- Women's World Cup 2019: Scotland heartbreak, England joy & all the goals
Watch all the best bits from day 13 of the Women's World Cup, including dramatic scenes as Argentina stage a late comeback against Scotland.
BBC News. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 23:58:58 GMT.
- Women's World Cup: Scotland 3-3 Argentina - Shelley Kerr bemoans officiating
Shelley Kerr says Scotland suffered from "really, really poor" refereeing in the draw with Argentina that cost them the chance of a Women's World Cup last-16 place.
BBC News. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 22:01:27 GMT.
- Here's why Joaquin Niemann was practicing with a beach ball between his legs at the Travelers (yes, really)
The 20-year-old from Chile was grinding away on the range at the Travelers Championship with a beach ball in between his legs. There's a good reason for that.
Christopher Powers. Golf Digest. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 18:42:34 +0000.
- UN rights chief Bachelet heads to Venezuela for a three-day visit
Bachelet is expected to hold separate talks with President Nicolas Maduro and opposition leader Juan Guaido.
Al Jazeera. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 18:26:18 GMT.
- A record 71 million people were displaced from their homes last year, UN says
Venezuelans were the largest number of new asylum seekers, amid a spiralling political and economic crisis in the South American nation (pictured, a Venezuelan migrant in Peru).
Daily Mail. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 09:36:45 GMT.
- Brazilian model accusing Neymar of rape speaks to police again
A Brazilian model who has accused football star Neymar of raping her in a Paris hotel has testified to police in Sao Paulo for a second time.
Irish Independent. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 07:03:47 +0100.
- Russia offers Argentina to join FSB counterterrorism database
To date, the open segment of this database involves 46 intelligence agencies from 35 states
Tass. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 21:02:47 +0300.
- Australia shifts on refugees to act on latest humanitarian crisis
Immigration officials have been told to open the door to more refugees from South America in a formal directive that is likely to change the make-up of the annual 18,750 humanitarian intake from next month.
David Crowe. Sydney Morning Herald. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 00:00:00 +1000.
- Iron Ore Prices Surge to 5-Year High on Supply Crunch Fears
Following anticipation of supply crunch from the world's two largest iron ore exporters, Brazil and Australia, iron ore prices are trending above $100 per ton, at levels last seen in 2014.
Madhurima Das. Zacks. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 13:21:00 GMT.
- Market Thinks Brazil Pension Reform Is In The Bag
Thank you, Paulo Guedes. After pension reform passes, markets will be quick to test Bolsonaro's next move before walking away.
By Kenneth Rapoza, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 12:30:00 +0000.
- Venezuela receives second shipment of Red Cross aid
Venezuela Monday received a second shipment of Red Cross humanitarian aid, including 24 tonnes of medical supplies and generators provided by Panama, intended for hospitals to help address the country's acute health crisis. ...
Yahoo. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 03:49:20 -0400.
- Netshoes, Magazine Luiza complete merger
Brazil-based Netshoes, an online sports retailer, has completed its merger with Magazine Luiza, one of the South American country's largest retail companies.
Just Style. Mon, 17 Jun 2019 12:53:00 GMT.
- U.S. Continues Dominance In Women's World Cup With 3-0 Win Over Chile
They won before a sell-out crowd in Paris on Sunday. It was a gem of a game for the team, which controlled play from the beginning with crisp and precise passes. The win assures the U.S. will advance.
Russell Lewis. NPR. Sun, 16 Jun 2019 14:20:09 -0400.
- Venezuelans cross into Peru despite border tightening
Thousands of Venezuelans crossed into Peru despite a crackdown on migrants without passports or visas meant to stem the flood of immigration from their crisis-stricken nation, as many lacking those documents filed asylum requests instead.
CBC News. Sun, 16 Jun 2019 14:08:18 EDT.
- Sweden hosts meeting of 'key Venezuela actors'
Sweden has hosted a meeting with "some key international actors," to support a solution to the political crisis in Venezuela, the Foreign Affairs Ministry said on Friday.
The Local. Sat, 15 Jun 2019 07:25:43 +0200.
- Neymar undergoes questioning by police, denies rape claim
Brazilian soccer star Neymar spent about five hours at a police station Thursday to undergo questioning about rape allegations against him.
Mauricio Savarese. Fox News. Thu, 13 Jun 2019 23:53:29 GMT.
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
Monkeys living in South America are highly vulnerable to climate change and face an 'elevated risk of extinction', according to a new study.
Science Daily. Wed, 12 Jun 2019 09:38:55 EDT.
- Facebook rolls out tool in the US that will help you donate blood - CNET
The feature is currently available in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Brazil.
Queenie Wong. CNET. Wed, 12 Jun 2019 11:00:09 +0000.
- Trump Says He's Looking at Protections for Venezuelans in US
President Donald Trump says his administration is considering granting Temporary Protected Status to thousands of Venezuelans who have fled to the United States amid ongoing unrest.
Voice of America. Tue, 11 Jun 2019 21:47:49 -0400.
- Bolsonaro meets with justice minister to discuss leaks
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) - Brazilian Justice Minister Sergio Moro met with President Jair Bolsonaro on Tuesday after press reports accused him of improperly coordinating with prosecutors when he was a crusading anti-corruption judge. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 11 Jun 2019 18:01:25 -0400.