- Donald Trump boasts of speaking to Vladimir Putin about oil price collapse, trade
President Donald Trump Trump told Fox News interviewers Monday his next call was to Russian President Vladimir Putin, with an oil price war and trade on the agenda.
Daily Mail. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 19:15:30 GMT.
- 'They both went crazy': Oil falls to 18-year lows, Trump intervenes in Saudi Arabia-Russia stoush
Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin agreed during a phone call to have their top energy officials meet as oil slumps to 18-year lows on the back of a stoush between Saudi Arabia and Russia.
Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 05:59:22 +1100.
- Russia split over reform that would let Putin rule until 2036
Russia is sharply divided over a constitutional change that would allow President Vladimir Putin to extend his rule until 2036, an opinion poll published yesterday has found.
Irish Independent. Sat, 28 Mar 2020 02:30:00 +0000.
- Putin dons hazmat suit, as Russia admits virus numbers likely far higher
Russia's President Vladimir Putin donned a hazmat suit to visit a hospital housing coronavirus patients in Moscow, as Russia admitted its numbers were likely much higher.
ABC News. Tue, 24 Mar 2020 16:28:53 -0400.
- Coronavirus: New Challenges For Russia And Putin
Coronavirus is testing leaders around the globe. President Vladimir Putin of Russia faces a special set of challenges.
By James Rodgers, Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 21 Mar 2020 12:12:14 +0000.
- Putin is being protected from coronavirus around the clock, Kremlin says
Russian President Vladimir Putin is being protected from coronavirus around the clock, the Kremlin said on Wednesday, Reuters reported.
CNBC. Wed, 18 Mar 2020 12:15:13 GMT.
- Putin takes a big step closer to being Russia's president beyond 2024
Russia's parliament backed changes to the constitution Wednesday that would allow President Vladimir Putin to run for president again in 2024.
CNBC. Wed, 11 Mar 2020 13:57:14 GMT.
- Reuters: Russian parliament backs changes allowing Putin to run again for president
The Russian lower house of parliament on March 11 gave its definitive and overwhelming approval to constitutional changes that allow Vladimir Putin to run for president again in 2024, something the current constitution forbids. ...
Helen Mukhina. Kyiv Post. Wed, 11 Mar 2020 09:28:34 +0000.
- U.S. officials brief Congress on election security
Top U.S. officials briefed Congress on election security Tuesday, telling lawmakers they had "nothing to support" the notion that Russian President Vladimir Putin favored one candidate or another.
CBS News. Tue, 10 Mar 2020 20:10:00 -0400.
- Putin Backs Term Limit Freeze Allowing Him to Stay in Office
Russian President Vladimir Putin revealed his tightly guarded political plans Tuesday and supported a constitutional amendment that would allow him to seek reelection in 2024 by restarting the term count. ...
Newsmax. Tue, 10 Mar 2020 17:52:15 EDT.
- Russia And Turkey Agree To Syria Cease-Fire, But Idlib's Agony Is Far From Over
Turkey and Russia agreed to the cease-fire after Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan met on Thursday in Moscow.
Alice Fordham. NPR. Thu, 05 Mar 2020 15:15:00 -0500.
- Erdogan and Putin's tense meeting in Moscow
Turkey's President Erdogan met with Russian President Vladimir Putin to discuss a possible ceasefire in Syria.
BBC News. Thu, 05 Mar 2020 18:35:33 GMT.
- Putin wants Russian constitution to ban gay marriage
Russian President Vladimir Putin wants to explicitly define marriage as a "union of a man and a woman."
CBS News. Tue, 03 Mar 2020 14:10:44 -0500.
- Vladislav Surkov: Russia's Putin dismisses secretive adviser
Russian President Vladimir Putin dismisses one of his closest advisers, Vladislav Surkov.
BBC News. Tue, 18 Feb 2020 20:49:03 GMT.
- Putin's moves leave Russian opposition with few options
MOSCOW (AP) - Russian President Vladimir Putin played it differently this time. ...
Daria Litvinova. Washington Times. Sat, 18 Jan 2020 02:53:23 -0500.
- Putin's political gambit suggests plan to rule Russia forever
Russia's risk-averse political system seems set for a big shake-up, with proposed constitutional changes that appear to ensure that Vladimir Putin will hold power indefinitely.
CBC News. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 09:40:33 EST.
- Analyst: Putin Proposes Changes that Could Help Keep Him in Power After 2024
In a major speech Wednesday Russian President Vladimir Putin announces constitutional changes.
Voice of America. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 03:03:42 -0500.
- Putin opens railway bridge to Crimea
MOSCOW (AP) - Russian President Vladimir Putin has inaugurated a massive railway bridge to Crimea, which Russia annexed from Ukraine in 2014. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 23 Dec 2019 06:38:20 -0500.
- Putin talks Trump impeachment, climate in annual conference
Russian President Vladimir Putin says impeachment of US leader is based on fabricated reasons, lashes out at Democrats.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 19 Dec 2019 13:30:35 GMT.
- See creepy deepfake Vladimir Putin interviewed live at MIT conference - CNET
MIT Technology Review editor shows off deepfake tech that can be used in real time. Hope you speak Russian.
Corinne Reichert. CNET. Wed, 18 Sep 2019 21:21:00 +0000.