- Putin to U.S.: I'm ready for another Cuban Missile-style crisis if you want one
Russian President Vladimir Putin said Russia is militarily ready for a Cuban Missile-style crisis if the United States wanted one and threatened to place hypersonic nuclear missiles on ships or submarines near U.S. territorial waters.
Reuters. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 20:27:45 -0500.
- Vladimir Putin says he is ready for a new Cuban Missile crisis if Donald Trump wants one
Putin said Russia is militarily ready for a Cuban Missile-style crisis if Trump is foolish enough to want one - and that his missiles could reach the US faster that theirs could hit Moscow.
Daily Mail. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 17:17:52 GMT.
- Putin says Russia would be 'OK' with another Cuban Missile Crisis-level confrontation with the US
Vladimir Putin told Russian media that the country doesn't want another Cuban Missile Crisis, but "welcomes" it if "someone wants that" amid rising nuclear tensions.
Anna Hopkins. Fox News. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 16:36:36 GMT.
- I'll aim new missiles at US cities, warns Putin
Vladimir Putin has said Russia will train its new nuclear weapons on America if the US deploys missiles to Europe following the demise of a major arms control treaty.
Irish Independent. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 02:30:00 +0000.
- Putin says his calls for US to calculate range and speed of Russian weapons "not a threat"
Russian President Vladimir Putin said that it was rather a proposal to consider possible consequences
Tass. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 23:27:20 +0300.
- Vladimir Putin warns Russia will target US with missiles in retaliatory move
Russia will respond to any US deployment of short or intermediate-range nuclear weapons in Europe by targeting not only the countries where they are stationed, but the United States itself, President Vladimir Putin says.In his ...
New Zealand Herald. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 07:20:57 +1200.
- Putin threatens to target West with new missiles
Russian President Vladimir Putin threatened to deploy new missiles against Western capitals as he delivered a state of the nation address Wednesday aimed at boosting falling approval ratings. ...
Yahoo. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 11:38:19 -0500.
- Five Takeaways From Putin's State-Of-The-Nation Address
With his public approval rating down, President Vladimir Putin has promised to spend huge sums of money on improving Russians' welfare. Critics ask where those funds will come from.
Radio Liberty. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 16:19:21 +0000.
- Putin warns U.S. against putting missiles in Europe
Russian President Vladimir Putin sternly warned the United States against deploying new missiles in Europe, saying Wednesday that Russia will retaliate by fielding new weapons that will take just as little time to reach their targets.
CBS News. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 15:00:27 +0000.
- Israeli Official: Netanyahu-Putin Meeting in Moscow Delayed
An Israeli government official says a planned meeting in Moscow between Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Russian President Vladimir Putin has been postponed. ...
Voice of America. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 09:47:40 -0500.
- Putin warns of retaliation if US places missiles in Europe
Vladimir Putin has warned Moscow will match any US move to deploy nuclear missiles closer to Russia by placing its own missiles closer to the US or by deploying new, faster missiles.
Sky News. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 13:55:00 +0000.
- Putin says U.S. will be targeted if its missiles are deployed in Europe
Russian President Vladimir Putin sternly warns the United States against deploying new missiles in Europe, saying Russia will retaliate by fielding new weapons that will take just as little time to reach their targets.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 08:21:00 EST.
- Putin threatens to target the US if it deploys missiles in Europe
President Vladimir Putin warned of a resolute response if the U.S. decides to station missiles in neighboring countries to Russia.
CNBC. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 11:12 GMT.
- Bloomberg: Putin promises Russians to improve living standards this year
President Vladimir Putin promised Russians will see an improvement in living standards in 2019, seeking to reassure the population after years of stagnant or falling real incomes that have sharply dented his popularity. Read more here. ...
Anastasia Shepeleva. Kyiv Post. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 10:58:43 +0000.
- Putin: Russia Will Target US If It Puts Missiles in Europe
President Vladimir Putin signaled Russia will aim new weapons at the U.S. if it stations missiles in Europe after quitting a landmark Cold-War-era treaty, amid growing fears of a new arms race.
Newsmax. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 06:43:15 EDT.
- Putin to give annual address as popularity slides
MOSCOW (AFP) - Russian President Vladimir Putin will deliver his annual state of the nation address on Wednesday (Feb 20) as he faces an unprecedented fall in his approval ratings.
Straits Times. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 10:49:32 +0800.
- Did President Trump say "I believe Putin"?
Andrew McCabe says an FBI official told him in a briefing that Trump said he believed Vladimir Putin over U.S. intelligence regarding North Korean ballistic missile capability
CBS News. Mon, 18 Feb 2019 01:13:26 +0000.
- Thirty years on, Soviet war in Afghanistan continues to divide Russia
Vladimir Putin has overseen effort to rehabilitate view of war in Russians' eyes
Oliver Carroll. The Independent. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 17:49:00 +0000.
- Russia Says It Will Build New Missile Systems Within 2 Years
The U.S. said last week it would stop abiding by the Cold War treaty banning intermediate-range nuclear missiles. "Our response will be symmetrical," Russian President Vladimir Putin said.
Matthew S. Schwartz. NPR. Wed, 06 Feb 2019 06:52:53 -0500.
- WATCH: Vladimir Putin promised that Russia is developing new intermediate range weapons
Russia's announcement comes just one day after the U.S. said it will withdraw from the intermediate range nuclear forces treaty.
ABC News. Sat, 02 Feb 2019 20:00:02 -0500.