "of concern" by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. ...
NPR. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 19:01:11 +0000.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: UK cases surge as Delta variant spreads
The UK's latest surge in coronavirus infections gathered pace Thursday with new confirmed cases rising above 10,000 for the first time in nearly four months as a result of the spread of the more contagious Delta ...
New Zealand Herald. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 06:24:16 +1200.
- Biden's former coronavirus adviser says Indian Delta variant is like 'Covid on steroids'
The mutant strain, known as B.1.617.2, now makes up 10% of all cases in the U.S., up from 6% last week and 2.7% in May and Slavitt warned that the variant is much more infectious.
Daily Mail. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 15:08:49 GMT.
- Experts have no doubt in natural origin of coronavirus, says Russian researcher
The changes in the novel coronavirus amount to 20% compared to the previous coronavirus, and it would be impossible to create such a virus artificially, Rinat Maksyutov explained
Tass. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 14:58:37 +0300.
- Ocugen (OCGN) Selects Coronavirus Vaccine Manufacturer in US
Ocugen (OCGN) selects Jubilant HollisterStier as its manufacturing partner for its COVID-19 vaccine candidate, Covaxin, in the United States and Canada.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 11:53:00 GMT.
- Halfords facing uphill slog for stock as cycling boom drives profits surge
Halfords says it is facing an "acute" shortage of cycling products amid a coronavirus pandemic-led sales boom that helped drive annual profits up 184%.
Sky News. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 08:08:00 +0100.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: NSW records positive cases as exposure site list grows
New South Wales' coronavirus battle is kicking off again, with the state recording another case after an aircrew driver and his wife tested positive.The new case, a woman aged in her 70s, attended a Bondi cafe at the same time ...
New Zealand Herald. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 12:19:56 +1200.
- South Africa announces stringent measures to contain virus spread
South African government announced stringent measures to curb the third wave of coronavirus. President Cyril Ramaphosa on Tuesday extended the curfew hours, prohibit the sale of alcohol among other measures to curb the spread of the virus.
AfricaNews. Wed, 16 Jun 2021 13:34:34 +0000.
- Kimberly-Clark's (KMB) K-C Professional Unit Soft, Costs High
Kimberly-Clark's (KMB) K-C Professional unit sales are declining year over year due to hurdles related to coronavirus. The company is also seeing escalated costs.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Wed, 16 Jun 2021 13:10:00 GMT.