The world is a diverse and exciting place to explore and taking the time
to travel provides a welcome change from our everyday lives. News
articles about places of interest can spark enthusiasm for new
and provide needed guidance when planning a trip.
Travel news can provide inspiration, planning help, and a variety of
travel mode, accommodation, and destination options for a getaway.
Technology has made it easier than ever to access relevant information,
advisories, and trip guides.
Browse the headlines below to find the latest travel-related news from around the world.
- Carabao Cup second round: Leicester City drawn at Stockport County and Tranmere host Newcastle
Leicester City travel to face League Two Stockport County in the second round of the EFL Cup, with Newcastle United visiting fourth-tier Tranmere Rovers.
BBC News. Wed, 10 Aug 2022 21:59:16 GMT.
- Palestinian workers forced to get off Israeli bus
The incident happened after three Jewish passengers insisted they would not travel with Arabs on board.
BBC News. Wed, 10 Aug 2022 10:04:51 GMT.
- Aussie backpacker Jordan Darney denied $80,000 travel insurance claim after Prague fall
An Aussie man has discovered having too many drinks on holiday can make travel insurance void. Jordan Darney fell four storeys while holidaying in Prague in 2014.
Daily Mail. Wed, 10 Aug 2022 08:54:37 +0100.
- Tui reveals £63m hit from recent travel chaos
Tui has revealed a €75m (£63m) hit from the recent travel chaos.
Sky News. Wed, 10 Aug 2022 08:15:00 +0100.
- ASX set to fall as Wall Street extends losing streak
Wall Street is on track to extend its losing streak as disappointing earnings reports weighed on technology and travel companies.
Damian Troise and Alex Veiga. Sydney Morning Herald. Wed, 10 Aug 2022 07:06:44 +1000.
- Hyatt (H) Q2 Earnings & Revenues Beat Estimates, Stock Up
Hyatt's (H) second-quarter 2022 performance benefits from solid leisure demand, easing of travel restrictions and increased airlift capacity.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 09 Aug 2022 16:12:00 GMT.
- Travel Sector Most Likely to See Subscription Growth - PhocusWire
Among subscription sectors, travel is the most likely to see subscription growth from both existing and new members over the next 12 months, a new report finds.
Travel Industry Wire. 2022-08-09 10:35:28 EST.
- Lenovo's Flex 3 touchscreen Chromebook is only $149
For under $150, you can get a chromebook for your computing needs, be it travel or just surfing the internet at home.
ZDNet. Mon, 08 Aug 2022 19:09:04 +0000.
- Plug-In Hybrid Cars Gain Ground in Race With Electric Rivals
There has been a surge in the sales of cars that can travel short distances on just electricity and have a gasoline engine for longer trips.
Lawrence Ulrich. New York Times. Mon, 08 Aug 2022 17:07:48 +0000.
- The U.S. Jobs Market Has Fully Recovered, Favoring Travel And Shipping Industries
Nearly 70% of survey respondents said they were taking a trip this summer regardless of rising prices, Covid, a potential economic slowdown or other worries.
By Frank Holmes, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 08 Aug 2022 11:54:57 -0400.
- White House says Biden will not travel until COVID test is negative
President Biden is scheduled to travel to Kentucky on Monday but he will not go if he is still positive for the coronavirus, the White House said Friday.
Tom Howell Jr.. Washington Times. Fri, 05 Aug 2022 16:10:10 -0400.
- US: Biden to visit Kentucky, state battered by floods and heat
US President Joe Biden will travel to Kentucky on August 8 to meet with officials and families hit by disaster.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 05 Aug 2022 17:28:39 +0000.
- Biden to visit Kentucky in wake of deadly floods
President Biden on Monday will travel to eastern Kentucky to visit families affected by the recent flooding and to survey recovery efforts, the White House announced on Friday. ...
Alex Gangitano. The Hill. Fri, 05 Aug 2022 15:29:46 +0000.
- Russian envoy says he is ready for dialogue with US on Iran nuclear deal
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Nasser Kanaani also said that the Iranian delegation would travel to Vienna to continue consultations
Tass. Thu, 04 Aug 2022 18:12:09 +0300.
- US proposes to increase refund protections for air travelers
The federal government is proposing tougher rules for when airlines must give passengers refunds for changing their travel plans.
Ap. ABC News. Thu, 04 Aug 2022 13:01:47 +0000.
- Ukraine Calls On Lebanon To Reconsider Decision To Allow Transportation Of Ship With 'Stolen' Grain
Ukraine has called on Lebanon to reconsider a court decision to allow a seized Syrian ship carrying what Kyiv says is stolen Ukrainian grain to travel further.
Radio Liberty. Thu, 04 Aug 2022 10:26:58 +0000.
- Sri Lanka targets organisers of protests that toppled president
The government has arrested several protest leaders and slapped others with travel bans.
Straits Times. Thu, 04 Aug 2022 06:39:42 +0800.
- Biden to sign executive order to protect travel for abortion
President Joe Biden will sign an executive order aimed in part at making it easier for women seeking abortions to travel between states to obtain access to the procedure
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Wed, 03 Aug 2022 09:17:53 GMT.
- Vax decision looms as Merrifield dealt to Toronto
Whit Merrifield, who didn't travel with the Royals to Toronto for a series last month because he was not vaccinated against COVID-19, was traded to the Blue Jays on Tuesday.
ESPN. Tue, 2 Aug 2022 23:27:30 EST.
- Federal tourism aid funds gas stations, trash cans, jazz
Located along a remote stretch of Highway 395, the Fort Independence Travel Plaza touts a dozen gas pumps, clean restrooms and made-to-order meals for travelers visiting California's Eastern Sierra.
David A. Lieb. Washington Times. Sat, 30 Jul 2022 10:06:53 -0400.
Copyright © 2008-2022 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
Travel News Articles