The world is a diverse and exciting place to explore and taking the time
to travel provides a welcome change from our everyday lives. News
articles about places of interest can spark enthusiasm for new
and provide needed guidance when planning a trip.
Travel news can provide inspiration, planning help, and a variety of
travel mode, accommodation, and destination options for a getaway.
Technology has made it easier than ever to access relevant information,
advisories, and trip guides.
Browse the headlines below to find the latest travel-related news from around the world.
- Joe Biden 'has blood on his hands' with COVID: Greg Gutfeld
Greg Gutfeld comments on President Joe Biden's air travel ban that went into effect Monday amid the rising concern over the COVID-19 omicron variant
Hannah Grossman. Fox News. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 00:53:01 GMT.
- Biden reignites debate over travel bans
The Biden administration is facing heavy criticism for its decision to impose a travel ban on South Africa and several nearby countries in the wake of the omicron variant, reigniting a debate from some of the earliest ...
Nathaniel Weixel. The Hill. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 23:52:16 +0000.
- Psaki says Biden was referring to Trump's TWEETS when he called ex-president 'xenophobic'
Jen Psaki said President Joe Biden was referring to former President Donald Trump's tweets when he called Trump 'xenophobic' on the heels of Trump implementing the travel ban last year with China.
Daily Mail. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 23:28:55 GMT.
- Biden denies travel ban will cause countries to hide new variants
President says the travel restrictions are meant to give Americans more time to be vaccinated against Covid-19
Andrew Feinberg. The Independent. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 22:25:43 GMT.
- Sunday was the busiest day for air travel in the US since the start of the pandemic
Airport security screened 20.9 million people during the 10-day travel period that ended on Sunday -- 89 per cent of levels recorded before the pandemic.
Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 05:54:54 +1100.
- Holiday Gift Guide 2021: The Most Versatile Travel Clothes
Ready to travel? Here's what should be in your suitcase.
By Will Mcgough, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 13:25:29 -0500.
- Omicron Variant Surfaces Amid an Airline Travel Rebound
With several countries imposing new restrictions, the question now is whether travelers will be deterred.
Niraj Chokshi. New York Times. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 18:07:41 +0000.
- US health officials work to answer 3 key questions about the new Omicron variant | LIVE
The US is now restricting travel from South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique and Malawi.
Cnnwire. ABC News. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 17:04:49 +0000.
- Strong Liquidity Aids SkyWest (SKYW) Amid Rising Expenses
Solid balance sheet and rising air travel demand boosts SkyWest (SKYW). However, escalating expenses are a concern.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 16:20:00 GMT.
- Travel firms update rebooking and refund policies after restrictions tightened
EasyJet and TUI have updated their policies on rebooking flights and holidays after travel rules were changed to prevent the spread of the Omicron COVID variant.
Sky News. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 15:22:00 +0000.
- South Africa disappointed at the EU over travel ban
South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has expressed disappointment at the European Union over what he describes as unjustified travel bans linked to the discovery of the new highly-mutated coronavirus variant, Omicron.
AfricaNews. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 10:57:12 +0000.
- WHO urges to accelerate vaccinations COVID-19 due to Omicron variant
The situation calls for a "risk-based approach to adjust international travel measures in a timely manner," the WHO said
Tass. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 13:04:04 +0300.
- Barbados prepares to cut ties with the Queen
Watch as we travel to the island to find out what Barbadians make of the move.
BBC News. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 05:01:20 GMT.
- Covid: South Africa's president calls for lifting of Omicron travel bans
Cyril Ramaphosa says the action by countries including the UK and US is discriminatory and unnecessary.
BBC News. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 01:20:38 GMT.
- Biden told it will take two weeks to have definitive data on Omicron Covid-19 variant
The travel ban starting Monday on most travellers from southern Africa should help buy time to assess any new risk.
Straits Times. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 06:25:25 +0800.
- South African president calls for lifting of Omicron travel bans
Cyril Ramaphosa says travel curbs 'scientifically unjustified' as more countries find cases of highly mutated variant.
Al Jazeera. Sun, 28 Nov 2021 20:40:43 +0000.
- Rep. Nancy Mace blasts media hypocrisy on Biden travel bans
Rep. Nancy Mace doesn't have a problem with President Biden blocking international travel over the latest novel coronavirus variant, but she does have a problem with the hypocrisy. ...
Valerie Richardson. Washington Times. Sun, 28 Nov 2021 14:17:06 -0500.
- Covid 19 Delta outbreak: Expert slams Africa travel ban over Omicron
An African Union vaccine expert has slammed western countries in a scathing TV interview, criticising the West for banning Africa over the new Omicron variant and calling for a co-ordinated global shutdown.It comes as Dutch ...
New Zealand Herald. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 07:15:17 +1200.
- Biden orders travel ban on South Africa, other countries due to variant
The Biden administration said Friday it is restricting travel from South Africa and seven other countries because of fears about a new coronavirus variant with mutations that could make it more powerful against humans. ...
Tom Howell Jr.. Washington Times. Fri, 26 Nov 2021 14:00:00 -0500.
- GBTA Convention 2021 Sets The Pace For Business Travel's Return
Industry comes together at event for the first time in over two years with a focus on business travel recovery as well as the future of work, sustainability, diversity and inclusivity, and wellness.
Travel Industry Wire. 2021-11-23 14:31:43 EST.