- Three Russian scientists fined to $43,257 for collection of insects in Sri Lanka
The scientists claim they only gathered dead insects, photographed them and had no intention to transport them outside Sri Lanka
Tass. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 19:46:14 +0300.
- KitKat bars with Hindu gods on the wrappers are withdrawn after sparking fury in India
A furious backlash in India has forced Nestle to discontinue a range of KitKat bars covered by wrappers with Hindu gods on them.
Daily Mail. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 16:35:47 +0000.
- India: Man jailed in first conviction over 2020 New Delhi riots
The worst religious violence in capital in decades followed months of protests against 'anti-Muslim' citizenship law.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 11:03:41 +0000.
- India tests new BrahMos variant
BrahMos Aerospace conducted additional test-firing of its universal long-range supersonic cruise missile system from the Integrated Test Range, Chandipur, off the ...
Janes 360. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 09:20:11 Z.
- Shark And Ray Research In India Has Low Relevance To Their Conservation
Biodiversity is deteriorating at an alarming rate worldwide. While conservation research has significantly increased in recent decades, this may not necessarily translate to policy and practice.
By Melissa Cristina Márquez, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 20 Jan 2022 18:26:08 -0500.
- Sania Mirza: India tennis star to retire after 2022 season
Sania Mirza, a former Wimbledon doubles champion, is one of India's most celebrated sports stars.
BBC News. Wed, 19 Jan 2022 10:22:43 GMT.
- The women put on sale on Clubhouse for their views
The women say right-wing trolls in India targeted them for criticising Narendra Modi and his government.
BBC News. Wed, 19 Jan 2022 00:11:16 GMT.
- Cricketing great and churlish statesman: Virat Kohli a contrast to the end
Hot-blooded, strong-willed and without peer as an India captain, Virat Kohli has had enough of leadership.
Malcolm Conn. Sydney Morning Herald. Sun, 16 Jan 2022 15:52:57 +1100.
- Deadly Delta wave stole 240,000 lives in India between April and June in 2021, says UN report
UN report also projects slowdown of global economy in 2022 and 2023
Namita Singh. The Independent. Fri, 14 Jan 2022 12:12:52 GMT.
- Rubin Museum Agrees to Return Stolen Religious Artifacts to Nepal
An investigation launched by the New York cultural institution concluded that the 14th- and 17th-century carvings were "unlawfully obtained"
Smithsonian. Thu, 13 Jan 2022 20:53:14 +0000.
- Indian supreme court to investigate Hindu leaders over 'genocide' against Muslims claims
The Supreme Court of India will investigate alleged provocative statements by Hindu religious leaders in December 2021.
Sky News. Wed, 12 Jan 2022 12:08:00 +0000.
- Apple (AAPL) to Reopen iPhone Manufacturing Factory in India
Apple's (AAPL) key manufacturing partner Foxconn will reopen the iPhone manufacturing facility in India after addressing the Labor Law Violation issues
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 10 Jan 2022 16:30:00 GMT.
- Covid 19 Delta outbreak: Man from India says he's had 11 Covid jabs
A man from India has claimed he received 11 Covid vaccine doses last year.According to the BBC, health officials have found evidence Brahmdeo Mandal got jabbed with at least eight doses of the drug in Bihar state.The retired ...
New Zealand Herald. Sat, 08 Jan 2022 19:56:34 +1200.
- Covid Tests Probed After 100s on 2 Italy-India Flights Test Positive
Some 300 passengers on two flights who tested positive for the coronavirus upon landing in the northern city of Amritsar are being retested.
Hari Kumar, Gaia Pianigiani and Shashank Bengali. New York Times. Fri, 07 Jan 2022 20:07:05 +0000.
- China deploys armed robotic vehicles during standoff with India to deal with cold, difficult terrain: reports
The People's Liberation Army first released the robots in 2014 but has not made widespread use of them until recently.
Peter Aitken. Fox News. Thu, 30 Dec 2021 19:32:23 GMT.
- VOA Asia - Parts of Kashmir are melting
A glacial pace grows alarmingly fast. India beset with numerous challenges. A mission to gaze deep into the past. The business of driving in Asia. Afghan pomegranates. A novel in a minute. Jim Stevenson hosts VOA Asia.
Voice of America. Sun, 26 Dec 2021 17:05:00 -0500.
- Enraptured by raptors: Hunters of amur falcon in India become its protectors in rare conservation success story
KOLKATA - The amur falcon is a rare and recent visitor to Singapore - the sighting of one in Lorong Halus on Nov 26 excited birders and even made it to the news.
Straits Times. Mon, 27 Dec 2021 05:00:00 +0800.
- Iran Agrees To Take Tea From Sri Lanka To Settle $251 Million Oil Debt
Iran has agreed to accept Ceylon tea in exchange for some $251 million in oil debt from the South Asian island nation of Sri Lanka, Iranian media report.
Radio Liberty. Thu, 23 Dec 2021 18:36:15 +0000.
- India Is on a Tear
Massive modernization presents opportunities for investors.
Nellie S. Huang. Kiplinger. Tue, 21 Dec 2021 22:47:41 GMT.
- Sri Lanka company prepares to sell massive blue gemstone
The nations of South Asia include the populous countries of India and
Bangladesh as well as Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, and Sri Lanka.
More news and information about selected South Asian nations
is available at the official government websites listed below.
The Republic of India's
capital city is New Delhi, and its currency is
the Indian Rupee. Hindi and English are the primary languages used
in India, and in 2020, India's estimated population was 1,380,004,385.
The People's Republic of Bangladesh's capital city is Dhaka, and its
currency is the Taka. The country's primary language is Bengali,
and in 2020, the estimated population of Bangladesh was 164,689,383.
The Kingdom of Bhutan's
capital city is Thimbu, and its national currency
is the Ngultrum. The Kingdom's primary language is Dzongkha, and
in 2020, its estimated population was 771,608.
The Republic of Maldives'
capital city is Male, and its national currency
is the Rufiyaa. Dhivehi is the primary language of Maldives, and
in 2020, the nation's estimated population was 540,544.
The Kingdom of Nepal's
capital city is Kathmandu, and its currency
is the Nepalese Rupee. Nepal's primary language is Nepali, and
in 2020, its estimated population was 29,136,808.
The Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka's capital city is
Colombo, and its national currency is the Sri Lankan Rupee.
The primary languages of Sri Lanka are Sinhala and Tamil, and in 2020,
the country's population was estimated at 21,413,249.