- JANET STREET-PORTER: Boris promised us the vaccination programme would be fast and fair
JANET STREET-PORTER: If one more person texts me the good news they've had a jab, I'll ...
Daily Mail. Sat, 23 Jan 2021 04:18:39 +0000.
- WWE SmackDown Results: Winners, News And Notes On January 22, 2021
WWE SmackDown results, winners, news and notes as Big E faces Apollo Crews for the IC TItle.
By Alfred Konuwa, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 21:59:53 -0500.
- Intelligence Analysts Use U.S. Smartphone Location Data Without Warrants, Memo Says
The disclosure comes amid growing legislative scrutiny of how the government uses commercially available location records.
Charlie Savage. New York Times. Sat, 23 Jan 2021 01:36:06 +0000.
- Can a Nudge or two make us better savers?
A government-backed firm is looking for new ways to get people to put money aside for a "rainy day".
BBC News. Sat, 23 Jan 2021 01:17:26 GMT.
- 'Can you look them in the eyes?' Hard-hitting advert airs as PM warns COVID variant could be more deadly
A new hard-hitting government advert asks Britons if they "can look coronavirus patients in the eye", as ministers toughen messaging amid concerns the newer variant is more deadly.
Sky News. Sat, 23 Jan 2021 00:51:00 +0000.
- Week in pictures: 16-22 January 2021
A selection of striking images taken around the world this week.
BBC News. Sat, 23 Jan 2021 00:34:29 GMT.
- Rove blasts publishing industry 'blacklist' push: 'Have we come to this as a country?'
Former Trump administration officials deserve gratitude for their service to America, not a campaign to hound them from public life, former White House deputy chief of staff Karl Rove told "Your World" Friday.
Samuel Chamberlain. Fox News. Sat, 23 Jan 2021 00:31:35 GMT.
- What can these American psychics tell us about the pandemic world?
The end of a system as we know it? Fleur Macdonald explores the world of the American psychics in a disruptive moment in time
Fleur Macdonald. The Independent. Sat, 23 Jan 2021 00:01:00 GMT.
- Texas sues Biden administration over halt to deportations
Texas AG Ken Paxton claims the federal government broke an agreement to consult with Texas before making changes to immigration enforcement.
Ap. ABC News. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 23:16:45 +0000.
- Why GameStop Stock Has Gone on an Epic Tear
GameStop has rocketed 2,419% since April. However, recent heat under GME shares has been fueled not just by good news, but also doubters calling it quits.
Kiplinger. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 20:40:00 GMT.
- Double oh-no: James Bond film No Time to Die postponed again
The movie's global release has been pushed back from April to October as the pandemic keeps many theatres shuttered.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 20:21:19 +0000.
- Belarus Stripped Of 2021 World Pentathlon Championships Due To 'Instability'
Just days after it was stripped of the world ice hockey championships, Belarus has lost another international sporting event it was due to host.
Radio Liberty. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 18:56:56 +0000.
- Our illusion of safety shaken, it's time for less judgment, more empathy
I am glad that Australia has not yet descended to the level of division we have witnessed in the US. Nevertheless, the polarisation that is dividing so much of the world is not confined to the US.
Jane Caro. Sydney Morning Herald. Sat, 23 Jan 2021 05:02:00 +1100.
- Russian embassy in Albania says expulsion of diplomat is groundless
On Thursday, the Albanian television broadcaster Top Channel said the Albanian government had declared a Russian diplomat as persona non-grata for failure to observe anti-epidemic measures taken in connection with the coronavirus pandemic
Tass. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 20:42:41 +0300.
- Intel Tops Q4 Earnings, Offers Solid Outlook: ETFs in Focus
The world's largest chipmaker smashed estimates for both earnings and revenues.
Sweta Killa. Zacks. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 16:10:00 GMT.
- How the Rugged F4F Wildcat Held the Line During World War II
Designed by Grumman Iron Works, the tough little fighter kept America in the fight during those early dark days in the Pacific Theater
Smithsonian. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 15:32:03 +0000.
- Hungary unilaterally procures Russian vaccine without EU health approval
The Hungarian government said Friday it had reached a deal to buy large quantities of Russia's Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine, even though it has not been approved by the European Union's medicines watchdog.
News Wires. France 24. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 10:16:36 GMT.
- With Control of the White House and Congress, Democrats Have 2 Years to Enact Change
US returns to unified government for the first time in a decade.
Voice of America. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 00:17:44 -0500.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: Why the new strains are so dangerous and how we can stop them spreading
ANALYSIS: With new, more infectious variants of Covid-19 detected around the world, and at New Zealand's border, the risk of further level 3 or 4 lockdowns is increased if those viruses get into the community. These ...
New Zealand Herald. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 16:09:19 +1200.
- 5 Travel Trends to Watch in 2021, According to Tripadvisor
Report reveals increased intent in international travel and dining behaviors, based on first party search data and global consumer survey analysis.
Travel Industry Wire. 2021-01-21 16:02:13 EST.