- Venezuela crisis: Maduro to close border with Brazil
President Maduro acts as opposition supporters defy attempts to stop them bringing in foreign aid.
BBC News. Fri, 22 Feb 2019 04:23:57 GMT.
- The Latest: US envoy Elliott Abrams is heading to Colombia
A U.S. envoy is heading to Colombia as part of a mission to send food and other emergency supplies to neighboring Venezuela amid a deepening political and economic crisis there
ABC News. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 22:50:34 -0500.
- Venezuela's Maduro starts shutting borders to block humanitarian aid
Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro threatened to close the border with Colombia on Thursday as opposition leader Juan Guaido and some 80 lawmakers ran a gauntlet of roadblocks trying to get to the frontier to receive humanitarian aid.
Reuters. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 19:23:12 -0500.
- UN chief discusses Yemen, Venezuela with Pompeo
U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has held talks with U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo focusing on the redeployment of forces from Yemen's key port and the situation in Venezuela.
Fox News. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 23:11:44 GMT.
- Maduro thanks Putin for sending medicines to Venezuela
Earlier, Russia handed over to Venezuela a cargo with medicines and medical equipment in the framework of the World Health Organization
Tass. Fri, 22 Feb 2019 01:04:30 +0300.
- Maduro shuts Venezuela's border with Brazil amid aid standoff
Maduro calls opposition leader Guaido's aid caravan a 'provocation', says he may close border with Colombia as well.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 19:43:45 GMT.
- Venezuela's Maduro closes Brazil border to block aid entry
Venezuela's President Nicolas Maduro ordered the vast border with Brazil to be closed on Thursday, just days before opposition leaders plan to bring in foreign humanitarian aid he has refused to accept.
Sydney Morning Herald. Fri, 22 Feb 2019 06:25:49 +1100.
- Juan Guaido heads to Venezuela's border to PERSONALLY bring in US aid
Juan Guaido, recognised by some 50 countries as Venezuela's acting president, was set to travel in a caravan of buses with other members of the opposition-controlled National Assembly.
Daily Mail. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 18:38:43 GMT.
- Venezuela convoy heads to Colombia border as Maduro threatens to close it
Maduro's beleaguered socialist government, which denies there is an economic crisis in Venezuela, said on Thursday it was considering closing the border with Colombia and would close the border with Brazil. ...
Yahoo. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 12:25:25 -0500.
- Vice President Mike Pence will go to Colombia to demand Maduro step down
Vice President Mike Pence will go to Colombia on Monday to speak with the Colombian president and regional leaders about the ongoing turmoil in Venezuela and rally the international community … Click to Continue »
By Franco Ordoñez Fordonez@mcclatchydc.com. McClatchy. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 10:07:38 EST.
- Bolton Says Venezuela UN Military Attache Backs Guaido
President Donald Trump's national security adviser said on Wednesday that Venezuela's U.N. ...
Newsmax. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 19:18:13 EDT.
- Bolsonaro proposes pension overhaul for Brazil
Reforming Brazil's retirement system is considered critical to the country's economy.
BBC News. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 18:03:06 GMT.
- Military: Venezuela Reopens Maritime Border with Dutch Antilles
Venezuelan authorities have reopened the country's maritime border with the Dutch Antilles islands a day after closing it, a regional military commander told Reuters on Wednesday. ...
Voice of America. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 11:57:53 -0500.
- Rome's ancient Largo di Torre Argentina to open to the public
Long the preserve of stray cats, the Largo di Torre Argentina will reopen to the public from 2021.
The Local. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 17:18:57 +0100.
- Nokia appoints new Brazil head
Former sales director Luiz Tonisi takes the helm.
ZDNet. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 11:43:57 +0000.
- Giant tortoise believed extinct for 100 years found in Galapagos
SYDNEY (DPA) - A giant tortoise believed extinct for over 100 years has been discovered on the Galapagos island of Fernandina, Ecuador's environment minister said late on Tuesday (Feb 19).
Straits Times. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 13:18:05 +0800.
- Could Russia Be Subject To Venezuela-Style Sanctions?
The threat of Venezuela-style sanctions is real. A look at Russia's latest sanctions round.
By Kenneth Rapoza, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 19 Feb 2019 09:00:00 -0500.
- Citigroup (C) Aims to Increase Revenues at Brazilian Unit
Bankers at Citigroup's (C) Brazilian investment banking division are targeting the largest asset sales and are planning to compete for mandates in the deals.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 19 Feb 2019 12:37:00 GMT.
- Argentina restarts work on ARA Santa Cruz
Maintenance work on the Argentine TR-1700-class submarine ARA Santa Cruz has resumed, according to Argentine Defence Minister Oscar Aguad. ...
Santiago Rivas, Buenos Aires. Janes 360. Tue, 19 Feb 2019 11:02:27 GMT.
- Trump Urges Venezuelan Military to Ditch Maduro
In a speech to Venezuelan and Cuban Americans in Miami, U.S. President Donald Trump warned the Venezuelan military to stop helping President Nicolas Maduro stay in power and urged them to allow humanitarian aid into the country. ...
Voice of America. Tue, 19 Feb 2019 05:21:00 -0500.