- Fossil Fuel Drilling Plans Undermine Climate Pledges, U.N. Report Warns
Countries are planning to produce more than twice as much oil, gas and coal through 2030 as would be needed if governments want to limit global warming to Paris Agreement goals.
Brad Plumer. New York Times. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 03:18:39 +0000.
- Cartoon dreams: Netflix's Japan anime school targets booming demand
It is training the next generation of anime artists as global demand for the Japanese genre soars.
Straits Times. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 10:54:56 +0800.
- AP FACT CHECK: Biden overstates his record on COVID vaccine
President Joe Biden is contending that the surge of COVID-19 vaccinations once he took office came about because he had the government buy all available doses
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 02:48:46 GMT.
- Biden says does not want cold war with China
According to US President, China, Russia and the rest of the world knows we have the most powerful military in history of the world
Tass. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 05:45:05 +0300.
- Rocket failure delays US hypersonic weapons test after China fired second missile
ABC News cited a US official on Thursday who said that a booster rocket with a hypersonic glide body attached failed to launch during a launch test at Kodiak, Alaska.
Daily Mail. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 03:28:11 +0100.
- One of world's last northern white rhinos retired from breeding scheme
- COP26: PM warned over aid cuts ahead of climate summit
Government advisers express "deep concern" at planned reductions in aid spending before COP26.
BBC News. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 00:57:45 GMT.
- Apple Confirms More MacBook Pro Bad News
If you were expecting Apple to max out the specifications its new MacBook Pro laptops, you're going to be disappointed.
By Ewan Spence, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 21 Oct 2021 19:49:43 -0400.
- How to plug the UK into desert sunshine
One company plans to build the world's longest electricity cable to connect Morocco to the UK.
BBC News. Thu, 21 Oct 2021 23:04:12 GMT.
- Climate change will cause global tensions, say US intelligence services
US intelligence services said Thursday for the first time that climate change poses wide-ranging threats to the United States' national security and stability around the world.
News Wires. France 24. Thu, 21 Oct 2021 22:43:38 GMT.
- Dozens of GE employees walk out of South Carolina plant in vaccine mandate protest
At least dozens of General Electric employees walked out of a South Carolina factory on Thursday to protest a federal government mandate stating that employees with federal contracts must be vaccinated against the coronavirus.
Andrew Miller. Fox News. Thu, 21 Oct 2021 22:00:44 GMT.
- Queen's cautious overnight stay in hospital was for practical reasons
It's not something the palace would necessarily have wanted to tell us about - but a story in a newspaper has probably forced its hand.
Sky News. Thu, 21 Oct 2021 23:00:00 +0100.
- Melbourne reopens - one last time
Melbourne emerges as the city which endured the more days in lockdown than anywhere else in the world. Finally, it's time for some freedom!
Sydney Morning Herald. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 08:19:27 +1100.
- 'Ron's Gone Wrong' tells story of a boy and his best friend robot in our high-tech world
The new animated family film "Ron's Gone Wrong" tells a story about a unique friendship in a world powered by technology.
Otrc. ABC News. Thu, 21 Oct 2021 20:59:02 +0000.
- Covid 19 Delta outbreak: Melbourne, Victoria emerge from lockdown - all the rule changes
Melbourne has erupted with cheers as the world's longest lockdown was officially lifted overnight.Victoria's sixth coronavirus lockdown was finally lifted at 11.59pm on Thursday after 262 days of harsh Covid-19 measures since ...
New Zealand Herald. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 07:44:58 +1200.
- World Fuel Services (INT) Earnings Expected to Grow: Should You Buy?
World Fuel Services (INT) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 21 Oct 2021 19:02:45 GMT.
- Winter is coming? Oil falls from 3-year peak on warmer forecast
A forecast for a warm United States winter put the brakes on a rally fuelled by tight supply and a global energy crunch.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 21 Oct 2021 17:24:49 +0000.
- Facebook agrees to compensate French newspapers for content
Facebook agreed to compensate French news publishers for content shared on the social media platform, the company ...
Rebecca Klar. The Hill. Thu, 21 Oct 2021 16:44:46 +0000.
- India tightens up offset enforcement
The Indian government is tightening up its enforcement of defence offsets, seeking to ensure that foreign contractors discharge obligations in line with commitments.
Janes 360. Thu, 21 Oct 2021 13:05:17 Z.
- Data Standards for Drug and Biological Product Submissions Containing Real-World Data
Data Standards for Drug and Biological Product Submissions Containing Real-World Data
Fda. Food and Drug Administration. Thu, 21 Oct 2021 08:49:38 EDT.