- Theresa May: Who will be the next prime minister?
Runners and riders in the Conservative leadership race after Theresa May says she will step down.
BBC News. Sat, 25 May 2019 15:22:03 GMT.
- Donald Trump says he 'feels badly for Theresa May' and calls her a 'good woman' ahead of State Visit
Donald Trump said he thought Theresa May was a 'very strong woman' after she announced resignation. But wants to confront her about 'rumours that UK was involved in Russian hoax'.
Daily Mail. Sat, 25 May 2019 12:00:45 GMT.
- Health Secretary Hancock joins race to succeed UK's May
The race to succeed Prime Minister Theresa May has not officially begun but the field of contenders is quickly growing
ABC News. Sat, 25 May 2019 07:40:24 -0400.
- Merkel vows to work for 'orderly Brexit' after May leaves
Germany will keep working towards an "orderly" Brexit, Chancellor Angela Merkel said Friday, hours after Prime Minister Theresa May announced her resignation.
The Local. Sat, 25 May 2019 11:08:19 +0200.
- Who gets to choose?
With Theresa May on her way out of Downing Street, a Tory leadership contest is beginning.
BBC News. Sat, 25 May 2019 00:05:12 GMT.
- U.K.'s Theresa May Resigns Acknowledging Failure To Deliver Brexit
Theresa May's term as prime minister has been one misstep after another, starting with calling an early election that left her weakened and without support to negotiate the U.K.'s exit from the E.U.
Frank Langfitt. NPR. Fri, 24 May 2019 17:07:00 -0400.
- British PM Theresa May to step down after multiple Brexit failures
British Prime Minister Theresa May says she will resign in two weeks after continued failures to negotiate a Brexit deal between Parliament and the European Union. ...
CBS News. Fri, 24 May 2019 18:33:29 +0000.
- Turmoil Deepens With May's Exit in Britain
Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May announced her resignation Friday, plunging the country deeper into chaos as it tries to negotiate its exit from the European Union. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 24 May 2019 14:28:00 -0400.
- 'Deep down I don't think she's very good': The rise and fall of Prime Minister May
Theresa May infamously promised "strong and stable" government. She leaves her party, and her country, in more disarray than ever.
Nick Miller. Sydney Morning Herald. Sat, 25 May 2019 02:33:37 +1000.
- Theresa May announces resignation amid Brexit chaos
May will step down as Conservative leader on June 7 after weeks of deadlock and chaos surrounding Brexit.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 24 May 2019 15:38:19 GMT.
- Blinded by desire for post-Brexit trade, Theresa May neglected foreign policy matters
Analysis: Theresa May, it can be said, looked at foreign affairs through the viewpoint of a somewhat desperate door-to-door saleswoman, writes Kim Sengupta
Kim Sengupta. The Independent. Fri, 24 May 2019 15:16:00 GMT.
- 5/24: CBSN AM
PM Theresa May announces resignation; record travel expected for Memorial Day
CBS News. Fri, 24 May 2019 09:42:44 -0400.
- Tearful Theresa May Resigns Amid Brexit Failure
Fighting back tears, British Prime Minister Theresa May said on Friday she would quit, triggering a contest that will bring a new leader to power who is likely to push for a more decisive Brexit divorce deal.
Newsmax. Fri, 24 May 2019 05:58:15 EDT.
- Theresa May: A prime minister defined and defeated by Brexit
LONDON (AP) - Theresa May became prime minister in 2016 with one overriding goal: to lead Britain out of the European Union. Three years on, the U.K. is still in the EU, and May's time in 10 Downing St. ...
Jill Lawless. Washington Times. Fri, 24 May 2019 05:49:43 -0400.
- Theresa May To Resign As Prime Minister As Brexit Pressure Rises
Theresa May announced she would step down as Prime Minister on June 7 after failing to secure the support of her cabinet for her Brexit withdrawal plan.
By David Dawkins, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Fri, 24 May 2019 09:24:10 +0000.
- Theresa May resigns as UK prime minister amid Brexit crisis
May had failed to win a parliamentary majority on Britain's withdrawal from the European Union.
CNBC. Fri, 24 May 2019 09:06 GMT.
- Global shares bounce back after Wall Street sell-off
TOKYO (AP) - Global shares have bounced back following an overnight sell-off on Wall Street. Britain's FTSE 100 jumped 0.6% to 7,270.62 early Friday as Prime Minister Theresa May announced plans to resign as of June 7. ...
Yuri Kageyama. Washington Times. Fri, 24 May 2019 02:41:51 -0400.
- UK leader Theresa May will reportedly announce her departure date today
The embattled leader is expected to outline a timetable for her successor to be chosen.
CNBC. Fri, 24 May 2019 06:41 GMT.
- May under siege in Downing Street as ministers turn on her and Leadsom quits
Theresa May was bunkered down in Downing Street last night, as her ministers turned on her and Andrea Leadsom resigned from the Cabinet.
Irish Independent. Thu, 23 May 2019 02:30:00 +0100.
- Theresa May to set timetable for her departure
British Prime Minister Theresa May has fended off pressure from Conservative Party lawmakers demanding that she set a date for her resignation, buying herself a few more weeks to try to unblock Britain's Brexit impasse.But she ...
New Zealand Herald. Sat, 18 May 2019 05:00:28 +1200.