- Trophy hunter who killed lions and elephants shot dead by robbers who ambushed him in South Africa
Riaan Naude, 55, ran the company Pro Hunt Africa which boasts of its 'eco-hunting' while sharing gruesome pictures of dead endangered animals.
Daily Mail. Mon, 04 Jul 2022 12:43:19 GMT.
- WAFCON 2022: Kgatlana relishing high-profile clash with Nigeria
South Africa striker Thembi Kgaltana says Monday's Women's Africa Cup of Nations match against reigning champions Nigeria will provide a major boost for women's football in Africa.
BBC News. Sun, 03 Jul 2022 12:55:53 GMT.
- South Africa 32-29 Wales: Welsh hearts broken by last kick of Springboks thriller
South Africa's Damian Willemse breaks Welsh hearts with a match-winning late penalty in a pulsating first Test in Pretoria.
BBC News. Sat, 02 Jul 2022 17:18:27 GMT.
- Sea change: Killer whales hunt great white sharks amid ocean food scarcity
Killer whales are deliberately hunting sharks and eating their organs after running low on their traditional food, a study has found. A pair of orca have been butchering great white sharks off the coast of South Africa for the ...
New Zealand Herald. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 14:55:28 +1200.
- Tear gas or pepper spray used at nightclub when teens died, eyewitness says
Tear gas or pepper spray was used on patrons at a nightclub in South Africa when more than a dozen teenagers mysteriously died there, an eyewitness told ABC News.
ABC News. Thu, 30 Jun 2022 13:32:33 -0400.
- Gas leak may have killed 21 youths in South Africa tavern
All those who died were teenagers, the youngest a 13-year-old girl.
Straits Times. Thu, 30 Jun 2022 03:46:27 +0800.
- The Omicron subvariants BA.4 and BA.5 have together become dominant in the U.S., the C.D.C. estimates.
The milestone comes less than six months since they were first detected in South Africa, and as the federal government considers an Omicron-specific booster dose for adults in the fall.
Adeel Hassan. New York Times. Wed, 29 Jun 2022 16:36:18 +0000.
- South Africa: Eskom could repeat worst power cuts in its history
The state power company is struggling to meet power demand due to labour protests over wage talks disrupting operations.
Al Jazeera. Tue, 28 Jun 2022 11:30:35 +0000.
- South Africa Ends All Covid Travel Mandates
South Africa fully reopens for travel, just in time for the anniversary of Nelson Mandela's birthday and prime safari season.
By Johanna Read, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 27 Jun 2022 18:55:34 -0400.
- Samples sent to toxicology lab after 21 teenagers found dead in South African nightclub
Forensic samples taken from 21 underage teenagers who died in a mysterious incident at a South African nightclub are being sent for analysis, police have said.
Sky News. Mon, 27 Jun 2022 14:14:00 +0100.
- Authorities turn to toxicology lab in mysterious deaths of 22 teens at South Africa nightclub
South African authorities are turning to a toxicology analysis to determine the cause of death for 21 minors found dead at a nightclub early Sunday morning.
Anders Hagstrom. Fox News. Mon, 27 Jun 2022 12:49:04 GMT.
- South Africa nightclub deaths: At least 22 young people found dead as police probe cause
Emergency services were scrambled to the Enyobeni Tavern, in the Scenery Park township, early on Sunday morning
Joe Middleton. The Independent. Sun, 26 Jun 2022 13:29:17 GMT.
Facts About South Africa
The Republic of South Africa, located in southern Africa, is governed
by a President and a bicameral Parliament. South Africa's
capital city is Pretoria, and its national currency is the Rand.
In 2020, the nation's estimated population was 59,308,690, and the
primary languages used by South Africans are Afrikaans and English.
For more news and information about South Africa, visit the official
South African government website.
Copyright © 2008-2022 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about South Africa