The world is a diverse and exciting place to explore and taking the time
to travel provides a welcome change from our everyday lives. News
articles about places of interest can spark enthusiasm for new
and provide needed guidance when planning a trip.
Travel news can provide inspiration, planning help, and a variety of
travel mode, accommodation, and destination options for a getaway.
Technology has made it easier than ever to access relevant information,
advisories, and trip guides.
Browse the headlines below to find the latest travel-related news from around the world.
- EU is set to agree to allow in British tourists who can prove they've had Covid jabs
The EU is expected to sign off on plans for people from Britain who have had both jabs to fly anywhere in Europe without having to quarantine on their arrival or show a negative Covid test.
Daily Mail. Tue, 18 May 2021 00:22:09 GMT.
- EU extends sanctions framework for cyber-attacks, including against Russians
The Council of the EU recalled that "sanctions currently apply to eight individuals and four entities, and include an asset freeze and a travel ban
Tass. Tue, 18 May 2021 01:37:26 +0300.
- Holidaying Brits touch down in Portugal: 'It feels unreal'
Leisure travel from England, Scotland and Wales, to a select number of countries, is now allowed.
BBC News. Mon, 17 May 2021 18:20:12 GMT.
- Gretchen Whitmer's Florida trip: company that flew governor not authorized for charter flights, FAA says
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is facing a new round of questions about a much-criticized trip to Florida after revelations that the air travel company she chartered for the flight wasn't actually authorized to perform charter flights.
Houston Keene. Fox News. Mon, 17 May 2021 17:22:49 GMT.
- India variant: Why was India not put on the red list sooner?
India was put on the travel ban list two weeks after Pakistan and Bangladesh.
BBC News. Mon, 17 May 2021 16:55:54 GMT.
- Tourism sector suffers collapse of casual employee workforce
Lack of casual staff is hampering the recovery for many regional tourism businesses.
Benjamin Preiss. Sydney Morning Herald. Mon, 17 May 2021 23:55:00 +1000.
- In pictures: England celebrates as hugs, indoor pints, overnight stays and foreign travel return
It's a day we've been waiting for as people in England can once again enjoy some basic freedoms denied by the coronavirus pandemic.
Sky News. Mon, 17 May 2021 14:08:00 +0100.
- Gol Linhas (GOL) Sales Rise 75% in April on Improving Demand
Gol Linhas' (GOL) daily sales volumes surge 75% month over month in April as air-travel demand continues to recover in Brazil. Load factor in the month was strong at 83%.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 17 May 2021 13:04:00 GMT.
- Many Stranded As Flights From Tajikistan To Russia Delayed
Hundreds of travelers have been stranded for several days at airports in Tajikistan's two largest cities after flights to Russia on the Nordwind airline were put on hold.
Radio Liberty. Mon, 17 May 2021 11:44:46 +0000.
- Saudi Arabia eases travel ban for vaccinated citizens
Kingdom has vaccinated close to 11.5 million residents with at least one jab of COVID-19 vaccines.
Al Jazeera. Mon, 17 May 2021 11:06:21 +0000.
- Singapore, Hong Kong Delay Travel Bubble Again As Covid Infections Jump
Singapore and Hong Kong has again delayed the launch of an air travel bubble (ATB) between the two cities following a spike in unlinked Covid-19 infections in Singapore that triggered stricter social distancing measures in the city-state.
By Jonathan Burgos, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 17 May 2021 06:40:24 -0400.
- Selfie on boat kills seven tourists in Indonesia
Seven tourists drowned after an overloaded boat captained by a 13-year-old capsized in a reservoir in Java, Indonesia.Police said the accident happened on Saturday when all 20 passengers moved to one side of the boat to take a ...
New Zealand Herald. Mon, 17 May 2021 11:32:25 +1200.
- From India, Brazil and Beyond: Pandemic Refugees at the Border
Fleeing virus-devastated economies, migrants are traveling long distances to reach the United States and then walking through gaps in the border wall. The Arizona desert has become a favorite crossing point.
Miriam Jordan. New York Times. Sun, 16 May 2021 15:29:43 +0000.
- UK readies for major reopening but new variant sparks worry
Travelers in England are packing their bags, bartenders are polishing their glasses and theater performers are warming up as Britain prepared for a major step out of lockdown
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Sun, 16 May 2021 12:45:03 GMT.
- Chris Long poses as airline on Twitter to troll Texans RB Mark Ingram II
Chris Long makes light of Mark Ingram's travel troubles by changing his account name and profile picture to mimic the airline's social media account
ESPN. Fri, 14 May 2021 20:16:04 EST.
- NHL wants Canada border answer by June 1
The NHL has told the Canadian government that it needs an answer on the Stanley Cup playoffs' border travel issue by June 1.
ESPN. Fri, 14 May 2021 13:49:46 EST.
- Alaska Airlines Announces Plans for Fleet Growth and Route Expansion
Orders for 30 additional mainline and regional aircraft for flying after recovery; Belize becomes newest international destination added for leisure travelers.
Travel Industry Wire. 2021-05-13 15:11:28 EST.
- Republican congressman hits out after being confronted for likening capitol riot to tourist visit
- South Africa's notorious Hillbrow neighbourhood catches on with tourists
The city is home to the Constitution hill, now the site of the South African Constitutional Court. It is a symbol of hope and democracy. Hillbrow also provides incredible views over the city for tourists to relish.
AfricaNews. Thu, 13 May 2021 15:25:35 +0000.
- Sens. Steve Daines, Amy Klobuchar to FTC: Protect Americans against travel scams
A pair of senators told the Federal Trade Commission on Thursday to protect Americans against travel scams as vaccinated persons splurge on big trips. Sen. Steve Daines, Montana Republican, and Sen. ...
Tom Howell Jr.. Washington Times. Thu, 13 May 2021 09:15:20 -0400.