- Man whoo killed Irish dancer with date-rape drug jailed for 32 years
Joel Osei, 26, killed 43-year-old Irishman Adrian Murphy in summer 2019 with an overdose of scopolamine, which is used in rapes and kidnappings in South America.
Daily Mail. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 21:18:03 +0000.
- Covid: How worrying are the UK, South Africa, and Brazil coronavirus variants?
There is some evidence that the new UK variant may be more deadly, says PM Boris Johnson.
BBC News. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:17:20 GMT.
- Brazilian city of Manaus suspends vaccination drive for 24 hours
The halt came as the capital of the Amazonas state received shots just to cover 34 percent of 56,000 health workers.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 12:10:35 +0000.
- Suriname Could Be Latest Big Oil Find as Industry Cuts Costs
The small South American country has become a hot prospect for oil companies looking to produce fossil fuels while spending less.
Clifford Krauss. New York Times. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 04:45:39 +0000.
- Manaus: Brazil's city on the Amazon river buckles under second Covid wave
Doctors in the Amazon's biggest city, Manaus, are struggling to control rising numbers of deaths and cases.
BBC News. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 00:17:33 GMT.
- Argentine President inoculated with first component of Sputnik V vaccine
Sputnik V became the first vaccine against the coronavirus to arrive in Argentina
Tass. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 21:43:01 +0300.
- Peru doctors on hunger strike over pandemic work conditions
Medical personnel who have been protesting for a week just as a second wave of coronavirus cases is hitting the country, have now stepped up their fight.
Sydney Morning Herald. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 17:44:20 +1100.
- Crown Holdings (CCK) Expands Capacity in Brazil to Meet Demand
Crown Holdings (CCK) has been implementing several beverage-can capacity-expansion projects to capitalize on the current trend of growing demand for beverage cans.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 14:14:00 GMT.
- Donna Brazile: Republicans and Democrats must unite behind Biden to tackle COVID and other serious problems
The time for campaigning and complaining about the election results is over. Our leaders in Washington must begin the hard work of governing as Joe Biden takes office as our president..
Donna Brazile. Fox News. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 13:00:31 GMT.
- Scalise bringing Donna Brazile as guest to Biden inauguration
GOP Rep. Steve Scalise (La.) has invited former Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chairwoman Donna Brazile to be his guest to President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration on Wednesday."I thought ...
Joseph Choi. The Hill. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 03:37:17 +0000.
- Donald Trump grants deportation amnesty to Venezuelans
President Trump issued a directive Tuesday creating a temporary deportation amnesty for Venezuelans in the country illegally, saying it was a way to protect them from the chaos the South American country has been facing. ...
Stephen Dinan. Washington Times. Tue, 19 Jan 2021 20:30:34 -0500.
- Trump moves to lift some coronavirus-related travel restrictions, but Biden plans to block the order
The lifted restrictions apply to U.S. entry for travelers from the UK, most of Europe and Brazil.
Cnnwire. ABC News. Tue, 19 Jan 2021 03:52:19 +0000.
- Trump scraps UK and Brazil COVID travel bans - but Biden will ignore it
Donald Trump has scrapped a travel ban on people from countries such as the UK and Brazil - but incoming president Joe Biden intends to ignore it.
Sky News. Tue, 19 Jan 2021 02:33:00 +0000.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: Trump moves to lift travel restrictions on EU, UK, Brazil
With just hours before he leaves the White House, US President Donald Trump has made a huge statement by drastically changing the nation's travel rules, but the incoming Biden administration says it will reverse the ...
New Zealand Herald. Tue, 19 Jan 2021 12:58:53 +1200.
- Trump lifts coronavirus-related travel bans for Europe, Brazil
President Trump on Monday night lifted coronavirus-related travel restrictions that cover much of Europe and Brazil but still bars China and Iran, beginning Jan. 26, nearly a week after he leaves office. But President-elect Joseph R. ...
Dave Boyer. Washington Times. Mon, 18 Jan 2021 19:38:11 -0500.
- COVID-19 pandemic in Brazil has overwhelmed its health systems, analysis shows
An analysis of the first 250,000 patients admitted to hospital with coronavirus reveals a high mortality and inequities in the quality of healthcare across regions.
Science Daily. Sun, 17 Jan 2021 13:22:23 EST.
- Colombia's rapidly breeding 'cocaine hippos' must be stopped, scientists say
- You Can Now Explore the CIA's 'Entire' Collection of UFO Documents Online
Thousands of pages of declassified records are available for anyone to peruse
Smithsonian. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 19:06:26 +0000.
- New Covid-19 Variants Reshape Our Understanding Of Reinfection
While Covid-19 reinfections have been reported and confirmed previously, the case of one 45-year-old woman in Brazil is the first to involve the potentially dangerous mutation E484K.
By William A. Haseltine, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 15:15:12 -0500.
- Volunteer Group Helps Clean Miami Beaches
Originally from Colombia, Maria Algarra was working as a paralegal but found a different calling and started a trend.
Voice of America. Sun, 27 Dec 2020 16:41:41 -0500.