- Venezuela jail clashes kill 29 inmates amid prison break attempt
Armed inmates clash with police special forces at jail in Acarigua, prisoner rights NGO says.
Al Jazeera. Sat, 25 May 2019 07:56:49 GMT.
- Official: 29 inmates killed in Venezuelan jail riot
An official in Venezuela says a showdown between armed inmates and guards in an overcrowded cellblock of a jail left at least 29 prisoners dead
ABC News. Fri, 24 May 2019 18:20:05 -0400.
- Maduro invites Huawei to set up 4G network in Venezuela
Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro is inviting China's Huawei to help set up a 4G network in Venezuela, prompting opposition leader Juan Guaidó to accuse him of having an "absolute disconnection with reality."
ABC News. Fri, 24 May 2019 14:54:42 -0400.
- UNHCR: People Fleeing Venezuela Need Protection, Must Not Be Deported
The U.N. refugee agency says the majority of Venezuelans fleeing worsening conditions in their country are in need of international protection and must not be forcibly returned home. ...
Voice of America. Thu, 23 May 2019 11:20:10 -0400.
- Venezuela: Where's the petrol?
Venezuela has the world's largest oil reserves, yet people are scrambling to fill car tanks as petrol supplies dry up.
Al Jazeera. Tue, 21 May 2019 11:36:43 GMT.
- Venezuela crisis: Maduro proposes early National Assembly vote
Venezuela's embattled leader proposes an early election for the opposition-controlled body.
BBC News. Tue, 21 May 2019 01:10:04 GMT.
- Saudi, UAE See Sufficient Oil Supplies, Rising Stocks
Oil supplies were sufficient and stockpiles were still rising despite massive output drops from Iran and Venezuela, said OPEC kingpin Saudi Arabia and key producer UAE on Sunday, as oil exporters met in Jeddah. ...
Voice of America. Sun, 19 May 2019 18:39:51 -0400.
- President Trump's global juggling act puts China, Iran, Venezuela and North Korea all in play
Succeeding at any one of those challenges would be a major win. Score them all and President Trump's name would be written large in history books.
CNBC. Sat, 18 May 2019 11:00 GMT.
- Venezuela government talking with 'democratic' opposition in Norway
"Yes, there are talks between the Bolivarian government and the democratic sectors of the opposition," Venezuela's ambassador to the United Nations in Geneva, Jorge Valero, told reporters, denouncing U.S. interference. ...
Yahoo. Thu, 16 May 2019 19:26:52 -0400.
- Venezuela crisis: Both sides in Norway for peace talks
The talks mark a shift in tone just days after opposition lawmakers were charged with treason.
BBC News. Thu, 16 May 2019 20:32:57 GMT.
- US police 'forcibly remove' protesters from Venezuela embassy 'in violation of Vienna Convention'
The protesters had been occupying the embassy for a month, and had been invited in by Venezuelan diplomats before they left amid heightened tensions back home
Clark Mindock. The Independent. Thu, 16 May 2019 18:08:04 GMT.
- Venezuela says talks between government, 'democratic' opposition underway in Norway
Talks are underway in Norway between Venezuela's government and "democratic" opponents, an envoy said on Thursday, in a possible search for a mediated solution following a failed uprising attempt against President Nicolas Maduro.
CBC News. Thu, 16 May 2019 10:50:10 EDT.
- The Latest: Venezuela gov't, opposition reported in talks
The latest on the political crisis in Venezuela (all times local): 9:15 p.m. ...
Fox News. Thu, 16 May 2019 01:21:30 GMT.
- Citing unrest, US suspends air traffic with Venezuela
The United States on Wednesday suspended all commercial passenger and cargo flights between the U.S. and Venezuela, saying the political unrest and tensions there pose a risk to flights.
Christopher Torchia. Fox News. Wed, 15 May 2019 21:04:39 GMT.
- Citing insecurity, Washington bars all air travel between U.S. and Venezuela
The U.S. Department of Transportation has ordered the suspension of all passenger and cargo flights between the United States and Venezuela, citing reports of unrest and violence around airports in the South American country.
CBC News. Wed, 15 May 2019 14:43:54 EDT.
- Venezuela dialysis patients face uncertain fate after power cuts
Seconds before William Lopez was set to be connected to a dialysis machine at a state-run clinic in the western Venezuelan city of Maracaibo in April, the power went out.
Reuters. Wed, 15 May 2019 07:20:59 -0400.
- Venezuela top court accuses more lawmakers of treason as congress building blocked
Venezuela's top court accused four opposition lawmakers of treason on Tuesday, following similar accusations against 10 legislators this month, escalating a deep political crisis in the South American country.
Reuters. Tue, 14 May 2019 19:22:10 -0400.
- Pompeo, Lavrov spar on Iran and Venezuela
Pompeo and Lavrov met in Sochi after a scrapped meeting in Moscow
CBS News. Tue, 14 May 2019 18:34:17 +0000.
- Pompeo arrives in Sochi for talks with Lavrov
The meeting will focus on solving the crisis around the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action on the Iranian nuclear program, extending the New START and also Syria and Venezuela
Tass. Tue, 14 May 2019 14:26:27 +0300.
- Activists at Venezuela Embassy served with eviction notice
WASHINGTON (AP) - Authorities served an eviction notice Monday to activists who have stayed for more than a month inside the Venezuelan Embassy in Washington and asked them to leave immediately. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 13 May 2019 22:09:40 -0400.