- Venezuela dollarisation: Use of American dollars increasing
Turning to US dollar, Venezuelans move away from bolivar as economic crisis continues.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 11:02:19 GMT.
- Guatemala breaks off diplomatic relations with Venezuela
President Giammattei issues order two days after taking office as Caracas calls his administration as a 'bad joke'.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 03:05:54 GMT.
- Venezuela opposition convoy attacked outside parliament
Video footage showed supporters of President Maduro throwing missiles that broke a car window.
BBC News. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 17:50:50 GMT.
- US sanctions Venezuelan lawmakers ahead of day of protests
There are calls for the U.S. to do more in Venezuela, especially to stop Russia's support.
ABC News. Mon, 13 Jan 2020 19:57:43 -0500.
- Venezuela Crisis Deepens, US Stands with Guaido After He is Barred from National Assembly
The US is standing firmly with Venezuelan opposition leader Juan Guaido, as both he and a rival lawmaker, Luis Parra, claim to be the country's parliamentary speaker after two separate votes.
Voice of America. Tue, 07 Jan 2020 02:23:11 -0500.
- Reuters: Russia says election of new parliament leader in Venezuela was democratic
Russian Foreign Ministry said on Jan. 6 the election of a new parliament leader in Venezuela was a result of a democratic procedure. Read more here. ...
Anastasia Shepeleva. Kyiv Post. Mon, 06 Jan 2020 15:17:47 +0000.
- Venezuela crisis in 300 words
Why are there two people claiming to be the legitimate president of Venezuela?
BBC News. Mon, 06 Jan 2020 12:26:16 GMT.
- Report: Trump Ally May Have Broken Venezuela Sanctions
Two senior U.S. officials say the founder of security firm Blackwater has been referred to the U.S. Treasury for possible sanctions violations for a recent trip to Venezuela.
Voice of America. Mon, 30 Dec 2019 18:45:07 -0500.
- Major GOP Donor May Have Broken Venezuela Sanctions: AP
Erik Prince, a major Republican donor and founder of controversial security firm Blackwater, has been referred to the U.S. ...
Newsmax. Mon, 30 Dec 2019 15:11:18 EDT.
- Washington Post: How Giuliani got involved in back-channel talks with Maduro
The international call came in September 2018, after months of rising tension between the United States and Venezuela, a key strategic player in South America. Read more here. ...
Helen Mukhina. Kyiv Post. Mon, 30 Dec 2019 09:23:19 +0000.
- Venezuela's Christmas lights glow after a dark year
CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) - After a tumultuous year in Venezuela with unprecedented blackouts, the country's government has put up brilliant displays of Christmas lights, trying to spread a little holiday cheer. ...
Scott Smith. Washington Times. Fri, 20 Dec 2019 14:11:18 -0500.
- US oil executives jailed in Venezuela given house arrest
MIAMI (AP) - Six American oil executives held in an overcrowded Venezuelan prison for two years on corruption charges were granted house arrest Monday. ...
Joshua Goodman. Washington Times. Tue, 10 Dec 2019 00:03:53 -0500.
- A 'good amount' of Venezuela's millions of fleeing migrants won't ever return, UN envoy says
The Venezuela migration crisis has now entered a new stage in which many of those fleeing their country's devastating economic downturn and political turmoil are increasingly unlikely to return, a United Nations special envoy said.
CBC News. Thu, 14 Nov 2019 11:54:32 EST.
- Venezuelan mayor seizes Baker Hughes office for "not paying local taxes"
A mayor in Venezuela temporarily seized an office belonging to Houston oilfield service company Baker Hughes alleging that the company "chronically failed to pay municipal taxes."
Sergio Chapa, Houston Chronicle. Houston Chronicle. Fri, 8 Nov 2019 21:48:59 UTC.
- Trump administration gives energy companies another three months in Venezuela
The Trump administration has given five energy companies with headquarters or major operations in Houston permission to stay in Venezuela another three months despite harsh economic sanctions designed to unseat strongman Nicolas Maduro.
Sergio Chapa, Houston Chronicle. Houston Chronicle. Mon, 21 Oct 2019 20:05:49 UTC.
- Venezuela Wins Seat on UN Rights Body Despite Opposition
Venezuela won a contested election for a seat on the U.N. ...
Newsmax. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 22:44:54 EDT.
- US slaps new sanctions on Cuba over human rights record, support of Venezuela
The U.S. Commerce Department announced Friday it will impose new sanctions on Cuba over its human rights record and its support of the Venezuelan government.
Morgan Phillips. Fox News. Sat, 19 Oct 2019 02:03:56 GMT.
- Intrepid scientists determined to witness final days of Venezuelan glacier
Scientists say Venezuela will be the first country in South America to lose all its glaciers. A team of scientists is trying to weather the political and economic crisis engulfing their country to record it, and what happens after. ...
Christina Larson and Federica Narancio. Seattle Times. Mon, 23 Sep 2019 21:01:00 -0700.
- Spain rejects US bid to extradite Venezuela ex-intel chief
A top Spanish court on Monday said it had denied a US request to extradite Venezuela's former military intelligence chief on drug trafficking charges, instead ordering his release.
The Local. Mon, 16 Sep 2019 15:55:45 +0200.
- Trump warns of new 'very tough' stance on Venezuela amid growing tensions
President Donald Trump has warned of a "very tough" stance on Venezuela following the ouster of hawkish National Security Adviser John Bolton.
ABC News. Fri, 13 Sep 2019 16:50:23 -0400.