- World's longest surviving conjoined twins worked carnival sideshow act die at the age of 68
Donnie and Ronnie Gaylon the world's oldest living conjoined twins died on July 4, 2020 at the age of 68 in Dayton,Ohio. The brothers spent their life performing as a sideshow act in carnivals.
Daily Mail. Tue, 07 Jul 2020 00:28:47 GMT.
- Vocal Opponents Of Federal Spending Took PPP Loans, Including Ayn Rand Institute, Grover Norquist Group
Norquist and Citizens Against Government Waste have both criticized the CARES Act, with Norquist saying the bill's unemployment program 'delays growth.'
By Andrew Solender, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 20:04:29 -0400.
- Biden-founded law firm, a company tied to Pelosi received PPP funds, docs show
A prominent Delaware law firm founded by Joe Biden received a Payroll Protection Program (PPP) loan for between $150,000 and $350,000, records reviewed by Fox News show.
Gregg Re. Fox News. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 23:50:24 GMT.
- Government warned 'al-fresco' drinks bill is 'recipe for violence'
'The image of someone who had a broken beer glass pushed into his face is one I will never forget', former metropolitan police deputy commissioner tells government
Vincent Wood. The Independent. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 23:21:06 GMT.
- McClatchy, a Family Newspaper Business, Heads Toward Hedge-Fund Ownership
In keeping with a nationwide industry trend, a finance firm seems poised to take control of the publisher of The Miami Herald and The Sacramento Bee.
Marc Tracy. New York Times. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 23:19:40 +0000.
- Newspaper headlines: China's warning to UK and 'naughty Tory' on trial
The front pages feature tensions between the UK and China and an ex-MP on trial for sexual assault.
BBC News. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 23:10:21 GMT.
- Macron ousts security chief after police protests
French President Emmanuel Macron ousted his top security official today following protests over police brutality.It is part of a government shake-up aimed at focusing on France's post-pandemic economic recovery for the ...
New Zealand Herald. Tue, 07 Jul 2020 10:54:55 +1200.
- Trump renews culture war, putting GOP on edge
President Trump is sharpening his attacks on cultural issues in a return to a political safe haven that has some Republicans on the defensive ahead of November.The president in the last two weeks has described ...
Morgan Chalfant and Brett Samuels. The Hill. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 22:21:52 +0000.
- Racism and statues: How the toxic legacy of empire still affects us
BBC News presenter Clive Myrie visits Bristol and explores its colonial legacy.
BBC News. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 22:10:13 GMT.
- US coronavirus death toll passes 130,000: Live updates
The world's hardest hit, both in cases and deaths, the US has experienced a resurgence of the disease since June.
Al Jazeera. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 20:53:55 GMT.
- COVID-19 Real World Data (RWD) Data Elements Harmonization Project
Harmonize a list of COVID-19 data elements with several Common Data Models (CDMs) and open standards
Fda. Food and Drug Administration. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 15:07:23 EDT.
- Stock markets surge globally after China's biggest daily rise since 2015
Global stock markets have surged despite rising clusters of coronavirus infections threatening to derail economic recovery.
Sky News. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 18:57:00 +0100.
- Coronavirus updates: 8th state surpasses 100K cases
A pandemic of the novel coronavirus has now killed more than 535,000 people worldwide.
ABC News. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 13:39:14 -0400.
- India surges to third-highest number of global coronavirus cases
India became the country with the third-highest coronavirus caseload in the world on Monday, with authorities forced to convert hotels, wedding halls, a spiritual centre and even railway coaches to provide care for coronavirus patients.
France 24. France 24. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 17:01:25 GMT.
- New York's Cuomo pleads with Trump to acknowledge COVID-19 as 'major problem'
"So, Mr. President, don't be a co-conspirator of COVID," Cuomo said at a news briefing. ...
Yahoo. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 12:17:32 -0400.
- Heatwave trends accelerate worldwide
The first comprehensive worldwide assessment of heatwaves down to regional levels has revealed that in nearly every part of the world heatwaves have been increasing in frequency and duration since the 1950's. ...
Science Daily. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 11:40:05 EDT.
- Huntington Ingalls' Newport Unit Wins Submarine Support Deal
Huntington Ingalls (HII) offers submarine modernization and repair services at naval shipyards, fleet homeports and other places across the world.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 14:31:00 GMT.
- NSW government offered council grant funding to end legal action
The office of Premier Gladys Berejiklian was told about a confidential offer to the City of Parramatta for funding from a community grants program to settle a legal dispute.
Angus Thompson. Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 07 Jul 2020 00:05:00 +1000.
- Press Centre
For more information on News Alerts, click the link above, which will take you to the Press Centre web site.
European Commission. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 13:15:14 GMT.
- Kremlin says no specific date for UNSC P5 summit yet
Speaking at the World Holocaust Forum on January 23, Putin suggested organizing a summit of the five permanent members of the UN Security Council in 2020
Tass. Mon, 06 Jul 2020 13:44:04 +0300.