- Vladimir Putin denies years of rumours that he uses body doubles
Vladimir Putin was asked to confirm or deny years of rumours that he uses body doubles to avoid being assassinated, claiming that he was advised to do it back in 2000 but turned down the idea.
Daily Mail. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 15:02:54 GMT.
- Rep. Ratcliffe: Schiff Has Helped Putin 'Sow Seeds Of Discord'
Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., has done more than anyone else to help Russian President Vladimir Putin "sow seeds of discord" in America, Rep. ...
Newsmax. Sun, 23 Feb 2020 13:41:38 EDT.
- UNIAN: Putin says there is always hope to be friends with Ukraine
Russian President Vladimir Putin has said Russia and Ukraine are not friends anymore, but he hopes for an agreement with his Ukrainian counterpart Volodymyr Zelensky on improving relations between the two countries. Read more here. ...
Helen Mukhina. Kyiv Post. Fri, 21 Feb 2020 11:16:15 +0000.
- Putin jettisons hardliner who fuelled conflict in Ukraine
Vladimir Putin has fired the hardline adviser who directed the Kremlin campaign that fuelled separatism in Ukraine.
Irish Independent. Thu, 20 Feb 2020 02:30:00 +0000.
- Vladislav Surkov: Russia's Putin dismisses secretive adviser
Russian President Vladimir Putin dismisses one of his closest advisers, Vladislav Surkov.
BBC News. Tue, 18 Feb 2020 20:49:03 GMT.
- Netanyahu to bring U.S.-Israeli woman pardoned by Putin back to Israel
Naama Issachar was behind bars for alleged drug trafficking since April; her release came ahead of talks between Vladimir Putin and Benjamin Netanyahu.
CBS News. Thu, 30 Jan 2020 06:30:00 -0500.
- Why is Vladimir Putin racing to amend Russia's constitution?
Russians try to puzzle out what Vladimir Putin is trying to do as the Kremlin pushes through changes to Russia's constitution at breakneck speed.
ABC News. Sat, 25 Jan 2020 07:32:30 -0500.
- Russia gets new government in what Putin calls a major shake-up
Last week, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced that there will be plans for constitutional reforms, prompting the resignation of long time ally Dmitry Medvedev, along with his government. A new government was formed on Tuesday.
CNBC. Tue, 21 Jan 2020 18:49:46 GMT.
- Putin's moves leave Russian opposition with few options
MOSCOW (AP) - Russian President Vladimir Putin played it differently this time. ...
Daria Litvinova. Washington Times. Sat, 18 Jan 2020 02:53:23 -0500.
- Putin's political gambit suggests plan to rule Russia forever
Russia's risk-averse political system seems set for a big shake-up, with proposed constitutional changes that appear to ensure that Vladimir Putin will hold power indefinitely.
CBC News. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 09:40:33 EST.
- Analyst: Putin Proposes Changes that Could Help Keep Him in Power After 2024
In a major speech Wednesday Russian President Vladimir Putin announces constitutional changes.
Voice of America. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 03:03:42 -0500.
- Putin's cabinet resigns after proposed changes to Russia's constitution
Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev have announced he and the entire Russian government were stepping down. The announcement came hours after President Vladimir Putin announced sweeping constitutional changes. Charlie D'Agata reports.
CBS News. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 19:35:02 -0500.
- Entire Russian government resigns after Vladimir Putin speech
The unexpected announcement came shortly after Putin proposed a nationwide vote on sweeping changes that would shift power from the presidency to parliament.
Bevan Shields. Sydney Morning Herald. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 02:50:27 +1100.
- Russian government resigns as Putin plans future
The surprise move came after President Vladimir Putin announced plans to change the constitution.
BBC News. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 15:15:10 GMT.
- Russia is leading the world with its weapons, Putin claims
Russian President Vladimir Putin added that Russia is not a threat.
CNBC. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 13:26:27 GMT.
- Putin opens railway bridge to Crimea
MOSCOW (AP) - Russian President Vladimir Putin has inaugurated a massive railway bridge to Crimea, which Russia annexed from Ukraine in 2014. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 23 Dec 2019 06:38:20 -0500.
- Vladimir Putin Backs Trump, Calling Impeachment Charges 'Completely Made Up'
The Russian president said so Thursday during his annual marathon news conference in Moscow. During the year-end event, Putin also suggested that Russia's presidential term limits "could be removed."
Colin Dwyer. NPR. Thu, 19 Dec 2019 12:09:02 -0500.
- Putin talks Trump impeachment, climate in annual conference
Russian President Vladimir Putin says impeachment of US leader is based on fabricated reasons, lashes out at Democrats.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 19 Dec 2019 13:30:35 GMT.
- Greta Thunberg mocks jibes by Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump
Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg has responded with a quiet but sharp sense of humour to comments made by Russian President Vladimir Putin.
The Local. Fri, 04 Oct 2019 16:26:17 +0200.
- See creepy deepfake Vladimir Putin interviewed live at MIT conference - CNET
MIT Technology Review editor shows off deepfake tech that can be used in real time. Hope you speak Russian.
Corinne Reichert. CNET. Wed, 18 Sep 2019 21:21:00 +0000.