- Brisbane trainee nurse hospitalised with three blood clots after getting AstraZeneca Covid vaccine
Brisbane trainee nurse Ellie Peacock was given her first dose of the Covid vaccine on March 31, a week before the government advised under 50s against receiving the AstraZeneca jab.
Daily Mail. Tue, 18 May 2021 00:07:42 GMT.
- More than a billion sparrows in the world, study finds
- The Lakers-Warriors Play-In Game Is Bad News For The Jazz And Suns
With the Los Angeles Lakers and Golden State Warriors set to square off Wednesday night in the NBA Play-In Tournament, it could spell bad news for the Utah Jazz and Phoenix Suns down the road.
By Adam Zagoria, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 17 May 2021 19:51:03 -0400.
- U.S. to Donate 20 Million Doses for Global Vaccination Effort
The World Health Organization says that countries in which the virus is declining need to do more to help countries that are struggling.
Sheryl Gay Stolberg and Daniel E. Slotnik. New York Times. Mon, 17 May 2021 23:41:23 +0000.
- How US police training compares with the rest of the world
Amid calls to improve training in the US, we examine how it compares with other developed countries.
BBC News. Mon, 17 May 2021 23:39:10 GMT.
- Newspaper headlines: Fears over variant spread as millions reunited
Many papers report fears that the Indian variant could delay the planned end of lockdown in June.
BBC News. Mon, 17 May 2021 23:10:08 GMT.
- Covid-19 coronavirus: Experts reveal new Pfizer vaccine findings
A new discovery has marked a turning point in the world's vaccine rollout following fears over dosages going to waste during shipment across the globe.The EU's drug agency on Monday approved the storage of the Pfizer-BioNTech ...
New Zealand Herald. Tue, 18 May 2021 09:32:15 +1200.
- Biden approves $735m sale of precision-guided missiles to Israel, drawing criticism from Democrats
The Biden administration has approved the sale of $735m of precision-guided weapons to Israel, raising the ire of some Democrats who question support for the government of Benjamin Netanyahu.
Oliver O'connell. The Independent. Mon, 17 May 2021 19:05:20 GMT.
- Master Lock Has Had a Hold on the Industry for 100 Years
A century ago, Harry Soref made his Milwaukee-based company into a world leader with his invention of the laminated steel padlock
Smithsonian. Mon, 17 May 2021 17:45:15 +0000.
- LIVE: ABC News Live
24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events
ABC News. Mon, 17 May 2021 13:44:13 -0400.
- Pandemic Influenza Information
Pandemic influenza (flu) is a significant global public health threat. Preparedness has been recognized as a critical local, national and worldwide priority
Fda. Food and Drug Administration. Mon, 17 May 2021 13:38:18 EDT.
- COVID-19: When green, amber and red list decisions don't match the data
How does the government decide which countries are on the red, amber and green lists that determine which countries Britons should or shouldn't visit - or rather what kind of quarantine they have to undergo when they return?
Sky News. Mon, 17 May 2021 18:36:00 +0100.
- Vice News promotes Micheal Learmonth to editor-in-chief
Vice News promoted Micheal Learmonth to editor-in-chief, the company announced Monday.Learmonth, who was news director in charge of the U.S., will now manage coverage of Canada and Latin America as well. He ...
Thomas Moore. The Hill. Mon, 17 May 2021 17:26:28 +0000.
- Italian team tests positive for COVID-19 ahead of 2021 IIHF World Championship in Latvia
The 2021 Ice Hockey Championship will be hosted by the Latvian capital of Riga between May 21 and June 6
Tass. Mon, 17 May 2021 19:59:33 +0300.
- Martin Bashir quits BBC amid Princess Diana interview investigation: He 'has decided to focus on his health'
BBC deputy director of news Jonathan Munro confirmed the exit.
Fox News. Mon, 17 May 2021 15:49:40 GMT.
- Veeva (VEEV) Enhances Clinical Trial Management via Vault CTMS
Veeva's (VEEV) Vault CTMS application is expected to aid global organizations to advance study execution while ensuring compliance.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 17 May 2021 14:24:00 GMT.
- UN's World Food Programme steps up help in Gaza, appeals for funds
The UN's World Food Programme (WFP) said Monday it was providing emergency assistance for more than 51,000 people in northern Gaza and appealed for $46 million for its work in the region.
News Wires. France 24. Mon, 17 May 2021 12:22:29 GMT.
- Mapping Palestinian solidarity protests around the world
Tens of thousands of people from nearly 100 cities have participated in protests in solidarity with Palestinians.
Al Jazeera. Mon, 17 May 2021 10:57:31 +0000.
- Morrison government pulls $50m promised for station car parks
The government has pulled the pin on parking project funding it had promised in largely Liberal marginal seats ahead of the last federal election after underestimating the cost of some of the upgrades.
Timna Jacks. Sydney Morning Herald. Mon, 17 May 2021 19:34:10 +1000.
- Kyrgyz Parliament Supports Seizure Of Canadian-Run Gold Mine
Kyrgyzstan's parliament has backed a plan to temporarily seize the country's largest gold mine after its Canadian operator, Centerra Gold, announced it was taking the government to an international court.
Radio Liberty. Mon, 17 May 2021 07:48:26 +0000.