Browse the headlines below to find up-to-date news from around the
world. Use the links in the vertical navigation bar to find
relevant news headlines about specific topics or world regions.
- What we know about Omicron, the Covid-19 variant that has sparked global alarm
Scientists fear the emerging strain could be more transmissible and have higher resistance to vaccines.
Straits Times. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 12:18:00 +0800.
- WWE Raw Results: Winners, News And Notes On November 29, 2021
WWE Raw results with The Miz and Edge returning, referencing AEW.
By Alfred Konuwa, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 23:01:26 -0500.
- As World Shuts Borders to Stop Omicron, Japan Offers a Cautionary Tale
Japan, which has been very cautious throughout the pandemic, is again barring all nonresident foreigners. There is an economic and human cost.
Motoko Rich and Hikari Hida. New York Times. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 03:54:38 +0000.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: Global vaccine inequity has 'come home to roost' with new variants
The emergence of the new Omicron variant and the world's desperate and likely futile attempts to keep it at bay are reminders of what scientists have warned for months: The coronavirus will thrive as long as vast parts of the ...
New Zealand Herald. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 15:42:52 +1200.
- Capitol riot: Michael Jackson imitator clashes with judge in court
Investigators say the man wore a "Bad" world tour jacket to the riot and brought a homemade shield.
BBC News. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 03:28:11 GMT.
- Pentagon to improve military airfields in Guam, Australia to counter China, leave other global positions as is
The Pentagon is planning major infrastructure improvements at military airfields in Guam and Australia to counter China in the Asia-Pacific region but will make no major changes to its other global positions.
Bradford Betz. Fox News. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 03:21:07 GMT.
- Congress must deal with funding, debt ceiling and Build Back Better bill
Congress returns to D.C. with two deadlines looming - they must pass a new spending bill by Friday to avert a government shutdown and pass fresh debt ceiling legislation by December 15.
Daily Mail. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 03:01:01 GMT.
- Doubling Child Payment may not be enough to hit poverty target, expert warns
Bill Scott, of the Poverty and Inequality Commission, said the Scottish Government may still not be able to reach its target for 2023-24.
Katrine Bussey. The Independent. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 02:45:19 GMT.
- Fuel retailers making 'shocking' 19p a litre profit after failing to pass on oil price cut, RAC warns
Fuel retailers should be scrutinised by the government if they fail to cut prices, a RAC boss has suggested.
Sky News. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 02:42:00 +0000.
- Newspaper headlines: Booster jabs 'scramble' and Maxwell goes on trial
The front pages focus on the expansion of the booster rollout and the trial of Ghislaine Maxwell.
BBC News. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 23:48:40 GMT.
- Omicron poses risks to global growth, inflation: Rating agencies
The COVID-19 strain compounds global economic challenges as it comes amid stretched supply chains and labour shortages.
Al Jazeera. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 21:55:00 +0000.
- Andrews government secures extra vote on pandemic bill
Rod Barton from the Transport Matters Party has pushed the government to make significant concessions to the pandemic bill, which is expected to be debated on Tuesday.
Rachel Eddie. Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 08:17:01 +1100.
- Twitter co-founder and CEO Jack Dorsey resigning
Dorsey announced the news in a tweet Monday.
ABC News. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 15:21:06 -0500.
- Bank of Montreal (BMO) Unveils Line-Up of Credit Cards
Bank of Montreal's (BMO) launch of BMO World Elite Business Mastercard and BMO AIR MILES World Elite Business cards will help Canadian business owners streamline business expenses more efficiently.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 19:06:00 GMT.
- Decisions on anti-Omicron-strain restrictions depend on government center, Kremlin says
On November 26, the WHO marked the coronavirus strain B.1.1.529, discovered in southern Africa, with the Greek letter omicron
Tass. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 20:49:20 +0300.
- Chad gives amnesty to hundreds of rebels and dissidents, meeting opposition demand
Chad's military-led government on Monday decreed an amnesty for nearly 300 rebels and political dissidents, meeting a key demand by opposition groups invited to join a forum on the troubled country's future.
News Wires. France 24. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 16:24:25 GMT.
- Japan adds USD6.8 billion to 2021 defence budget
The government of Japan has approved a supplementary defence budget of JPY773.8 billion (USD6.8 billion) for fiscal year (FY) 2021.
Janes 360. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 15:20:14 Z.
- Kyrgyz Opposition Protests Against Parliamentary Election Results, Citing Alleged Fraud
Dozens of opposition supporters have rallied in the center of the Kyrgyz capital calling for new parliamentary elections after preliminary results showed three pro-government parties winning the vote.
Radio Liberty. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 12:29:53 +0000.
- Russia Says Latest Zircon Hypersonic Missile Test Successful
Russia said Monday it had carried out another successful test of its Zircon hypersonic cruise missile, as world powers race to develop the advanced weaponry. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 07:15:28 -0500.
- Amazon sees 'record-breaking' Black Friday, official says
A top Amazon official said on Sunday that the online retail giant had a "record -breaking Black Friday" this year.While appearing on CBS's "Face the Nation," Dave Clark, CEO of Amazon Worldwide Consumer, was ...
Joseph Choi. The Hill. Sun, 28 Nov 2021 18:31:48 +0000.
Breaking News and Commentary about Current Events