- Russia claims to have contained huge oil spill after Arctic river turns red
Vladimir Putin chastises billionaire owner of power plant for negligence
Samuel Osborne. The Independent. Fri, 05 Jun 2020 17:58:32 GMT.
- Putin chides Nornickel, orders law change after Arctic fuel spill
Russian President Vladimir Putin chided the billionaire boss of Norilsk Nickel on Friday over a huge Arctic fuel spill and ordered changes to the law to try to prevent such a disaster from happening again.
Reuters. Fri, 05 Jun 2020 12:26:06 -0400.
- Putin declares a state of emergency after 20,000 tons of diesel oil leak into Arctic river due to climate change
Vladimir Putin declared a state of emergency after more than 20,000 tons of diesel fuel spilled into a river in the Russian Arctic. ...
Yahoo. Thu, 04 Jun 2020 14:50:00 -0400.
- Russia oil spill into Arctic river spurs Putin to declare state of emergency after 20,000 tons leak
A state of emergency has been declared by Russian President Vladimir Putin after tens of thousands of diesel fuel leaked into a river within the Arctic Circle
Travis Fedschun. Fox News. Thu, 04 Jun 2020 18:00:56 GMT.
- Decision To Place Anti-Putin Shaman In Psychiatric Clinic Challenged
A Siberian court ruling placing in a psychiatric clinic a Siberian shaman who gained notoriety for claiming to want to remove President Vladimir Putin from power has been challenged by several Russian lawmakers.
Radio Liberty. Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:04:32 +0000.
- Putin declares state of emergency after major Arctic Circle oil spill
Russian president Vladimir Putin has declared a state of emergency after 20,000 tonnes of diesel fuel spilled into a river within the Arctic Circle from a power plant.
Sky News. Thu, 04 Jun 2020 08:21:00 +0100.
- Donald Trump demands G7 have Vladimir Putin 'in the room' for summit
President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he wants his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin present when he hosts a gathering of world leaders later this year for a G7 summit.
Daily Mail. Thu, 04 Jun 2020 01:41:53 GMT.
- Azerbaijani military to take part in Victory Day parade in Moscow
Earlier, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced during a session with Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu that the Victory Day parade would take place in Russia on June 24
Tass. Wed, 03 Jun 2020 18:54:01 +0300.
- Putin Sets New Date for Vote on Extending His Rule
His political program and ratings derailed by the coronavirus, President Vladimir Putin of Russia is pushing to get back on track.
Andrew Higgins. New York Times. Tue, 02 Jun 2020 13:25:20 +0000.
- G7 leaders reject Russia's return after Trump summit invite
The UK and Canada oppose Russia's readmission, as Donald Trump invites Vladimir Putin to a summit.
BBC News. Tue, 02 Jun 2020 01:24:04 GMT.
- Trump says he had a "very good talk" about Mueller report, Venezuela with Putin
President Trump and Russian president Vladimir Putin have spoken for the first time since the release of the Mueller report. Mr. Trump said he and Putin discussed several matters including the Russia probe. ...
CBS News. Fri, 22 May 2020 19:26:54 -0400.
- Durbin says Trump gets "totally dazzled" when talking to Putin
Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin, D-Illinois, joins Margaret Brennan to discuss President Trump's phone call with Russian President Vladimir Putin and Attorney General William Barr's testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee.
CBS News. Fri, 22 May 2020 19:12:41 -0400.
- US sends 200 ventilators to Russia as crisis deepens, hopes for 'better relationship'
The U.S. is to send 200 ventilators to Russia after President Vladimir Putin called President Trump to ask for help, the U.S. State Department told CNBC.
CNBC. Wed, 20 May 2020 09:01:06 GMT.
- Covid 19 coronavirus hits world superpowers as some look to reopen
As health officials issued warnings on Tuesday against reopening economies too quickly, the coronavirus struck inside some of the world's superpowers, with a top aide to Russian President Vladimir Putin diagnosed just days after ...
New Zealand Herald. Wed, 13 May 2020 10:09:30 +1200.
- Trump offers Russia assistance as its coronavirus cases soar
President Trump spoke with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday to commemorate the 1945 Allied victory over Nazi Germany and discuss efforts to combat the novel coronavirus.Trump said he was prepared to ...
Morgan Chalfant. The Hill. Thu, 07 May 2020 15:26:06 +0000.
- Mikhail Mishustin, Russian prime minister, has coronavirus
MOSCOW - Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin says he has tested positive for the new coronavirus and has told President Vladimir Putin he will self-isolate. ...
Washington Times. Thu, 30 Apr 2020 16:33:22 -0400.
- Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin tells Putin he has coronavirus
Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin told President Vladimir Putin on Thursday that he had been diagnosed with the new coronavirus and was temporarily stepping down to recover. ...
CNBC. Thu, 30 Apr 2020 19:17:52 GMT.
- Vladimir Putin, Christopher Steele networked with oligarchs
A newly declassified section of a Justice Department inspector general's report shows not only that the Kremlin fed disinformation for the anti-Trump dossier but also that Vladimir Putin was in a good position to know about it. ...
Rowan Scarborough. Washington Times. Wed, 15 Apr 2020 21:10:52 -0400.
- 'They both went crazy': Oil falls to 18-year lows, Trump intervenes in Saudi Arabia-Russia stoush
Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin agreed during a phone call to have their top energy officials meet as oil slumps to 18-year lows on the back of a stoush between Saudi Arabia and Russia.
Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 05:59:22 +1100.
- Russia split over reform that would let Putin rule until 2036
Russia is sharply divided over a constitutional change that would allow President Vladimir Putin to extend his rule until 2036, an opinion poll published yesterday has found.
Irish Independent. Sat, 28 Mar 2020 02:30:00 +0000.