- Newspaper headlines: Truss speech to 'rally MPs' amid claims of a 'coup'
The papers preview Liz Truss's Conservative conference speech as infighting in the party continues.
BBC News. Wed, 05 Oct 2022 03:35:59 GMT.
- Japan plans to reopen embassy in Kyiv: Kyodo
TOKYO - Japan plans to reopen its embassy in Kyiv on Wednesday, seven months after it was closed, Kyodo News reported, citing a source familiar with the matter that it did not identify.
Straits Times. Wed, 05 Oct 2022 10:49:09 +0800.
- TUCKER CARLSON: FBI continues to suppress evidence of Hunter Biden's business dealings
Fox News host Tucker Carlson weighs in on Hunter Biden's controversial business dealings and explains how they were covered up on Tuesday's "Tucker Carlson Tonight."
Tucker Carlson. Fox News. Wed, 05 Oct 2022 01:28:48 GMT.
- Judge Overturns Murder Convictions, Citing Use of Rap Lyrics at Trial
The decision was of particular interest because Gov. Gavin Newsom of California expanded a law last week to specifically restrict the use of rap lyrics in criminal proceedings.
Michael Levenson. New York Times. Wed, 05 Oct 2022 01:26:31 +0000.
- Four zodiac signs that are shared by the world's most notorious SERIAL KILLERS
Lauren Elaine Skirvin, 38, from Los Angeles, pulled up a list of serial killers whose zodiac signs are either Virgo, Gemini, Pisces, or Sagittarius in her video.
Daily Mail. Wed, 05 Oct 2022 01:17:38 GMT.
- UK's economic policies could cause 'many more deaths' than COVID
The government's economic policies could be causing "many more deaths" than the COVID-19 pandemic, an academic has warned.
Sky News. Wed, 05 Oct 2022 00:55:00 +0100.
- Hurricane response will be reviewed, DeSantis says amid evacuation timing questions
With Hurricane Ian the deadliest hurricane in decades in Florida, Gov. Ron DeSantis told ABC News that there would "of course" be a review of the decisions made
ABC News. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 19:54:52 -0400.
- Lamb Weston Earnings Preview: Can the Food Manufacturer Stock Reach New Highs?
The global manufacturer and distributor of value-added frozen potato products has been able to use rising inflation to its advantage. ...
Shaun Pruitt. Zacks. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 23:00:00 GMT.
- Does Global Drought Call For Geoengineering?
Widespread drought has demonstrated how climate change makes it ever harder to fight climate change. ...
By Wal Van Lierop, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 17:58:42 -0400.
- Russian diplomat says Donbass residents would face reprisals if Kiev militants returned
The president of Russia made the only possible decision: to support the desire of the residents of the DPR, LPR and the liberated territories of Ukraine to get rid of the rule of the neo-Nazi government in Kiev, Konstantin Vorontsov said
Tass. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 23:28:38 +0300.
- Braverman says UK should leave European Convention on Human Rights
Suella Braverman said it was her personal view and not government policy, which as Home Secretary she is bound by.
David Hughes. The Independent. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 20:23:53 GMT.
- World Bank Now Projects Return To Weak Growth In 2023 In Europe, Central Asia
The World Bank says countries in its Europe and Central Asia region will return to weak growth in 2023 "reflecting negative spillovers" from the war in Ukraine.
Radio Liberty. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 20:06:20 +0000.
- Is Tesla seeing a slowdown in demand?
There are early signs of caution for world's most valuable car maker, including for its increasingly premium pricing.
Al Jazeera. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 19:35:09 +0000.
- Serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer's glasses up for $150K auction, adds to Netflix series criticism
News of the auction sparked criticism online, as discourse over the Ryan Murphy-created show continues.
Russell Falcon Nexstar Media Wire. The Hill. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 17:34:36 +0000.
- Iran schoolgirls remove hijabs in protests against government
Dramatic scenes show teenagers waving headscarves and chanting against clerical authorities.
BBC News. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 16:44:35 GMT.
- Raising Warragamba Dam wall could save thousands: NSW government modelling
Raising the Warragamba Dam wall could save more than 8000 people from flood risk by 2041, according to modelling the NSW government will use to justify the controversial project.
Tom Rabe. Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 22:30:00 +1100.
- Germany's biggest power producer RWE to phase out coal by 2030
Germany's largest power producer RWE said on Tuesday it is bringing forward its coal phase-out by eight years and is ready to end lignite-based electricity generation in 2030 as part of a deal reached with the government.
News Wires. France 24. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 11:21:25 GMT.
- Update: NIOA to deliver first phase of Australia's Lethality System project
The Australian government has signed an agreement with Queensland-based firm NIOA for the supply of a range of weapons and equipment to the Australian Defence ...
Janes 360. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 06:50:10 Z.
- Herschel Walker to sue Daily Beast over report he paid for abortion in 2009
Herschel Walker, the GOP Senate nominee in Georgia, said Monday that he plans to sue a news website after it reported he paid a woman to have an abortion in 2009.
Seth Mclaughlin. Washington Times. Mon, 03 Oct 2022 22:15:14 -0400.
- Report: Biden told Al Sharpton he will seek second term
President Biden told Al Sharpton that he will run for reelection in 2024 during a private conversation at the White House last month, according to details reported Monday by NBC News.
Joseph Clark. Washington Times. Mon, 03 Oct 2022 22:03:59 -0400.