- Veterans railcard for cheaper train fares to launch on Armistice Day
Former military personnel will save a third off most train fares, the government announces.
BBC News. Wed, 22 Jan 2020 02:17:13 GMT.
- 14-year-old starts school to teach kids how to cook
This whiz kid chef is making her mark on the culinary world!
Ccg. ABC News. Wed, 22 Jan 2020 01:32:03 +0000.
- Pamela Anderson's son Brandon Thomas Lee says he's 'incredibly happy' about wedding news
Pamela Anderson walked down the aisle again on Monday.
Jessica Napoli Melissa Roberto. Fox News. Tue, 21 Jan 2020 23:53:36 GMT.
- Newspaper headlines: Ozzy Osbourne's diagnosis and Trump climate row
Rock star Ozzy Osbourne's announcement that he has Parkinson's disease features on many front pages.
BBC News. Tue, 21 Jan 2020 23:39:58 GMT.
- These sharks can walk - CNET
In the latest news out of Australia, sharks are walking now.
Rae Hodge. CNET. Tue, 21 Jan 2020 21:42:08 +0000.
- Beautiful photographs entered in an Agora competition capture the essence of friendship
These stunning images from all over the world perfectly convey what friendship means, across cultures and generations - and the animal kingdom.
Daily Mail. Tue, 21 Jan 2020 21:41:45 GMT.
- Netflix faces down Disney Plus by adding yet more members worldwide - CNET
Netflix surpassed 167 million subscribers, but growth was slowest in the US, the epicenter of the so-called streaming wars.
Joan E. Solsman. CNET. Tue, 21 Jan 2020 21:17:24 +0000.
- Russia gets new government in what Putin calls 'major renewal'
New government installed after Russian leader unveiled plans to put proposed constitutional changes to a referendum.
Al Jazeera. Tue, 21 Jan 2020 20:39:58 GMT.
- LA Galaxy President Chris Klein Shares The Inside Story Of The Chicharito Signing
Chicharito's long-awaited MLS arrival has the soccer world abuzz. The Galaxy's president gives the inside scoop of how the team landed the Mexican megastar.
By Chris Smith, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Tue, 21 Jan 2020 20:09:29 +0000.
- Trump in Davos, Global Economic Outlook, Netflix Earnings & A Strong Buy Tech Stock - Free Lunch
The latest global economic news, which includes a deadly virus that began in central China. Trump's speech in Davos. Uber news. What to expect from Netflix earnings. And why GoDaddy (GDDY) is a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) stock right ...
Benjamin Rains. Zacks. Tue, 21 Jan 2020 19:19:00 GMT.
- Feeding the world without wrecking the planet is possible
A study now suggests a comprehensive solution package for feeding 10 billion people within our planet's environmental boundaries. ...
Science Daily. Tue, 21 Jan 2020 12:40:22 EST.
- Trump tells world leaders at Davos to cheer up about climate change and the economy
The US President also avoided any provocative language on disputes with Europe and China, suggesting trade wars are taking a back seat.
Bevan Shields. Sydney Morning Herald. Wed, 22 Jan 2020 03:34:14 +1100.
- Latinx21 Launches Monthly Video Challenge With $100 Prizes
LOS ANGELES, Jan. 21, 2020 -- On January 21, Latinx21 will debut its monthly Video Challenge on the world's only Latin-centric video-sharing platform. ...
PR Newswire. Tue, 21 Jan 2020 12:07:00 +0000.
- US Treasury's Mnuchin: Phase 2 Trade Deal May Not Remove All Tariffs
Mnuchin also warned that Italy and Britain will face U.S. tariffs if they proceed with a tax on digital companies like Alphabet Inc.'s Google and Facebook Inc., the newspaper said.
Voice of America. Tue, 21 Jan 2020 06:56:35 -0500.
- Iran Conflict Could Shift To Cyberspace, Experts Warn
After the U.S. killed Iran's top military leader, government officials and security experts say Iran could retaliate with cyber attacks ranging from destroying data to defacing websites.
Shannon Bond. NPR. Tue, 21 Jan 2020 05:06:00 -0500.
- Experts defuse World War II bomb in German city of Cologne
BERLIN (AP) - Explosives experts on Tuesday successfully defused an unexploded American bomb from World War II in the western German city of Cologne, authorities said. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 21 Jan 2020 04:35:46 -0500.
- Trudeau to hold news conference after 3-day retreat to build road map for minority government
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will hold a closing news conference this morning to wrap up a three-day retreat where his cabinet ministers mapped out a legislative roadmap for the minority government.
CBC News. Tue, 21 Jan 2020 04:00:00 EST.
- Precautions stepped up after fourth death in China blamed on coronavirus
Heightened precautions are being taken in China and elsewhere as governments strive to control the outbreak of a novel coronavirus that threatens to grow during the Lunar New Year travel rush.
Irish Independent. Tue, 21 Jan 2020 07:43:16 +0000.
- Trump on mission to sell US overseas as Senate trial resumes
DAVOS, Switzerland (AP) - President Donald Trump is on a mission to sell the United States to the global business community just as his historic impeachment trial is to get underway Tuesday in Washington. ...
Darlene Superville. Washington Times. Tue, 21 Jan 2020 00:20:10 -0500.
- CNN: No Sign Global Car Recession Ending
Putting the brakes on car sales could crash more than the auto industry, according to CNN Business, which reports sales of automobiles dropped 4% worldwide in 2019.
Newsmax. Mon, 20 Jan 2020 22:24:25 EDT.