- A Letter To Putin Leads To Strangers' Gifts And Neighbors' Anger
Twelve-year-old Tasya wrote to Vladimir Putin in December, asking the president to help her overworked mother. After RFE/RL reported on her story, strangers sent money and gifts to the family. ...
Radio Liberty. Fri, 22 Mar 2019 13:05:00 +0000.
- Vladimir Putin appoints kickboxer to head Russian region
The new governor's academic record leaves much to be desired
Oliver Carroll. The Independent. Wed, 20 Mar 2019 17:12:00 +0000.
- Russian top senator says several governors may resign in coming month
According to Russian media, President Vladimir Putin is set to sack a number of governors soon
Tass. Wed, 20 Mar 2019 00:27:18 +0300.
- Russian striker's comments on black players 'smell of racism', says Putin adviser
An aid to Russian president Vladimir Putin condemns Pavel Pogrebnyak after he said it was "laughable" to have a black player in the Russian national team.
BBC News. Tue, 19 Mar 2019 08:58:23 GMT.
- Vladimir Putin announces new online censorship laws as he visits Crimea
President Vladimir Putin has signed into law tough new fines for Russians who spread what the authorities regard as fake news or who show 'blatant disrespect' for the state online.
Daily Mail. Tue, 19 Mar 2019 02:47:29 +0000.
- Russia Criminalizes The Spread Of Online News Which 'Disrespects' The Government
President Vladimir Putin signed the new law, which allows punishment of individuals with fines and jail time for the spread of "fake news."
Shannon Van Sant. NPR. Mon, 18 Mar 2019 18:57:00 -0400.
- Putin in Crimea as Russia Marks Five Years Since Annexation
Russian President Vladimir Putin flew into Crimea on Monday to celebrate the fifth anniversary of Moscow's annexation of the strategic peninsula from Ukraine which was condemned by the West but remains popular among Russians. ...
Yahoo. Mon, 18 Mar 2019 16:38:04 -0400.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin visits Crimea to mark 5th anniversary of annexation
Russian President Vladimir Putin marked the fifth anniversary of Russia's annexation of Crimea from Ukraine by visiting the Black Sea peninsula on Monday, as NATO and the European Union once again strongly condemned the land ...
New Zealand Herald. Tue, 19 Mar 2019 06:51:44 +1200.
- Putin courts Russian business, keeps mum on jailed US exec
Russian President Vladimir Putin has promised that the government will do more to encourage investments and reduce business risks.
Fox News. Thu, 14 Mar 2019 16:33:05 GMT.
- WATCH: Across the Pond: Mass ISIS surrender
Plus, Vladimir Putin celebrates International Women's Day and Queen Elizabeth joins Instagram.
ABC News. Fri, 08 Mar 2019 08:55:22 -0500.
- Russia's Putin rides horse with female police ahead of International Women's Day
President Vladimir Putin mounted a horse on Thursday and cantered with female police officers in footage broadcast across Russia ahead of International Women's Day.
Reuters. Thu, 07 Mar 2019 11:11:31 -0500.
- Putin signs decree suspending Russia's nuclear treaty with US
President Vladimir Putin has signed a decree suspending Russia's participation in the Cold War-era Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces Treaty with the United States, the Kremlin said yesterday.
Irish Independent. Tue, 05 Mar 2019 02:30:00 +0000.
- Adm. Mullen: Putin 'Most Dangerous' Man on Earth
His threat amplified by renewed missile threats to America, Russia's President Vladimir Putin is "the most dangerous guy on the planet," according to former Chief of U.S. Naval Operations Adm. Mike Mullen on Monday.
Newsmax. Mon, 04 Mar 2019 19:45:29 EDT.
- Russia officially suspends INF Treaty with US
Vladimir Putin signs decree suspending Russia's obligations under key nuclear arms pact with US.
Al Jazeera. Mon, 04 Mar 2019 17:00:58 GMT.
- US investor's firm appeals to Putin over jailing
MOSCOW (AP) - The firm managed by jailed U.S. investor Michael Calvey has appealed to Russian President Vladimir Putin to take "personal control" of a fraud case against him and his colleagues. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 25 Feb 2019 06:12:31 -0500.
- Putin warns U.S. against putting missiles in Europe
Russian President Vladimir Putin sternly warned the United States against deploying new missiles in Europe, saying Wednesday that Russia will retaliate by fielding new weapons that will take just as little time to reach their targets.
CBS News. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 15:00:27 +0000.
- Israeli Official: Netanyahu-Putin Meeting in Moscow Delayed
An Israeli government official says a planned meeting in Moscow between Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Russian President Vladimir Putin has been postponed. ...
Voice of America. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 09:47:40 -0500.
- Putin warns of retaliation if US places missiles in Europe
Vladimir Putin has warned Moscow will match any US move to deploy nuclear missiles closer to Russia by placing its own missiles closer to the US or by deploying new, faster missiles.
Sky News. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 13:55:00 +0000.
- Putin says U.S. will be targeted if its missiles are deployed in Europe
Russian President Vladimir Putin sternly warns the United States against deploying new missiles in Europe, saying Russia will retaliate by fielding new weapons that will take just as little time to reach their targets.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 08:21:00 EST.
- Putin threatens to target the US if it deploys missiles in Europe
President Vladimir Putin warned of a resolute response if the U.S. decides to station missiles in neighboring countries to Russia.
CNBC. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 11:12 GMT.