- Government minister Kemi Badenoch accuses BBC
Kemi Badenoch, who was born in London to Nigerian parents, attacked the corporation for reporting Thursday's speech under the headline: 'Minister rejects systemic racism claims.'
Daily Mail. Sun, 07 Jun 2020 01:17:53 +0100.
- Protests Today: Live Updates and Video
Thousands march around the world. Two officers face felony assault charges after shoving a protester in Buffalo.
New York Times. Sun, 07 Jun 2020 00:17:20 +0000.
- Newspaper headlines: Relaxed Covid rules and Black Lives Matter march
Protests across the UK feature prominently on several of the front pages, plus new Covid-19 warnings.
BBC News. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 23:44:36 GMT.
- Coronavirus: Inside the Welsh Government during outbreak
Some 80% of Welsh Government staff are working on Covid-19, says Wales' top civil servant.
BBC News. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 23:03:13 GMT.
- 'Enough is Enough': Jamaicans protest in support of George Floyd
Wearing black and braving a blistering sun, Jamaicans gathered on Saturday to lend support to global protests against police abuses sparked by the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis last month.
Reuters. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 19:01:48 -0400.
- Telegram messenger restores service after connection issues
Earlier the messenger reported that its users around the world experienced connection issues
Tass. Sun, 07 Jun 2020 01:58:52 +0300.
- Government "can and must" do more to address racial inequality in society, says Sajid Javid
The quotes come as thousands of people took part in Black Lives Matter demonstrations across the country
Rich Booth. The Independent. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 22:51:50 GMT.
- George Floyd, BLM protests take place on 3 continents
The demands for police reform and justice for George Floyd have become a global movement.
Peter Aitken. Fox News. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 22:05:10 GMT.
- LIVE: ABC News Live
24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events
ABC News. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 17:41:33 -0400.
- Iraq parliament approves final seven members of new government
New appointments, which include minister of oil, complete the 22-member government of PM al-Kadhimi.
Al Jazeera. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 17:45:50 GMT.
- How To Turn Around A Once Booming Global Jewelry Brand? Pandora Was On Track, Then Came Coronavirus
Denmark-based Pandora jewelry company moved quickly to put in place an ambitious turnaround plan called Programme Now after sales slowed in 2018. Here's an update on progress after management and organizational changes.
By Pamela N. Danziger, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 11:04:20 -0400.
- Pandemic pause opens window to a more contemplative world
Constant busyness and external accolades are so lauded in our world, the greatest challenge could well be to let them go during this enforced calmness.
Sydney Morning Herald. Sun, 07 Jun 2020 00:07:00 +1000.
- Black Lives Matter movement gains momentum worldwide with fresh weekend of protests
From Sydney to London to Washington, D.C., protesters launched a weekend of action to support Black Lives Matter, in many cases defying bans on public gatherings. In Paris, at least two protests went ahead despite a ban.
France 24. France 24. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 13:30:57 GMT.
- Government accused of blindsiding hospitals with new face mask rules
The government has been accused of placing hospitals in an "incredibly challenging situation" by failing to consult NHS trusts on new rules requiring outpatients, visitors and staff to wear face coverings.
Sky News. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 11:48:00 +0100.
- Kosovo Lifts All Trade Barriers Against Serbia
The new government of Kosovo announced on June 6 that it is lifting all trade barriers imposed on Serbia in a bid to reopen EU-brokered talks on normalizing ties with Belgrade.
Radio Liberty. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 10:01:08 +0000.
- One death every minute: Brazil's Covid -19 toll surpasses Italy
With its overall Covid-19 death toll exceeding 34,000 people, Brazil is now the country with the third highest number of deaths in the world, surpassing Italy.Brazil is widely regarded to be the current global epicentre of the ...
New Zealand Herald. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 21:17:52 +1200.
- New arms race taking shape amid a pandemic and economic crisis. What could go wrong?
Three decades after the Cold War ended without a long-feared nuclear cataclysm, arms control experts are starting to think the sigh of relief heard around the world then might have been premature.
Yahoo. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 05:00:50 -0400.
- Lisa Page debuts as legal analyst for MSNBC and NBC News
Lisa Page, the former FBI lawyer whose anti-Trump texts became an embarrassment in the Russia investigation, made her debut Friday as a paid analyst for MSNBC and NBC News. "I started something new today!" Ms. Page tweeted. ...
Dave Boyer. Washington Times. Fri, 05 Jun 2020 19:31:47 -0400.
- California Gov. Newsom calls for statewide use-of-force standard
California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) on Friday called for a statewide standard for police use of force as cities across his state and the country grapple with protests over the death of George Floyd in ...
Tal Axelrod. The Hill. Fri, 05 Jun 2020 23:29:18 +0000.
- Stock Market Today: Investors Tap the Brakes
Jobless claims suggested the worst of the job news may be behind us. Still, investors remained nervous about Friday's unemployment report
Kiplinger. Fri, 05 Jun 2020 15:38:23 -0400.