Many people rely on a daily weather forecast to help them plan their
day. Often, an accurate weather forecast is crucial for traveling,
event planning, or for those who are pilots, boaters, or outdoor
workers. In addition to short term forecasts, weather news also
provides a bigger picture of changing climate conditions and issues like
erosion, flooding, hurricanes, tornados, and other natural
disasters. Technology has made accessing weather forecasts,
satellite and radar images, and regional travel advisories easier than
Browse the headlines below to find the latest information on
current weather news and events from around the globe.
|Click this weather map
thumbnail to display
a large weather map.
- National Weather Service
Weather news and information from the US Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Brisbane to record up to 70mm, severe storm warning for Qld
Up to 70 millimetres of rain could drench Brisbane by Tuesday afternoon as a surface trough brings thunderstorms south through the region.
Cloe Read. Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 08:06:18 +1100.
- 'It felt like a holiday': Pub-goers freed after days trapped inside Britain's highest inn
It was a lock-in of all lock-ins. Karaoke, board games, drinks and a Sunday roast – what more could you ask for when the snow is seven feet-high outside?
Sky News. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 19:28:00 +0000.
- Snow blankets Britain as far south as Hampshire ahead of the coldest night of winter so far
A blanket of snow now covers Britain as far south as Hampshire on the coldest night of winter so far.
Daily Mail. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 02:09:04 +0000.
- Snowstorm Leaves 61 Stranded in Remote U.K. Pub
A crowd had gathered on Friday night to listen to Noasis, an Oasis tribute band. On Sunday night, patrons, band members and staff members were still stuck.
Alyssa Lukpat. New York Times. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 00:21:20 +0000.
- WATCH: Strong winds kick up sands in UK
Winds rushing over a beach in southwest England created a mesmerizing pattern in the sand.
ABC News. Sun, 28 Nov 2021 16:30:34 -0500.
- UK weather: Snow and ice warning in wake of Storm Arwen
Severe weather disrupts transport and causes power cuts and damage to buildings
Grace Almond. The Independent. Sun, 28 Nov 2021 18:09:32 GMT.
- Snow brings disruption - and delight
As Storm Arwen moves on, bitterly cold temperatures bring snow to many parts of the UK.
BBC News. Sun, 28 Nov 2021 16:55:50 GMT.
- Storm Arwen: Dark Hedges trees brought down by strong winds
A local campaigner, who visits the area weekly, says two trees were brought down in overnight winds.
BBC News. Sat, 27 Nov 2021 18:03:55 GMT.
- Sebastian Aho scores twice, Hurricanes beat Flyers 6-3
Sebastian Aho scored twice, Jesperi Kotkaniemi had a goal and an assist, and the Carolina Hurricanes beat the Philadelphia Flyers 6-3 on Friday.
Fox News. Sat, 27 Nov 2021 00:22:24 GMT.
- Southern California Edison works to restore power as strong winds subside
Southern California Edison works to restore service to customers whose power was shut off because of fire danger from Santa Ana winds.
Donovan X. Ramsey. Los Angeles Times. Fri, 26 Nov 2021 20:35:42 GMT.
- Live Radar: Chilly Rain Saturday, Warming to 70s Next Week
The stretch of dry days will come to an end on Saturday as an upper-level storm system arrives in North Texas.
Brian James. NBC. Thu, Nov 25 2021 02:00:41 PM.
- Will Activision Blizzard Stock Continue To See Lower Levels?
The stock price of Activision Blizzard saw a decline of 6% yesterday (Nov 16) after reports that stated Bobby Kotick, the CEO of the company, was aware of sexual misconduct, including an alleged assault. ...
By Trefis Team, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 18 Nov 2021 06:30:00 -0500.
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Activision Blizzard, and Electronic Arts
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Activision Blizzard, and Electronic Arts
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Wed, 17 Nov 2021 16:48:00 GMT.
- Heavy rains force evacuations, trap motorists in Canada
OTTAWA (AFP) - Relentless rain battered Canada's Pacific coast on Monday (Nov 15), forcing evacuations and sending mudslides, rocks and debris across highways that left motorists trapped east of Vancouver.
Straits Times. Tue, 16 Nov 2021 01:42:52 +0800.
- Mitch Landrieu tapped to manage Biden $1 trillion infrastructure plan
President Joe Biden has chosen as supervisor of his $1 trillion infrastructure plan Mitch Landrieu, who as New Orleans mayor pushed the city into recovery after the devastation from Hurricane Katrina. ...
Zeke Miller. Washington Times. Sun, 14 Nov 2021 19:36:02 -0500.
- Phillips 66 to turn refinery into oil export terminal after hurricane damages
- 2020 hurricane season costs insurers $10B-plus in Louisiana
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Insurance companies are on track to pay at least $10.6 billion to cover Louisiana claims for damage caused by Hurricanes Laura, Delta and Zeta, according to Insurance Commissioner Jim Donelon. ...
Washington Times. Sun, 07 Nov 2021 10:14:45 -0500.
- Flash floods in Bosnia prompt evacuations, power outages
Heavy rain causes severe flash flooding, evacuations and power outages in most of Bosnia's capital, Sarajevo.
Al Jazeera. Sun, 07 Nov 2021 07:38:58 +0000.
- Red Square blocked after partial collapse of scaffolding from Kremlin wall
It was reported that the incident occurred due to strong winds
Tass. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 16:04:18 +0300.
- 'Saildrone' Captures First-Ever Video From Inside a Category 4 Hurricane
This uncrewed, remote-controlled vessel gathered valuable scientific data that could help researchers better understand and predict these violent storms
Smithsonian. Fri, 08 Oct 2021 16:00:42 +0000.
Copyright © 2008-2021 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.