- Coronavirus: Airbnb founder estimates they've lost $1BILLION
Brian Chesky said Airbnb lost the staggering amount due to the refunds that had to be issued because of the global travel shutdowns that have occurred as a result of the pandemic.
Daily Mail. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 03:28:49 GMT.
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Worldwide Cases Reach 20 Million
Russia approved a vaccine that has yet to complete clinical trials, raising fears that the country is rushing for political purposes.
New York Times. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 02:59:05 +0000.
- Fox News set to broaden its reach with new overseas streaming service
Rupert Murdoch's Fox Corp said Tuesday it was launching a stand-alone streaming service for its news and business channels that would be available in 20 countries by year's end.
News Wires. France 24. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 01:52:16 GMT.
- IMPACT Wrestling Results: Winners, News And Notes On August 11, 2020
IMPACT Wrestling results, winners, news and notes featuring Heath Slater, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson and Eddie Edwards.
By Alfred Konuwa, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 21:24:06 -0400.
- Coronavirus updates: CDC issues school guidance on 'mask bullying'
A pandemic of the novel coronavirus has now killed more than 738,000 people worldwide.
ABC News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 18:58:43 -0400.
- Ronnie O'Sullivan beats Mark Williams to reach semi-final of Snooker World Championship
Watch the five best shots from Ronnie O'Sullivan's quarter-final win over Mark Williams as he reaches the semi-final of the Snooker World Championship.
BBC News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 22:46:38 GMT.
- Sarah Palin offers Harris advice: 'Don't get muzzled'
Sarah Palin, the former Alaska governor and 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee, offered Sen. Kamala Harris some advice Tuesday following the news that the California Democrat has been tapped to be Joe Biden's running ...
Tal Axelrod. The Hill. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 22:21:48 +0000.
- Stock market news live updates: Stock futures open higher; Moderna, Tesla shares soar in late trading
Stocks opened higher Tuesday evening, after a choppy session earlier sent the S&P 500 within striking distance of a record close before the the blue-chip index lost steam and declined.
Yahoo. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 18:16:22 -0400.
- O'Sullivan fights back to beat Williams and set up semi-final with Selby
Ronnie O'Sullivan says his performance "was embarrassing" as he reached the World Championship semi-finals with a 13-10 win over Mark Williams.
BBC News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 21:34:19 GMT.
- World No.2 Halep labours to victory in Prague comeback
Simona Halep made a rusty start on her return to edge Slovenian Polona Hercog 6-1, 1-6, 7-6 (7-3) in the Prague Open's first round.
Sydney Morning Herald. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 06:54:11 +1000.
- Video of Portland 'Bible burning' seized on by Trump allies alleged to be Russian disinformation scam
American intelligence officials claim Russia using news sites to spread disinformation
Graig Graziosi. The Independent. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 20:08:58 GMT.
- Covid-19 coronavirus: World passes grim new milestone with 20 million cases
Global coronavirus cases have passed a grim new milestone, with more than 20 million infections since the pandemic first began.The most worrying part is not the numbers themselves, but the speed at which those numbers are ...
New Zealand Herald. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 07:46:04 +1200.
- Hong Kong media tycoon Lai released on bail after arrest
Police had raided the office of a Lai's newspaper amid a crackdown under the new Beijing-imposed national security law.
Al Jazeera. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 19:34:09 GMT.
- Head of Fox News Decision Desk: Why results in swing states likely won't be known on election night
There may not be a clear winner on Election Day in November, according to the director of the Fox News Decision Desk, Arnon Mishkin.
Caleb Parke. Fox News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 16:53:09 GMT.
- Earnings Preview: Adtalem Global Education (ATGE) Q4 Earnings Expected to Decline
Adtalem (ATGE) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 16:30:17 GMT.
- Death toll from Beirut port blast up to 171
According to Sky News Arabiya, at least 30 people are still missing
Tass. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 19:13:01 +0300.
- Storing energy in red bricks
Red bricks -- some of the world's cheapest and most familiar building materials -- can be converted into energy storage units that can be charged to hold electricity, like a battery, according to new research. ...
Science Daily. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 12:01:54 EDT.
- Global Golf Bags Market Forecasts, 2020-2024 - Industry to Grow by $75 Million - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN - The "Global Golf Bags Market 2020-2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. ... ...
Business Wire. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 14:27:00 UTC.
- Press Centre
For more information on News Alerts, click the link above, which will take you to the Press Centre web site.
European Commission. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 13:14:09 GMT.
- Undercover team finds 9 in 10 pubs not following COVID guidance in area where cases are rising
Pubs and bars in England are ignoring COVID-19 guidance, potentially putting public health at risk, a Sky News investigation has found.
Sky News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 14:06:00 +0100.