- White House says has no indication Russia is preparing to use nuclear weapons
President Vladimir Putin has rattled the nuclear sabre over his seven-month invasion of Ukraine.
Straits Times. Wed, 05 Oct 2022 07:47:48 +0800.
- Retired general suggests threat of a 'nuclear response' by US could deter Russia
Russian autocrat Vladimir Putin has alarmed global leaders and officials with his increasingly forward threats to use nuclear weapons in his illegal invasion of Ukraine.
Daily Mail. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 19:34:21 +0100.
- No plans to announce mobilization in Belarus, president reiterates
On September 21, the Russian president Vladimir Putin announced a partial mobilization
Tass. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 15:33:08 +0300.
- Siberian Anti-Putin Shaman's Forced Psychiatric Care Extended Again
A court in the Far East has again extended the forced detention in a psychiatric clinic of a Yakut shaman who became known across Russia for his attempts to march to Moscow to drive President Vladimir Putin out of the Kremlin.
Radio Liberty. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 12:31:44 +0000.
- What's Putin thinking? Tough to know for nuclear analysts
Trying to figure out what Russian President Vladimir Putin is thinking is tough for Kremlin watchers who want to know whether he is bluffing with his nuclear threats
John Leicester. The Independent. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 06:46:11 GMT.
- Ukrainian troops recapture strategic city in the east
Ukrainian troops recaptured a strategic city in the country's east, as Russian President Vladimir Putin used an illegal referendum to annex four territories. ...
CBS News. Mon, 03 Oct 2022 15:26:10 -0400.
- Russia-Ukraine war: More territory reclaimed in southern Kherson region
Ukrainian forces have broken through Russian defences in the strategic southern Kherson region, an achievement that delivers a sharp blow to one of the four areas in Ukraine that Russian President Vladimir Putin annexed last ...
New Zealand Herald. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 06:02:57 +1200.
- Ukraine makes gains in Kherson days after Russia announced annexation
Ukrainian forces have captured more villages in Kherson, Volodymyr Zelenskyy has said, just days after Vladimir Putin claimed the region as part of Russia.
Sky News. Mon, 03 Oct 2022 11:31:00 +0100.
- McMaster on Putin threat: 'If you use a nuclear weapon, it's a suicide weapon'
Former national security adviser H.R. McMaster on Sunday cautioned Russian President Vladimir Putin against carrying out his threat of a nuclear attack, saying it would be a "suicide weapon" for him. McMaster, a retired U.S. ...
Brad Dress. The Hill. Sun, 02 Oct 2022 17:12:58 +0000.
- Putin celebrates annexation of Ukrainian territory as Russian forces retreat from frontline
Russian President Vladimir Putin held a rally to celebrate the annexation of portions of Ukraine. However, none of the territories are under full Russian military control, and Putin's forces have been retreating. Charlie D'Agata has more.
CBS News. Sun, 02 Oct 2022 02:56:10 -0400.
- Russian Consulate in New York vandalized with red paint
Manhattan's Upper East Side residents react after the Russian Consulate in New York was vandalized with red spray paint early Friday, in an apparent protest as President Vladimir Putin pursues his bloody invasion of Ukraine.
AfricaNews. Sat, 01 Oct 2022 17:33:04 +0000.
- Putin illegally annexes four parts of Ukraine
Russian President Vladimir Putin has illegally annexed four parts of Ukraine.
Sydney Morning Herald. Sat, 01 Oct 2022 07:20:41 +1000.
- Putin declares Ukrainian regions part of Russia, defies West
Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed treaties to annex parts of Ukraine, defying international law.
Ap. ABC News. Fri, 30 Sep 2022 17:02:01 +0000.
- Ukraine war: US will never recognise Russia's annexation attempts, Biden vows
Within hours, Vladimir Putin is expected to declare that four Ukrainian regions are joining Russia.
BBC News. Fri, 30 Sep 2022 01:29:28 GMT.
- Pennsylvania Democrat blames Putin for inflation despite price increases prior to Ukraine invasion
Rep. Susan Wild, D-Pa., claims Russian President Vladimir Putin is responsible for inflation woes in America, despite warnings last year that America's economy was struggling.
Kyle Morris. Fox News. Wed, 28 Sep 2022 18:48:34 GMT.
- What if Vladimir Putin used nuclear weapons in Ukraine?
Experts are not convinced the Russian leader would use nukes, but here are possible scenarios that could unfold.
Al Jazeera. Sat, 24 Sep 2022 07:08:22 +0000.
- No More Illusions: Putin Bets It All in Ukraine
Russian President Vladimir Putin had wanted a war on the cheap in Ukraine. But he has now called for mobilization. The move is incredibly dangerous, not least for Putin himself.
Spiegel Online. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 20:48:36 +0200.
- Silvio Berlusconi: Ex-PM defends Russian war on eve of Italian election
Italy's former PM said Vladimir Putin wanted to replace the Kyiv government with "decent people".
BBC News. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 10:20:48 GMT.
- Russians Rush for Flights Out After Partial Mobilization Announced
Numerous Russians have rushed to reserve one-way tickets out of the country after President Vladimir Putin decreed a partial mobilization of military reservists for the war in Ukraine. ...
Voice of America. Thu, 22 Sep 2022 08:00:29 -0400.
- Vladimir Putin When Cornered Is More Dangerous Than Ever
In a major speech, he recast the war in Ukraine and made clear it could spread.
Roger Cohen. New York Times. Thu, 22 Sep 2022 10:52:27 +0000.