The world is a diverse and exciting place to explore and taking the time
to travel provides a welcome change from our everyday lives. News
articles about places of interest can spark enthusiasm for new
and provide needed guidance when planning a trip.
Travel news can provide inspiration, planning help, and a variety of
travel mode, accommodation, and destination options for a getaway.
Technology has made it easier than ever to access relevant information,
advisories, and trip guides.
Browse the headlines below to find the latest travel-related news from around the world.
- Travel insurers should NOT ask customers to get GP letters to cancel holidays over coronavirus fears
The Royal College of GPs said it had heard reports of businesses asking people for letters from their GPs in order for them to cancel holidays due to the spread of Covid-19.
Daily Mail. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 15:19:11 +0000.
- Is Coronavirus a Short-lived Slump for Payment Stocks?
Payment stocks display a downtrend of late due to cross-border business/trade loss from cancellation in travels across the globe.
Sapna Bagaria. Zacks. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 13:29:00 GMT.
- Saudi Arabia halts travel to Mecca, Medina over coronavirus
Extraordinary decision stops foreigners from visiting Islam's holiest sites as Middle East reports 220 confirmed cases.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 11:50:25 GMT.
- Sabre to Boost Its Travel Tech Investment by $150 Million This Year
Sabre CEO Sean Menke is right to highlight the progress his business has made during the three years since he took the top job. ...
Hsyndicate. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 12:58:27 +0200.
- How will the coronavirus outbreak affect your travel plans?
Travel arrangements are being thrown into doubt, and many are wondering whether it's worth going overseas in the first place. What should you do if you've booked a trip?
Bianca Hall. Sydney Morning Herald. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 19:30:00 +1100.
- Coronavirus: CDC calls new California case 'possible instance of community-spread'
CALIFORNIA CORONAVIRUS: Since the person has 'no relevant travel history,' the CDC suggests the virus could be spreading in a local area.
Wls. ABC News. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 03:37:30 +0000.
- Northern California reports first case of coronavirus not tied to travel
A case of COVID-19 has been confirmed in a Northern California resident who had no travel history to an affected area and no known contact with a person previously diagnosed with the coronavirus.
Live Science. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 01:35:53 +0000.
- Saudi Arabia suspends entry for religious pilgrims over coronavirus fears
Saudi Arabia on Thursday suspended foreigners' entry for the Umrah pilgrimage and tourism from countries where the new coronavirus has spread, as a growing number of cases outside China deepened fears of a pandemic.
CBC News. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 19:51:56 EST.
- Donald Trump: Coronavirus response working
President Trump told Americans not to panic over the coronavirus Wednesday, saying he's taken the reins, U.S. patients are recovering, and his decision to defy critics and restrict travel from China is working. ...
Tom Howell Jr.. Washington Times. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 18:41:02 -0500.
- Coronavirus concerns on New York's Long Island see 83 being monitored
Officials said the individuals being monitored weren't necessarily exhibiting symptoms of coronavirus, but had recently traveled to areas with confirmed cases.
Alexandria Hein. Fox News. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 20:33:49 GMT.
- Hong Kong's Peninsula Hotel Chain Expects Loss As Coronavirus Spreads
The spread of the virus has resulted in widespread travel advisories and airline cancellations to the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong and other regions.
By Russell Flannery, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 19:53:00 +0000.
- Skift Announces Inaugural Skift Aviation Forum
Top CEOs and Companies in Air Travel to Convene in Dallas-Fort Worth in November 2020
Travel Industry Wire. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 14:23:19 EST.
- Canary Islands sandstorm: 'Chaos' as travellers in wrong country
A number of passengers bound for the East Midlands were flown to Malaga, Spain.
BBC News. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 17:17:23 GMT.
- Coronavirus: Your rights as a traveller
The coronavirus has already become a nightmare for travellers and the tourism industry alike.
BBC News. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 16:21:36 GMT.
- This Hearty Group of Filipinos Is Staying Strong Worldwide Despite Virus Outbreaks
Outside tourism, the more than 2.2 million Filipinos workers overseas are expected to keep their jobs even if living in infected countries.
Voice of America. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 03:39:41 -0500.
- Coronavirus Clouds Apple's Timeline for New iPhones
Travel restrictions to China because of the coronavirus have come just as Apple Inc.'s engineers usually jet off to Asia to perfect the production of this fall's new iPhones, former employees and supply chain experts told Reuters.
Newsmax. Tue, 25 Feb 2020 15:51:23 EDT.
- Coronavirus Ireland: Outbreak threatens travel and tourism after seven deaths in Italy
The coronavirus outbreak threatens to wreak economic havoc with the travel and tourist industry - forcing the cancellation of major sporting and cultural events in Ireland.
Irish Independent. Tue, 25 Feb 2020 02:30:00 +0000.
- Robot suitcase uses AI to help visually impaired travelers - CNET
Instead of being stuffed with clothes, this suitcase will carry sensors and AI tech to help you navigate.
Shelby Brown. CNET. Mon, 24 Feb 2020 20:38:00 +0000.
- Best travel coffee mugs for 2020 - CNET
Be kinder to your budget -- and to the environment -- with these reusable coffee cups.
Chowhound Staff. CNET. Sun, 23 Feb 2020 04:41:00 +0000.
- Picketing, pigeons, politics: Scenes from the Nevada caucus
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Candidates have hustled past tourists and slot machines to ask housekeepers and cooks for their votes in the back of flashy casinos. They've made their pitches over plates of tamales, tacos and soul food. ...
Michelle L. Price, Jonathan J. Cooper. Washington Times. Fri, 21 Feb 2020 17:30:11 -0500.